News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Suicide Squad Mod

Started by triad4evr, June 20, 2009, 09:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triad4evr

I was so glad to find the Suicide Mod again on http://freedomforceforever.com/ after Steam released both Freedom Force games again and I've stumbled across an old bug that isn't specific to Suicide Squad if I remember correctly, but was a general Freedom Force bug and I was wondering if anybody remembers it- some characters were supposed to have their capes alpha-ed out, but they show up as ghostly white in the game. What fixed that? I remember that problem, I think, I just don't remember the solution...

wickerman

Is the problem specific to one mesh or are you getting it with all of them?

I ask because I think their were 2 versions of male_alpha...  I could be wrong I was never up to speed on meshing...
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

triad4evr

All of the people using Male_Alpha as far as I can tell. There are three I've seen, Deadshot, Pantomime, and Wildcat. So I would guess there's the problem...

BentonGrey

Some video cards just don't play well with Alphas.  I had the same problem, and at the time I was just beginning to experiment with modding, so I fixed it by changing the meshes.  I added VX's excellent Deadshot mesh, a new Captain Boomerang, and all around upgraded the characters to meshes that had been made for them since the mods' release.  All you really have to do is modify their powers so that they point to the right keyframe, and their templates so they point to the right mesh.  You can even cheat a bit and make the mod a bit easier.  I put Deadshot's attacks on kf's that had mutliple contacts....but didn't lower the power.  The man is now a killing machine! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

triad4evr

My editing ability is quite limited, truth be told, so I dunno if I can do all that... but, yeah, I've heard now it's prolly a graphics card issue. Daglob is sending me something I'm gonna try to use...

darabka

I am unable to find the Hero files in the Suicide mod folder, so I cant Change the character graphics. Is there no fix for this Alpha Channel Problem? I also have an Nvidia card.

BentonGrey

They're all built-in, so you won't find herofiles.  If you have FFEdit installed you can switch out meshes very easily.  Simply put the mesh you want in the mod folder (art/library/characters), open up FFEdit, go to the 'Template' tab, and select the character you want to change.  Find the "Example Nif" box, point it to your newly chosen mesh.  If your mesh has a different skin name from the one listed, change that as well.

Now, if your new mesh has different keyframes (animations) than the old one, you'll need to do a bit more customization.  Put both of the meshes in question, the old and the new, in your main data/art/custom_characters folder, and then open Character Tool.  At the same time, go to the 'Characters' tab in FFEdit.  Look at the character you want to change.  See what powers he has listed.  Click on the 'Powers' tab, and look at each power in turn.  See which animations are chosen for each power, and look at the animations of the original mesh in Character Tool.  Find a similar animation in your new mesh, and change the entry for the power to reflect the new mesh's animation. 

So, for example, you might find that the original mesh uses melee_1 for his power "Super Punch."  That animation is a big, powerful looking punch.  You look at the new mesh, and you see that it has a big, powerful looking punch named melee_6.  You would change the animation entry of "Super Punch" from melee_1 to melee_6.  Do that for any powers that need adjustment.  Save everything you've changed. 

You are now done, and the mod will use the new mesh you assigned to that character, but otherwise everything should function normally. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

darabka

Thanks man, but I cant install ffedit on the steam version since the installation program doesnt recognizes it as installed. I use Windows 7 64 Bit and the Steam version of Freedom Force. I tried adding the registry as some people suggested it and followed the instructions, with no luck. I extracted the installer and got the files manually, was even able to run ffedit, but then could run the game (it would crash when I clicked danger room). Right now I dont see a solution sadly.

Neros Urameshi

In my honest opinion, someone should do a walkthrough of the Suicide Squad mod for YouTube.