News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

R.E.B.E.L.S

Started by DrMike2000, June 29, 2009, 06:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMike2000

Has anyone else picked this up?

I'd had my eye on it for a little while, and finally picked up issues 2-5 last week, and absolutely loved it.

I'm a huge Legion fan, but never got into L.E.G.I.O.N., so its kind of fresh and familiar all at once. We basically have Braniac 5's ancestor Vril Dox, who's, well, a lot less nice and twice as arrogant, gathering up a team to help him win back the benevolent dictatorship he was running at the start of issue 1. I think, thats the beauty of not having issue 1 yet. (In fact, it takes me right back to the first legion comics I read back in the early 80s, picked up as I could from newsagents.) Its good space opera fun, with plenty of nods to existing DC universe properties all the way through. If you get them, good for you, if you don't, the story can continue without it.

The art is by two different people (2-3 and then 4-5) but one of the most seamless transitions I've seen like that. A lovely clear line style with good facial expressions, not a million miles from Kevin Maguire of Justice League fame.

If you like the Legion, or like arrogant genius anti-heroes, or like DC Universe name and reference dropping, check this one out. It reads really well in one big gulp, here's hoping it can hold my interest as a monthly title.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

marhawkman

Is good! I wanna know what Brainy is gonna do with Tribulus. I kinda have to figure Trib won't stay a brainless monster indefinately.

lugaru

I hear really nice stuff about this comic as well. I really hope DC eventually puts out a digital service so I can read this, Secret Six, Jonah Hex and all the other great stuff at the margins of the DC universe.