News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help

Started by Dairuk, May 21, 2009, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dairuk

Hi guys, yesterday i bought  :ffvstr: and I was playing the campaign mode, before that I was looking for meshes and I have no idea where to put the meshes to play with them.

Thanks a lot.

Previsionary

I'm pretty sure this thread should be elsewhere, but read through this and see if it helps you in any way.
Disappear when you least expe--

Dairuk

Thanks for the help man, but that direction "-C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters" doesn't exist in my game folder, I created that folders and I put a tommyboy mesh in it, I played the game, and when I was trying to create a new Hero with the mesh, the game freezed...

Previsionary

Quote from: Dairuk on May 21, 2009, 07:02:05 PM
Thanks for the help man, but that direction "-C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters" doesn't exist in my game folder, I created that folders and I put a tommyboy mesh in it, I played the game, and when I was trying to create a new Hero with the mesh, the game freezed...

You should have glanced the whole passage. :P

QuoteFreedom Force vs. the Third Reich
-C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters

If you are your PC administrator (user name) may be 'owner'
(this path is usually hidden and to see you need to go to your pc's control panel and locate the 'folder options' menu and un-hide hidden folder and files. I suggest once locating this folder.. creating a short cut to your desk top... then go back and once more 'hide' the hidden folders and files)
OR
-C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters
(PLEASE READ THE GAMES DOCUMENTATION TO DETERMINE WHICH PATH YOU SHOULD USE)

Emphasis mine. The part I put in bold is the folder you might want to use. If the mesh is freezing/crashing the game, it may need to be converted. Info on that is at the same link or located on a thread somewhere on this board.
Disappear when you least expe--

Dairuk

Quote from: Previsionary on May 21, 2009, 07:21:38 PM
QuoteFreedom Force vs. the Third Reich
-C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters

If you are your PC administrator (user name) may be 'owner'
(this path is usually hidden and to see you need to go to your pc's control panel and locate the 'folder options' menu and un-hide hidden folder and files. I suggest once locating this folder.. creating a short cut to your desk top... then go back and once more 'hide' the hidden folders and files)
OR
-C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters
(PLEASE READ THE GAMES DOCUMENTATION TO DETERMINE WHICH PATH YOU SHOULD USE)

Emphasis mine. The part I put in bold is the folder you might want to use. If the mesh is freezing/crashing the game, it may need to be converted. Info on that is at the same link or located on a thread somewhere on this board.

Man, that folder in bold doesn't exist in my game, I had to create it. I will try converting meshes, thank you.

stumpy

The path in question is ordinarily hidden by Windows. This post in the Game FAQ may be helpful.

BTW, what version of Windows are you running? We have had issues before because Vista uses different paths than XP. That is, the right path for Vista (or maybe it was Vista 64 bit) may be different.

Also, though this hasn't popped up in a while, which distribution of the game are you running? For a while, there was a version or two (like the Digital Jesters version) that was packaged in a way that made adding content and mods a hassle.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Dairuk

I have the 0.0.0.1 Spanish version, and the Custom folder doesn't has hidden folders. And I use Windows XP.

stumpy

It's not the custom folder that has hidden folders in it. If you are installing meshes in the Documents and Settings path, the Windows folders themselves are hidden by default. In other words, when you go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your windows login name> you won't see the Local Settings folder. And, there are others hidden further down the line. So, did you change your folder view settings so that you can see all hidden folders?

If you are installing in the Custom folder under the base game folder, then the folder may not be hidden, though you may have to create it and the folders under it that Previsionary has mentioned earlier. From this earlier thread, here is an example of how folders are set up for mesh installation
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Dairuk

Well, I think unhide folders is the way, but, when I check "Show hidden files and folders" and I click apply and accept it doesn't happen when I watch if "Show hidden files and folders" is checket, it isn't checked, conclusion: I can't check "Show hidden files and folders"

GogglesPizanno

Personally I keep all my stuff within the custom folder of the Game Directory just so all my content is contained in the game folder and you dont have to worry about hidden folders etc...

I would try creating the missing directories in the custom folder and see if that works. i think it would be easier than trying to figure out the possible windows issues that are causing problems.

daglob

Quote from: Dairuk on May 22, 2009, 08:34:09 PM
Well, I think unhide folders is the way, but, when I check "Show hidden files and folders" and I click apply and accept it doesn't happen when I watch if "Show hidden files and folders" is checket, it isn't checked, conclusion: I can't check "Show hidden files and folders"

Maybe you don't have administrator's rights on your computer (Hey, it can happen).

Do you use the Tools from My Computer to set the system on Show Hidden Files and Folders, or something else?

Actually, the folders shouldn't be hidden anyway...

DoctorRuina

I have the spanish version and I put the meshes in FFVTTR/Custom/characters

GogglesPizanno

I don't think that path will will work.

All my meshes are located:
<game_directory>\Custom\Art\library\characters

Try creating those directories yourself.
1. So go to the custom folder, and create a new folder named "Art"
2. Then open that folder, and create a new folder named "library"
3. Finally move your existing character folder there and see if that works.

DoctorRuina

Sorry, you have reason, the path is FFVTTR/Custom/Art/library/characters

Okami

If bought from Steam, I believe the install path is different, and since you mentioned buying it yesterday, Im guessing that might be your problem.

Maybe someone who uses Steam might have more info.