News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Still fighting with Weapons Master.

Started by daglob, August 10, 2009, 03:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Well, I got it installed and working (the default "pistol" is a LAWS-like flamethrower, however), but FFXEdit doesn't give me the ability to choose any other weapons. In FF1 you got pull-down menus, and now there is nothing.

What do I need to do?

Also: where are the weapons located? I want to put my NPI weapons pack there.

daglob

BentonGrey

Sorry Daglob, I'm fairly inexperienced with Weapons Master.  I believe there is a folder called "weapons" in the art directory. Try the area_specific folder.  There is an entry in the manual about making and incorporating weapons, but I remember it being a little hard to find.  I'm sorry I don't have time to locate it for you at the moment, though.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

GogglesPizanno

To get other weapons to show up in the drop down I think you need to add entries for them in the ffxcustom.py file (in the scripts directory) I believe the default install just has a single pistol (set as a flamethrower) as an option.

*EDIT*
SO i just briefly tried it and if you open ffxcustom.py and go to the weapon master section, you will see that there are actually 2 entries for "default". The first entry is what the game loads, so if you replace that first one with the other one (that has the 3 weapon entries instead of just the one) it should work fine. To add new weapons, you will have to set them up first in FFEdit as objects in the template tab (use the default weapons as a guide). If you want the weapon to have a nice name and description, you will also need to add entries for the new weapons in the strings.txt file and regenerate the language files. Once your new weapons are added you can then use them in game by adding them to one of the slots in ffxcustom.py.

daglob

Okay, I'll do that and see what happens.

Thanks!