"The Walking Dead" TV series

Started by Midnite, August 19, 2009, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

I believe the show is more gear towards how people react or will to survive kicks in when face in a crisis, not so much the zombies themselves
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

lugaru

Quote from: B A D on November 08, 2011, 02:09:37 PM
pick. up. the . pace.

That is why I was actually a little worried when I saw this would be a longer season...

Have not seen the newest episode yet (doing a lot of late nights) but yeah it has been slow.

That said I do love the soap opera aspect of the comic but I dont think the show is as good when it comes to the soap opera stuff, I'm not rooting for characters to hook up and all that.

@ JeyNyce: As for zombies being a secondary threat, that is the way the comics are. I mean it is dangerous to travel on your own but the really dangerous stuff is betrayal, rival groups of humans, disease, starvation, accidents and people going mad.

captmorgan72

Does anyone else think that Daryl and Shawn should be the leaders of the group? Rick needs to take a backseat, the only two who seem to understand the situation they are in, and will do whatever is necessary to keep the group safe are these two.

captmorgan72

I also think that Hershel is nuts. He thinks that putting down a walker is murder. I would take the old coot with me to get supplies and see what he does when the "sick people" come to eat him.

captmorgan72

Wow, why isn't anyone talking about this show? Anyway, last nights mid season finale was fantastic. I am sooo behind Shane. Maybe now, Rick will finally snap to reality and learn that Shane's way is the right way to survive in that zombie apocalyptic word.

Vertex

Shane is a rabid dog that needs to be put down :P
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

JeyNyce

Quote from: Vertex on November 29, 2011, 01:17:32 AM
Shane is a rabid dog that needs to be put down :P

I disagree.  I like Shane even more now.  I felt the same way he did, maybe he over did it a bit, but I agreed with the point he was trying to make.  I also like the girl becoming the sharpshooter of the group.

bat1987

Quote from: captmorgan72 on November 29, 2011, 01:11:11 AM
Anyway, last nights mid season finale was fantastic.

This! Loved it, it more than made up for the slow pace of the previous episodes in the season. Whole barn scene was pure win,
Spoiler
from Shane shooting multiple shots in the zombie, Herschel breaking down crying, and Sophia appearing at the end
, the whole scene had me glued to the screen.

B A D

I was very impressed by the mid season finale. Very well done. The barn reveal at the end kicked me in the gut. Can't wait for February.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

captmorgan72

The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler
the writers having Shane freeze when Sophia was revealed to be a walker. Then Rick putting her down. Obviously, they are trying to solidify Rick as the leader but I think its bs. Shane wouldn't have had a problem putting her down.

JeyNyce

Quote from: captmorgan72 on November 29, 2011, 01:58:51 PM
The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler
the writers having Shane freeze when Sophia was revealed to be a walker. Then Rick putting her down. Obviously, they are trying to solidify Rick as the leader but I think its bs. Shane wouldn't have had a problem putting her down.

Spoiler
I don't think they were trying to solidify Rick as the leader.  When Sophia came out Rick was shock then anything because even though he said that she may be dead, he didn't believe it, not 100% anyway.  Rick took her out because he felt responsible for her and it's his fault that she became a walker.  He put her out of her misery. 

laughing paradox

Anyone catching the 'second half' of this season?

I have to say, these last two episodes are already a vast improvement over the first half. They kicked up the action, which was in dire need.

Podmark

Yeah the pace is certainly up. It's interesting how the group is starting to split into two with Shane and Rick leading each side.

And the longer the show goes on the less it seems like the comic, which has me curious over where things will go.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

B A D

I think the season will end with (one way or the other) the collapse of the current status quo and whats left of the cast heading on the road, and back toward the source material.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

laughing paradox

Yeah, I'm more than certain that season 3 will occur..
Spoiler
in a prison. I also think we'll be introduced to Michonne by the end of this season, or early next season. We will definitely get the Governor storyline as well. Other than that, it's anyone's guess.

Magnificent

This season was much more "Days of Our Lives" than Zombieland.  Last night's season finale made up for a lot of that though  :D

laughing paradox

The Walking Dead finale was awesome. The last couple of episodes have been great. This second half of the season was definitely a vast improvement over the first.

Spoiler
I loved the introduction of Michonne. Fantastic scene. I'm glad Shane bit the dust, but Dale's demise was a total shock. The third season should be phenomenal, as the prison-based arc was perhaps the best in the book.

laughing paradox

Season 3 is starting off with a bang! First two episodes were incredible.

laughing paradox

How is no one discussing this season!? Wait.. I get it.. you're all zombies, aren't you?

:moribundi2

Podmark

...Brains...

I've definitely been enjoying this season. Some comments:
Spoiler

Highlights:
hardcase Carl, huge improvement over annoying kid Carl from last season.
Merle and the Govenor.
Rick and his crew as a well oiled combat machine.
Way more zombies this year.
Hershel's still alive (I enjoy TV Hershel quite a bit, expecting him to kick it sometime this year though)

Lowlights:
Andrea
Michone, I just find her too closed off so far.
I don't like that the prison seems to be constantly unsafe.

And something upcoming I'm excited for:
Spoiler

Tyreese!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

...no more new TWD till February!
Well, I still have the games to replay and the comic coming out!

billdamn22

October cannot come quick enough! Can't wait to be watching these episodes!

XStream

Admittedly, I am fairly new to the Walking Dead. I marathon watched season's one, two and three on Netflix and this has been the first season I have watched an episode at a time. I have caught much chatter on FR about the show...

Any predictions for the season finale?

Possible Spoilers! (Because I don't know how much of the season/show you've seen and I do not want to be the one to spoil anything about the Walking Dead for you)

Spoiler
I've said since the first time I saw that sign, Terminus is bad news. I think it will be cannibals or something like that.

Do you think we will see more than a glimpse of Beth this season or will we have to wait for the next season to see what has happened. I am wondering if we will not see a glimpse of her just before the credits roll.

Anyone know why there is a lot of speculation that Rick (yeah, right) or Carl will not make it to Terminus.... (although maybe that is a good thing). Is it the poster with Rick, Carl, and Michonne that says, "Who will arrive?"?

Do you think the preview clip is in reference to the group hunting Rick, Carl, Michonne or for Terminus being a trap?

Whoa... forum dump...
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Shogunn2517

Maybe I overlooked it but...

Spoiler
Where's Carol?

Podmark

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on July 26, 2014, 08:24:03 AM
Maybe I overlooked it but...

Spoiler
Where's Carol?

Spoiler
Can't recall if I saw her in the trailer, but she's definitely back. Of course I can't guarantee her long term survival in a show like this.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Silver Shocker

So yeah, that was a thing.

Spoiler
The long awaited, heavily publicized "final Rick Grimes episode". I kinda loved it. Of course Hershel's cameo was extra special since Scott Wilson recently passed away.  Did Merle make a cameo? Because I seem to recall they said last week on Talking Dead that Micheal Rooker did a cameo, maybe he was in the scene with the piles of bodies and I missed it. Well, I could check the PVR recording and check that scene again.

Not even gonna front, I was straight-up tearing up during those last ten minutes when he was crossing the bridge.

Then I waited through that last commercial break and then...

"GODDAMNIT HE'S STILL ALIVE?!" I just started laughing for several minutes at that point.

Using that song from the end of the very first episode...perfect. Honestly, the only thing that would made it better was if Glenn made a cameo.

And then we get the last scene with the new characters from the comic....and an older gun-slinging Judith, revealing ANOTHER time-skip....WHAAAT?!

And then on Talking Dead right after they announced Rick will appear again in a series of AMC Tv Movies, presumably set in different parts of the world, something that The Walking Dead franchise has largely never covered. Pretty cool!
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Shogunn2517

Yeah, pretty much co-sign your sentiments. That WAS pretty surprising.

Spoiler
I was like WOAH He still alive! That was nearly as shocking as the SIX YEAR TIME JUMP! New territory. As excited to see what the new world they have built looks like, just as much as I'm excited to see where the tv movies will take Rick. Will they be time jumped too? Speaking of, where does this leave FWD? Is that gonna be time jumped with TWD or will they go back to somewhat of the original time separation they had between the two series?

Gotta admit it shot a bit of life in the series despite the backlash I'm sure they'll get in this new territory.