Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Patriot City Tales

Started by BentonGrey, August 24, 2009, 01:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Woo-hoo!!  Three cheers for new modders! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Wow! keeps getting better and better!

freegentile

Can you put custom heroes in this mod? I don't see a Heroes folder, so had to ask. And is this for FF or FFVTTR? Thank you, gentlemen!

Previsionary

Quote from: freegentile on September 22, 2009, 01:53:07 PM
Can you put custom heroes in this mod? I don't see a Heroes folder, so had to ask. And is this for FF or FFVTTR? Thank you, gentlemen!

No, not as of now. Custom characters may appear later, but this is a mod to fill in the gaps of the Freedom Forcers, so you'll understand if they're required for the majority of the missions. This mod is for FFvTTR only.
Disappear when you least expe--

Previsionary

Could it be? Another teaser? Oh boy!

What is this on the horizon? Could it be the first of many liaisons between Freedom Force and Charles Wilson? And what could this meeting pertain, I wonder? A blonde bombshell agent? A crossover between Liberty Bay and FF? The presence of an old foe? Why, this can only mean one thing... PCTales Episode 2 is even closer to being released. That's right folks... look for it to be at your doorsteps by sometime next week*.

* = Assuming nothing goes wrong and all the pieces are in place.
Disappear when you least expe--

cmdrkoenig67

John Jr.

Great plot idea, great dialog. Really liked MM speech about not underestimate Deja Vu. Looks like we''ll see he behave like a real villain this time.
Congrats, guys!

Sid

I played through the first 2 missions over the last couple of nights and was very impressed.  Gotta agree with John Jr. - you really nailed the dialogue.  I could hear Mentor speaking his lines in my head.  The missions are lots of fun too, and a great example of what can be achieved with EZscript.  Great fun!  Good job Benton and Prev! (and anyone else involved - I don't mean to leave anyone out).  I'll finish the first episode tonight.

detourne_me

someone should really update that doc astounding skin... :unsure:

Gremlin

Quote from: detourne_me on October 06, 2009, 04:28:33 AM
someone should really update that doc astounding skin... :unsure:

Yeah, especially consid...well, nevermind.

UnkoMan

Don't make me do it...

Glad to see Liberty Bay characters are still kicking. I loved that project.

Gremlin

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 06, 2009, 08:43:04 PM
Don't make me do it...

Glad to see Liberty Bay characters are still kicking. I loved that project.

Didn't you do the original yellow and blue costume?

UnkoMan

Yeah, it was just a design idea, but we didn't end up going with it. I think that was what got me back into skinning for a time period there. Looking back, though, it isn't that good a skin either.

Actually, if it's wanted, I'm willing to do an updated Doc A skin. It's a simple costume. Wouldn't take too long. Try to get his face closer to the heads Volsung made, which were based on my drawings anyhow.

detourne_me

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 07, 2009, 10:34:41 PM
Yeah, it was just a design idea, but we didn't end up going with it. I think that was what got me back into skinning for a time period there. Looking back, though, it isn't that good a skin either.

Actually, if it's wanted, I'm willing to do an updated Doc A skin. It's a simple costume. Wouldn't take too long. Try to get his face closer to the heads Volsung made, which were based on my drawings anyhow.
I'd be willing to provide an updated skope, as the current one has mapping problems.
I'll make a skope using Ren's Martian Manhunter, with Ren's Mike B7,  so he could get some density altering keyframes mixed with cheese.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually like Unko's skin, and have declared it to be the official Golden Age version.

I went with the other one at the time mostly because it was the character's creator's own design, but I do think it's the right direction for the mod.  Won't complain about any updates that get made, though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Gremlin

Quote from: detourne_me on October 07, 2009, 11:50:16 PM
Quote from: UnkoMan on October 07, 2009, 10:34:41 PM

I'd be willing to provide an updated skope, as the current one has mapping problems.
I'll make a skope using Ren's Martian Manhunter, with Ren's Mike B7,  so he could get some density altering keyframes mixed with cheese.

I fully endorse this. Would it be possible to actually add Volsung's head mesh?

UnkoMan

Yeah, if you could get that head on there it would be amazing. Volsung's skin and model work on those heads is incredible.

Anyhow, detourne, let me know what you end up with and I'll skin it when you're done.

detourne_me

That is an interesting idea to use the head.nif and I thought it would save me a lot of work actually too.  but unfortunately the head.nif isn't a full head, just a max headroom-esque face and upper chest. And although I was able to attach it alright to the MM mesh I couldn't find out how to skin it.
I'll have to ask Johnny Patches about .obj more, because this experiment was semi-succesful.
I'll keep at it though,  and Unk, I'm still working on the '70's thug too.

earl of bronze

Hi, I just checked back in here yesterday after being away for a long time. I tried this out and had a problem. In the second mission I did talk to the first thug but when I try to talk to the second encounter nothing happens. I have tried several times. Any ideas? Thanks for any help

BentonGrey

Howdy Earl of Bronze (A fan of Gemmel, huh?), could you provide me with a bit more detail?  So, have you tracked down the thieves in front of the jewlers?  Did you defeat all of them?  Did the "!" interrogate me symbol show up above the lead thug's head?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

earl of bronze

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 26, 2009, 04:58:20 PM
Howdy Earl of Bronze (A fan of Gemmel, huh?), could you provide me with a bit more detail?  So, have you tracked down the thieves in front of the jewlers?  Did you defeat all of them?  Did the "!" interrogate me symbol show up above the lead thug's head?

Yes to all of the above. I was able to interrogate that guy who old me to talk to another guy, the Nose IIRC. I found some thugs up near the right corner of the map around a civilian. I koed the thugs and got the symbol to interrogate the civilian but that did not work. I try but nothing happened. Thanks.

BentonGrey

That should be a secondary encounter.  You need to find A) A first group of thugs by a jewlrey store, then B) A gangster leaving a restaurant in the middle of the map, then C) The perpetrators of the kidnappings somewhere in the southwest quadrant of the city.
God Bless

earl of bronze

I had already done A. I tried B just now and although I get the interrogate option. I get no info. The ? mark goes away but the red arrows stay and my objective is not completed. Also the thugs aren't fighting back on this map. The bad guys did on the first one.

BentonGrey

Hmm....okay, are you playing from a saved game from INSIDE the mission?  Those can sometimes give you weird issues.
God Bless

earl of bronze

Yes, but I had to do that because the cut scene after the first encounter would not end until I saved and reloaded. I can try to restart the whole mission and see if that changes anything.

BentonGrey

All kinds of weirdness!  Okay, try to restart the whole mission, or if possible, load from the base scene before it.  Tell me what happens.
God Bless

earl of bronze

:thumbup: That worked! Thanks for your help. That was an excellent mission!

BentonGrey

Awesome!  Sorry for the complications in getting it to work, but I'm really glad that you enjoyed it! :D
God Bless

earl of bronze

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 29, 2009, 10:19:25 PM
Prev. will update the main download soon, but in the meantime, here is an updated version of that mission that should be less brutal.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gl35zm0zkot

Facing off against Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers can still be a pain because Buck can fly, but if you play smart and take advantage of Puck's arrival, it won't be too bad.  Let me know if you need any tips!

Please let me know what you think!

I could use some tips, Buck is killing me. How can I take advantage of Puck?  And has the main dl been updated? The link is no longer valid. Thanks.

BentonGrey

Well, what I always do is either A) Use The Bard to take control of Flash, and have him take Buck on (thereby weakening him, and maybe even knocking him out if you're lucky), or B) just try and keep them off balance until Puck arrives.  The troublesome sprite should summon some animated trees, and they can be quite a pain.  However, if you stun him (and The Rogue's crippling strike is great for that) the summoned creatures will go berserk and attack Flash and Buck.  The Rogue is strong enough to throw some things at Buck, if necessary, as well.

I'm afraid I don't know about the DL.  Prev. will, though.
God Bless