Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

MARVELMAN Belongs to Marvel

Started by Renegade, July 24, 2009, 10:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade

Hey Kids, COMICS!

AfghanAnt

Not really. Joe Q has been working behind the scene with Neil Gaiman for three years now.

Talavar

Still, it's been in legal limbo for so long I don't think anyone expected a resolution so (seemingly) suddenly.  I wonder where it goes from here?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Talavar on July 24, 2009, 11:29:34 PM
Still, it's been in legal limbo for so long I don't think anyone expected a resolution so (seemingly) suddenly.  I wonder where it goes from here?

Hopefully Marvelman will get his own universe and not have to be bogged down by over use from the likes of Loeb, Bendis and company.

John Jr.

Agreed, but i fear we'll have "Marvelman vs Wolverine", " Dark Marvelman" and so on in no time :(

Talavar

I haven't read them since the issues are so hard to get a hold of, but given what I've heard about Alan Moore & Neil Gaiman's work on Marvelman back in the day, wouldn't the title have to at least be under the Max imprint at Marvel?

The Enigma

I don't really care who owns the rights, I do care that it will be reprinted and I will be able to enjoy its goodness at long last :)
The Enigma skin by Juancho, thanks Jay. Fate skin by Kitt Basher, thanks Kitt. Microhero by Reepicheep, thanks Reep. Fate smiley by Paradox. RIP dude.

tommyboy

I doubt very, very much that they'll get Moore to work for them, and I hope Gaiman can do better stuff than his last few Marvel projects, which have not been his best work, in my opinion.
Which leaves us with Sentry Vs Marvelman, starring Wolverine, son of wolverine and wolverine-girl.
Avoid and buy the excellent Trades instead is what my instincts scream. My Bendis-sense is tingling....

bearded

what's most likely is it will be given a designation number, and the exiles will end up there.  then in a few years, there will be a new dark version, like they did with squadron supreme.  the original is pretty dark, but there really is no upper limit to these things, are there?  i remember when the killing joke was considered adult and dark, but i just read azzirello's joker trade, and man, i mean to tell you...
but i got lost on a tangent.  so, there will be an ultimate marvelman supreme, written by azzirello, and it will then be visited by the exiles, and marvelman vs miracleman.  written by chris claremont.
seriously, i totally predict this.

murs47

I wonder if this even interests the "new" generation of readers. :unsure: