News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

mesh WIP

Started by Johnny Patches, May 18, 2009, 01:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Patches

i been taken time off for personal reasons  :(
while i been gone im still tinkering around, but with max this time!! and with hopes to get as good as i got with nifskope here is a spiderman mesh im working on.. as you can see i still need to work on the mapping its a SOB but im self taught and alot of reading, i hope to release soon but no standard skin but im sure you can find a few out there..for now i have tommyboys mask on it but that will change.. i rather do my own just for learning

tommyboy

Nice. Very nice.
Yeah, mapping still kicks my posterior on humans. Took me an age to get mine even close to right, and they still aren't there.
You're getting there though, and the geometry looks pretty good.
The build is pretty much spot on.

Podmark

Looks cool, reminds me more of Ultimate Spider-Man or the Spectacular Spider-Man show version than the regular Spider-Man - not sure if that's what you were going for though.

Good to see you back, and we can always use more meshers!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

hmmm... this is definitely looking good so far, wish I'd had it when I did my Ultimate Spidey... a few critiques (and don't take these the wrong way, I really do love how it's coming out  :thumbup:)

-Spidey's pecs are waaaay too far out if you look at the side view.
-His hands almost look almost too small for me in comparison to the rest of the arms.
-The thighs... I dunno. To me he's got too much weight on the thighs.

docdelorean88

It Looks Great! I do however think a few things need to be scaled down a bit. Also, there is something wrong with the eyes from the side view. Looks great though. Very Spectacular Spider-Man esc. Great work.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

laughing paradox

Johnny, that looks so good! I hope you continue to create meshes and really work it out.

I also hope everything is going well in your life, man. I'm glad to see you're back.

Gremlin

Yeah, 'Mato covered the stuff I'd've mentioned. This looks stellar! Can't wait to see the rest, and welcome back!

docdelorean88

If you are in a Spec. spiderman kick, you might consider a few of the villains(green goblin).

AfghanAnt

JP! You are really coming along with your meshing. I really like the body shape and head size.

Johnny Patches

well im getting further in my quest for my very first mesh rigged 100% all fingers and joints work..
land from jump, flight, idle, 98% mapping complete!! animations 40% complete. envelopes 99% complete. what im going for is his teen look, . so so much to learn about this i hope to complete it soon and many more with different body shapes, faces, races
for  :ff: and  :ffvstr: test in FF1 and it works great so im sure it will ork for FF2 just fine

tommyboy

Looking really good.
Toes? You put TOES in there? Demn you Patches, now I'll have to put toes on all my meshes just to keep up! (kidding).
My one criticism is the outer thigh looks a little over-developed, especially given that you are going for a "teen" build.
Other than that, he looks great, so far.

Johnny Patches

yep toes for a younger subby ;) i have to add shoes but not enough time in a day, and thanks about the thighs i thought so too..just too lazy to correct it for now..lol

herodad1

glad your giving him leap animations.never liked the web line up/down movement.yeah,smaller thighs and he'll be dead on jp.dont know if this is possible but on his dodge animations maybe the spider sense lines could radiate around his head.just an idea buddy.also, as far as the personal stuff...hope every works.

BentonGrey

Wow!  Another mesher emerging!  This looks great JP, and I can't wait to see what else you've got in store. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cmdrkoenig67

He's looking very good, Johnny P.  The toes made me giggle a bit, when I first saw them.

Dana

deano_ue

i still think the chest is to rounded, too feminine

docdelorean88

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 02, 2009, 08:36:38 PM
i still think the chest is to rounded, too feminine
I just think the bevel between the sets of abs is to fine. I like the build i just think the bevel should be more level. Great work though! Original(meaning your own) Keyframes?

deano_ue

form the side angle i still thing the chest looks like 2 rounded spheres, sorry if people think i'm being harsh

docdelorean88

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 03, 2009, 05:02:52 PM
form the side angle i still thing the chest looks like 2 rounded spheres, sorry if people think i'm being harsh
I don't think your being harsh! You are right, i was just trying to point out a specific place. You hit the nail on the head though, there are just a few too many creases.

Spectre Lad

I really love the body shape. Your meshing skills have really taken off JP. I can't wait to see more.

Xenolith

Are you using a new version of Studio 3d max, or did you find an old one? 

docdelorean88

Totally forgot about this! How is it coming?

Johnny Patches

hitting max hard for the last few weeks, i didnt know we can show small video clips here.  a test of one of a few animations

detourne_me

Great work Johnny, He's so fluid!

Gremlin

I am so happy you're still working on this, JP. Haha. Looks good, although it looks a little choppy right before the kick to the shoulder blades.

Xenolith

Quote from: Xenolith on June 16, 2009, 05:16:02 PM
Are you using a new version of Studio 3d max, or did you find an old one? 
Ahem!  :)

Johnny Patches

most def.. max v5 with ff plugins

murs47

that was sweet as heck! :thumbup:

docdelorean88

WOW. Thats incredible!

Johnny Patches

;) and another flight2 :)