News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Melee animation question.

Started by Mangler44, July 15, 2009, 09:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangler44

First off if this post is in the wrong area, sorry team!  I can move it to the correct post as directed. 

I have noticed with some of the characters I have created, that some melee attacks dont show up under the animation tab.  For example...  I have the mesh from the movie "Aliens".  It has several melee attacks.  Melee, Melee_2 Melee_3 etc.  However these attacks dont show up under the melee attack area. These animations show up in the Area and Direct attack animation zone. 

If someone understand the jibberish I am trying to explain, perhaps someone can tell me how to get the other melee attacks to show up in the melee attack area.

Oh and I have seen some mesh keyframes have more then 1 Idle stance.  How can you make the mesh use an Idle_2 instead of the standard Idle.

Vertex

I've never looked at that mesh so I can't comment too much but sounds like you can fix that very easily with the nifskope to rename animations and perhaps your melee probs are incorrect notes in the track which can also be renamed like the animations themselves.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

detourne_me

I think the problem with your melee attacks is that the animations call for a "leave_hand" and not a  "contact"

If you open up Ctool2 you could see in the small white box the timecode for the animations,  they will probably say "leave_hand" at the key moment.  "leave_hand" is used for ranged/area/defence etc. powers, while "contact" is used only for melee.

This can be corrected in both Nifskope and a hex editing program.  just take a look at some of the numerous tutorials on keyframe editing.

The same goes for the idles too.
"idle" is the default, using a program like nifskope or m25's keyframe transfer utility you could easily rename a different idle to "idle".

Vertex

what he said, which means whoever put it together was a big dummy for leave_hand in melee
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Gremlin

Quote from: Vertex on July 16, 2009, 01:57:29 AM
what he said, which means whoever put it together was a big dummy for leave_hand in melee

If I recall correctly, English wasn't Gni's first language, and I think there were a couple other elements from his meshes that his language barrier affected.

detourne_me

True Grem.
However luckily enough with nifskope it can easily be changed.  the big one is renaming Scene Principle to Scene Root in meshes when you want to skope extras pieces onto/from Gni's meshes.