bionic man vs bigfoot

Started by bearded, August 22, 2009, 05:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

bigfoot rips a tree out of the ground and chases steve with it.  awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktcQ2A32cU

GogglesPizanno

I so remember watching this when I was younger and thinking it was perhaps the greatest thing Id ever seen on TV.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Oddly enough, this particular bit of the show is considered both one of its high points and one its low points.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

thanoson

I also remember this as AWESOME!!!! But, umm.... hmmm..... So, Bigfoot is bionic? I love how anyone flying through the air sounds just like a missile. Even if its just from 4 feet.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

bearded

Quote from: thanoson on August 22, 2009, 06:25:54 AM
I also remember this as AWESOME!!!! But, umm.... hmmm..... So, Bigfoot is bionic? I love how anyone flying through the air sounds just like a missile. Even if its just from 4 feet.
austin looked surprised also.
isn't there a bionic man skin somewhere?  i totally want to recreate that fight in the danger room.
i used to have that toy.

cmdrkoenig67

LOL!  That was great, Beard...I haven't seen that in years!

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

A bigfoot and/or Chewbacca mesh would be just awesome!

Dana

herodad1

i always use the shaggyman skin over a alex's freedom fortress for bigfoot.i put it on ren's prof. hulk mesh.

bearded

which skinner did shaggy man?
i totally remember a steve austin skin.  way back in the early days.  maybe freedom force center.

BWPS

He's supposed to be moving very fast, then why is it in slow motion? Surely they could have sped it up slightly and made every scene cool and exciting instead of terrible and boring. And also some sound effects vs. terrible old music would have helped. It was a good show which I enjoyed reruns as a kid but I really don't follow those decisions now.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

thalaw2

I love those clothes.  LOL!
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteSo, Bigfoot is bionic?

He's an alien-built artificial creature made totally of bionic technology.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

jtharris86

Alaric

Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of the '70s, quite possibly the strangest decade ever.
Fear the "A"!!!

cripp12

Quote from: BWPS on August 22, 2009, 02:47:21 PM
He's supposed to be moving very fast, then why is it in slow motion? Surely they could have sped it up slightly and made every scene cool and exciting instead of terrible and boring. And also some sound effects vs. terrible old music would have helped. It was a good show which I enjoyed reruns as a kid but I really don't follow those decisions now.

He's moving so fast that you can't see him in real time. There was an episode where an old man saw him running in real time which was a funny scene.
P.s. not terrible and boring. The best show ever. LOL

thanoson

Wonder if the mars lander ep is on youtube somewhere. Didn't Steve lose it at the end of the episode?

BTW, he could only run about 65 mph. That was Jamies top speed. He always seem to keep up with her.

herodad1

Uncle Yuan

I always thought this episode had something to do with Bigfoot and Wildboy, although it doesn't really seem so.  The intro to this show does have strong similarities to the Bionic Man, especially with the car speedometer/running really fast scene.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

thanoson

Lol. They had their own language.

stumpy

From one of those geocities sites that may be disappearing, bioniczombie's Six Million Dollar Man skin.

BTW, when I was a kid, the Six Million Dollar Man show was syndicated after school and I remember thinking it was teh uber (though, in those days, I think the term was "awesome"). Of course, I was grounded when my mom caught me "bionic" jumping from the couch to the recliner one time too many.

And, yeah, I reckoned that the slow-motion super speed was to indicate that it happened so fast that they were showing it slowed down so that we could see it. And, of course, when pretending to do the bionic tricks while playing, we did them slowed down, even though that didn't make much sense for live-action play...  :D

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Xenolith

From now on whenever I got into a place I've never been before I'll just start randome shouting "Marlene!  Marlene!"

I'd also like to contribute this little gem...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLqsurJhP28&feature=related

bearded

they had a son;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaea_SGN5c&feature=related
i remember the scene where he runs with different effects, shown moving super fast.  jaime askes steve, 'can you do that?'
and he could shoot lasers out his eyes.

clownprince

:thumbup: man this was awesome tv . when i was 10  :lol: andre the gaint as bigfoot will always have a special place in my young mind  :thumbup:

cripp12

Quote from: clownprince on August 23, 2009, 02:06:52 PM
:thumbup: man this was awesome tv . when i was 10  :lol: andre the gaint as bigfoot will always have a special place in my young mind  :thumbup:

That was andre the giant?  WOW!

bearded

i had no idea that was andre the giant.  makes it even better.
i found a page of downloadable sound fx if anyone wanted to make some bionic fx...they even have the fight sound.
http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Bionic_Man_Sounds.aspx

cripp12

Quote from: bearded on August 23, 2009, 03:23:03 PM
i had no idea that was andre the giant.  makes it even better.
i found a page of downloadable sound fx if anyone wanted to make some bionic fx...they even have the fight sound.
http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Bionic_Man_Sounds.aspx

i like the bionic ear.