News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Free Comic Book Day 2021

Started by Randomdays, August 14, 2021, 04:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Just got back form the local brick and mortar. Not a bad selection this tear - I was able to pick out 6 of the 30 or so available.

Marvel had a Spider-man Venom, as well as an Avengers-Hulk.

Even though DC wasn't listed anywhere on the preview pages, they did have some comics available - a kids comic that looked like Robin going to school, and the 2 I picked up - a King Shark - Suicide Squad and a Batman.

My wife wanted the Archie that was out, and of the rest, nothing really grabbed me, so I grabbed a Vampirella since I liked the cover.

Anyone got out yet to cjheck it out?

RD

Silver Shocker

I went today. There was a surprisingly good turnout at my place. It seemed like every FCBD book was there but the guy running the store said he ordered plenty of the Marvel and DC stuff and less of the others because he wasn't even sure if they do much of it.

They also ran sales on other items at the store.

I was allowed to get three books, so I got Avengers, Batman and Spider-Man/Venom. I'll get the rest on Comixology when they go up.

I also bought some trades on sale (Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth by Scott Snyder, Darkhawk Classic and Quasar Classic) and because I bought those, I was given two mystery books with variant covers. A Fantastic Four #1 (current volume) with a variant cover worth $15, and a variant cover version of Batman #50 by Scott Snyder worth $50. I've got a very generous comic book guy.  :)
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa