"The Walking Dead" TV series

Started by Midnite, August 19, 2009, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Zippo

Me too, but I have a bad feeling they're going to destroy it. Terribly written dialogue seems to be a staple for dramatic television these days.

murs47

Jakew

The people involve are fantastic ... Frank Darabont is the man, Gayle Anne Hurd is also awesome. Just look at The Mist and tell me you can't imagine him doing Walking Dead.

MJB

I am a HUGE fan of the Walking Dead. I own multiple trade backs of the comics. While this news is exciting, I will hold back my excitement until I see some pictures from the set. No need to get my hopes up prematurely.

Midnite

Source link

QuoteFrank Darabont, director of The Shawshank Redemption has been given the go-ahead from AMC to adapt the astounding zombie comic The Walking Dead for television. Time to get excited, and prepare your anti-zombie shelter.

ghazkul

I was actually talking to Charlie Adler about this the other day (we go to the same comic shop) and he's really excited by it! He hopes to get a cameo role as a zombie (and maybe a nod to the all comic-artist band he's in "Giant-Sized Band-Thing"). From what he said the pilot is likely to be either an hour or two, he's read the script and really likes it. Apparently it follows the first issue mainly, but with more exposition and a real cliff-hanger ending. 

Mr. Hamrick

Trying to get on the crew for this or on board as a zombie extra myself. 

wish me luck.

it's being filmed in atlanta and some of my friends are already on as extras and crew.

Midnite

laughing paradox

thanoson

Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Reepicheep

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Reepicheep on July 26, 2010, 08:14:08 PM
Quote from: Midnite on July 15, 2010, 06:09:45 PM
Cast photo shoot

Hamrick, which of those is you?

None of them.  :(  I wasn't able to make it in as a zombie extra.  HOWEVER, several of my friends are zombies in it.  LOL!

Besides, I don't work in front of the camera unless its a background extra usually unless I get suckered into it.  I prefer staying behind the camera and unseen. 

murs47

New Trailer. It's about 4 minutes and 30 seconds long.

MikeB7

lugaru

That trailer is pretty much straight out of the first few issues... not sure what more I can ask for.

Once it comes out on DVD I hope there is a black and white option, just for that extra bit of atmosphere. Or if I watch it on my computer I think I can tell windows media player to play in that mode pretty easily.

B A D

I think Kirkman a said in the last WD issue # 76 that he was trying to get a black and white option on the DVD.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

Podmark

A the San Diego Con I'm pretty they said the DVD will have the black and white option. Either that or they said they were trying like BAD said.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

lugaru

Nice, I love that it is in color but a black and white option only means I'll watch it twice.   :D

MJB

Just finished watching the season premiere. I'm blown away. The quality was superb, the acting was decent & they seem to be respecting the source material while still adding their own take. To tell the truth I knew there would be violence in the series but I was a bit surprised by what they were able to show. The opening segment was great. It was shocking while also sad.

I enjoyed every minute of the premiere. If you are on the fence about watching this show I say give it a try. Highly recommended!

-MJB

MikeB7

Totally agree.  They did a fantastic job capturing the mood of the series.  Just stellar production.  Lennie James (who I liked in Jericho) knocked it out the park with his scene at the window with the rifle.

herodad1

Viking

I also watched and enjoyed the season premiere.  I never read the original source material, so I'm simply enjoying the show on its own merits.

B A D

Very good opening.

Lets hope the numbers hold up after this week. They had a nice advantage showing it on Halloween.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

docdelorean88

This was a great pilot episode! I've never read the comics, but this has a great premise!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

udasu

Not a huge Darabont fan, but I like the comic and was entertained by the AMC ver. And a bit freaked/weirded out.