News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

he man work in progress

Started by bearded, July 24, 2009, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

bearded

in group 8, fusion has released a he-man mesh, may 29, 2005. as well as man at arms, orko and any other master of the universe you could think of.  so...it looks like it's been done.
i don't know if i should continue or turn it into something else.

Tomato

Quote from: bearded on July 28, 2009, 01:54:30 PM
in group 8, fusion has released a he-man mesh, may 29, 2005. as well as man at arms, orko and any other master of the universe you could think of.  so...it looks like it's been done.
i don't know if i should continue or turn it into something else.

Yes, but Fusion meshes are not for skoping, and it seems like there's another reason why skinners avoid them... So yeah, it's TECHNICALLY been done, but several skinners will kiss your feet if you do it again.

Besides, based on what I'm seeing... yours is better anyway.

Blkcasanova247

bearded

ok, good enough.  i'll make a he_man_versatile with many different weapons and sci fi guns then(daglob's idea).

Blkcasanova247

The two of you should hook up and do this He-Man based on Tomato?s ?new? male_basic TM. I?m all for pushing the finger initiative forward! ;)

jtharris86

Quote from: bearded on July 28, 2009, 05:29:22 PM
ok, good enough.  i'll make a he_man_versatile with many different weapons and sci fi guns then(daglob's idea).

Woohoo

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on July 28, 2009, 05:34:17 PM
The two of you should hook up and do this He-Man based on Tomato’s “new” male_basic TM. I’m all for pushing the finger initiative forward! ;)

I agree, that's an excellent idea

style

So you'll put a bunch of different stuff on on him so we can make any Master of the Universe character we want right? Even Skeletor?
The Ultimate Fan!

laughing paradox

That He-Man mesh is shaping up very nicely.

I think you really made TUE's day.... get it? Tue'sDay. Snicker.

bearded

Quote from: style on July 28, 2009, 06:54:06 PM
So you'll put a bunch of different stuff on on him so we can make any Master of the Universe character we want right? Even Skeletor?
you mean like this?

blame daglob, it was his idea.
i would love to work with tomatoe's stuff, but i would have to start all over from the beginning.

deano_ue

as cool as that would be bearded, meshing he-man is kind enough, though MOTU re-used a lot of parts armour and such only really fitted on or two characters, and most accessories would be huge projects, its the main reason myself and fusion never got around to 90% of the characters we started

bearded

closer.
fusion actually released a lot of his motu on group 8 and i think 7.  was there more he didn't release?
i was just thinking of putting on different types of weapons mainly.  not necessarily motu weapons, but law's sword, order's hammer, and some freshly made items.
i wouldn't say that my version is better than fusions, however.  his pieces are amazing works of art!

Tomato

Quote from: bearded on July 28, 2009, 10:31:18 PM
you mean like this?

blame daglob, it was his idea.
i would love to work with tomatoe's stuff, but i would have to start all over from the beginning.

Not really... you'd need to change the hands, but the rest is pretty much just mapping changes. If you want, I can go ahead and send you the Male_Basic_TM max now.

Zivon23

How is the skinability of this going to be?  Are you mapping it for Male Basic or other?
If other, can you map it to MB as well?  I see many WWE meshes coming from this if done right. :D

primus

Quote from: Tomato on July 29, 2009, 04:48:00 AM
Not really... you'd need to change the hands, but the rest is pretty much just mapping changes. If you want, I can go ahead and send you the Male_Basic_TM max now.

Oh how happy this would make me

bearded

Quote from: primus on July 30, 2009, 03:27:50 AM
Quote from: Tomato on July 29, 2009, 04:48:00 AM

Oh how happy this would make me
tomatoe is 5.1 and i'm 4.2.
i'm experimenting with keyframes now, and some meshes are developing based on all of your suggestions here.  might as well, no need to waste, right?  also, i'm pretty sure that by exporting with a great variety of keyframes, they will all work with the same model, so you can use the keyframe tool to switch them around at will.
when you say claw, you mean the unconquered?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/SonjaClaw1.jpg/250px-SonjaClaw1.jpg

daglob

I dunno if it's too late to do anything about this, but you might make te skull a little smaller, even if iteans clipping a little. The skinner will just have to skin the head and the skull the same color.

Tomato

Quote from: bearded on July 31, 2009, 01:30:55 AM

5, actually. While I could technically patch to 5.1, I've never seen the need... I only export to FF1 anyway, makes my life simpler.

Blkcasanova247

Maybe send Tomato your max file when you're done and he can alter the sucker...that's of course if you're both into it. ;)

jtharris86

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on July 31, 2009, 04:52:56 PM
Maybe send Tomato your max file when you're done and he can alter the sucker...that's of course if you're both into it. ;)
Yeah, what he said  :P

Tomato

or I could offer him an import/export format which would contain MOST of the relevant data in my max files.

bearded

i can easily make the skull smaller.
and now that i think of it, i have to have fingers to do claw the unconquered properly.

deano_ue

umm bearded you do know skeletor has a totally different armour and design, I just don't want to do all this work unless you want to

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Tomato on July 31, 2009, 05:11:03 PM
or I could offer him an import/export format which would contain MOST of the relevant data in my max files.

Sweet! :)

Blkcasanova247

bearded

thanks for asking.  i made some tangent meshes based on my work so far, and have sent off iron jaw and conan to be skinned.  i'll probably work some more on him today, unless tue scares me off some more.

deano_ue

bearded

i'm just using you as an excuse for my randomness in finishing projects.

deano_ue

ahh just like the other members of hero force :D

Blkcasanova247

Any chance of seeing another preview of him at this stage?