News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

GI Joe Art Needed for Upcoming Website

Started by Pyroclasm, July 06, 2009, 01:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroclasm

Hi guys and gals!

It's been a while.  I am currently working on a project in the vein of the old Marvel "Order of Battle" or the more recent Image "Battle Files" feature a single character image of a GI Joe character, accompanied by by biography text.  I am in need of quality character art.  This is an unpaid gig, as it is a for a brand-new community oriented GI Joe fan site.  I know at least one of you has joined in the fun already.  I am hoping to tap into the talent pool available here.

What is needed:
Single character image ideal for a vertical layout without a background.
Any character from the G.I. Joe universe (Joe, Cobra, Other).
Traditional comic style art method is preferred, in color, or at the very least inked and ready to be colored.  We will entertain other art styles, so feel free to let us know what you'd like to do.
To help you with composition, note that the character image will be placed in the upper right of the page so please no right-facing poses.
Any of these images should not have been previously published/posted.

You can redesign the characters within reason.  They should still be recognizable by the audience, even if certain details are different.
We will give full credit for the artwork and if you have a portfolio website, we will link to it as well.
If we use your image, we would need to be licensed exclusive GI Joe website posting rights.  (You retain full copyright over your image.  It is yours.  We just need to be the only Joe site allowed to use it.)

Just name the character you are working on, and feel free to post your images in this thread.  I can also be reached at bamphalas@yahoo.com.
I will post a URL to the site as we approach closer to completion.  Expected unveiling of the website and the project will be at the beginning of August, just prior to JoeCon.

Pyroclasm

The website's url is http://www.joeuniverse.com
If you are a GI Joe fan, please stop by.  Still a bit under construction, so please excuse the mess.