News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

an imminent return

Started by Lord Elcorion, June 08, 2009, 02:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elcorion

hey folks. after an extended absence from the game ((and some short forays into the realms of WOW and Age of Conan)) the time is nearing when i will be making my return to Paragon city and the Rogue islands. i've been browseing the official sites to see what's new, and am extremly excited to see a lot of new funcionality in place. customizable weapons? awsome! how many options are we looking at per weapon, on average? 5? 10? 8000? i may have to resurrect one of my early test charecters, ment to be a dwarf warrior, as a shield/axe tanker. the super booster packs look awsome, Elcorion and a couple of my others could use the costume change emotes in that. stupid question. are the emotes only available to charecters whos background macthes the booster pack? (ie, only magic background charecters get to use the tarot power, science charecters are the only ones who can have the combat auras)) or can any charecter make use of these things once the pack is purchased? does anyone know if they have plans to make packs for the other background types, or what might possibly be included in such packs?
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/elcorionbattlearmor.gif[/img]"By the Lords of the Arcane!"[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/nanoElcorion.gif[/img]
thanks to everyone who've made me stuff, or included my avatar in something.

BlueBard

Hi!

I can give you a partial answer, and the more tuned in players can fill in any gaps.

The customizable weapons include: Broadsword, Katana, Dual Blade, Axe, Mace, Claws, Assault Rifle, Beam Rifle (for Robot Masterminds), Dual Pistols (for Thug Masterminds), and Shields.  Each category has about 6-8 variations excepting Shields which have a number of subcategories and variations within those.

You should be able to find something to keep your Dwarf Warrior happy.

The booster packs get enabled for all of your characters on the account, regardless of AT or Origin.  So yes, your Natural Illusionist can use the Magic Fortune power, all of the magic emotes, etc.  He can also Self Destruct with the Cyborg pack, and gets Mission Teleporter along with the Valkyrie costume pieces when you buy the add-on pack that's also part of the Mac version.

I would assume more boosters are planned, but no word on what might be in them to the best of my knowledge.

In other news, the "Going Rogue" expansion pack has been announced.  This will bring the long-awaited feature of converting heroes to villains and vice versa, along with expanded content around the Praetorians.  What else might be in it, we'll have to wait and see.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

MJB

I think BlueBard covered the bases pretty well. Welcome back btw.