News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Welcome to the Cybernetic Arms Apartments

Started by Glitch Girl, May 05, 2009, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkhohoho

He asked for it.

"You see, once upon a time, in a magical land known as the North Pole, where it was usually downright frigid, there was a gigantic workshop invisible to the average eye that still stands today. In this workshop, a jolly old soul, St.Nick himself, created toys with the help of his beloved elves, and on Christmas day, gave them to all the little girls and boys whom's names hadn't been slapped onto his naughty list. However, some of the elves had no life, and in their spare time, invented new, experimental 'toys'. One such device was meant to harness the power of laughter and create an energy source that could power Santa's sleigh for all eternity. Santa volunteered to be the first to put his laughter to the test, and the elf that designed the device agreed, seeing as how Santa's laugh was, and still is, one of the best in the world. However, the elf accidentally spilled some coffee on it during a late night's work, so that when the device was used, a different effect occurred. A being that looked just like Santa came into existence, that had great power. (And no great responsibility.) At first though, this Santa look-alike was someone you downright wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Now, this is the abridged version, so...a bunch of stuff happened, he became a much better person in the midst of all of those going-ons, and he ended up here, talking to a blue man leading a Santa look-alike to a room. You get my drift?"

By time this story was finished, the two had made it to the room.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Alaric

The man behind the register looked at Al. "Having a party?"

"Something like that," Al responded as he picked up the shopping bag.

Let's see... Two bags of peanut butter cups, a bag of chocolate kisses, and two bite-sized mixes... Not sure whatwould be most effective, but hopefully that will cover it, somewhere...

He headed back toward the building.

Quote from: The Hitman on May 12, 2009, 02:21:06 PM

"Da, that is the planningk I vas having on this day as vell."

The supervillian of syllables tuned to see a mammoth of a man, possibly Russian, wearing what looked to be a bright red bodysuit, made to replicate fish scales. A helmet sporting a dorsal fin adorned his head. He also had a very lagre, unkempt beard.

"For I am De RED HERRINGK!!! And the owners of dis, what you people say... establishment, vill rue de day that they refuesd to accept my apartment contract based on my list of certified references!!"

The Crimson Consonant glared at the fish-dressed interloper. "This over-wordy vengeance monologue is MINE!", he exclaimed, posing dramatically. "You think YOUR puny angry overreactions can match MINE, Mr... uh, Herringk, was it? We'll see if you still feel that way once you have faced the sheer, tedious terror that is... my origin story!!!!!!

"Once, I was but a faceless bureaucrat, toiling away within the layers of red tape which cushion the unsuspecting world from the small-minded forces that truly rule. I was good at my job- very good. I had personally quadrupled the time it would take any would-be driver to get a license. I had added three new forms to all insurance claims. I had originated a new meaningless, wasteful process so complex that it is still spoken of in hushed tones by those who were my superiors. But I longed for more. I longed for recognition, for some advantage to myself out of all my skill. And, the utter tedium, the banality of my life was weighing heavily upon me.

"Well do I remember that fateful meeting- I found my eyes blurring, unfocusing as I strained to hear the words. I couldn't concentrate. My eyes fell randomly upon the red, glaring "No Smoking" sign overhead- I absently stared at the letter "K", lit by red light, and in that hypnotic glow my thoughts began to coalesce. Surely, bureaucracy had undrempt of potential, as the cause for so many of mankind's ills. No force could stand against it, properly harnessed. Why should I not attempt to use it to achieve power- power and recognition?

"But not as my old self. I had been a faceless, forgettable bureaucrat- I could barely remember my own name, it was so forgettable. No- with that blazing, red "K" shining in my eyes, I began to develop a new identity for myself- one worthy of my evil talents. And thus- the Crimson Consonant was born!"
Fear the "A"!!!

Gremlin

kkhohoho

Meanwhile, a fat man in a red suit was riding in a flying sleigh, guided by eight reindeer. The console in the sleigh read "Destination: Abamdoned Warehouse District". There was an awful lot of fire-power stored in the back...

vamp

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 12, 2009, 02:04:39 PM
"That's... that's good.  My name's Lauren."

They call me Glitch Girl with good reason, you poor sap, she added mentally.

The door dinged.

"My stop," said Lauren.  "Nice talking too you," she added as she stepped out into the hall.  "Might want to get that hand looked at."

"Nice talking to you too", he said. "My names....." He went quiet and let the doors close in front of him.

PreRaphaelite

Walking back through the lobby, Murray glanced a sign reading 'Back in 15 minutes!' sitting comfortably on the reception desk. He was feeling a substantial amount better since he took in some fresh air, and was especially glad that the once-popular area was now so empty. 

Making his way to the elevator, Murray reached for the button but withdrew sharply before even touching the surface.

Maybe it would be best to stretch out the joints a little... and probably avoid elevators for a while. How embarrassing.
Then again... 7 floors was it?

He started walking, and regretted his decision almost immediately.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: vamp on May 13, 2009, 09:19:34 PM
Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 12, 2009, 02:04:39 PM
"That's... that's good.  My name's Lauren."

The door dinged.

"My stop," said Lauren.  "Nice talking too you," she added as she stepped out into the hall.  "Might want to get that hand looked at."

"Nice talking to you too", he said. "My names....." He went quiet and let the doors close in front of him.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

But the doors had already closed.

"Oh well, guess I'll get it later," she shrugged and with that, took the cat carrier and it's unhappy occupant to their new home.

The black and white cat cautiously emerged from her boxy confines and sniffed around.  The tail swished back and forth a few times as she studied the new environs, which happened to be the bathroom.  She crept over to the bowl of food Lauren had just set down, sniffed at it disdainfully and stalked over to her bed, curled up, and glared.

"Well, excuse me, Miss Picky,"  said Lauren, " but that's all there is.  Now the movers should be here soon, and as soon as they're gone, you can check out the rest.  But this is going to be a whole lot quieter than the last place.  At least I hope-."

A loud "BOOM" from somewhere outside the apartment shook the floor.

"-so.  Ah crud, now what?"

(sidenote: no I have no plans for the boom.  Go to town folks)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: Gremlin on May 13, 2009, 07:11:42 AM
Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 13, 2009, 03:18:19 AM
Quote from: Gremlin on May 12, 2009, 11:44:35 PM
Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 12, 2009, 06:41:06 PMFor just a single instant he very seriously considers crying. He looks down at his watch and presses a few buttons. The phone at the front desk of Cybernetic Arms begins to ring.

Liam answers. "Cybernetic Arms Apartments, this is Liam speaking, how can I help you?"

"This is Grizz, you know big fuzzy loveable? Anyways I'm on the roof with my stuff I got it dropped off, and well the doors up here are all locked. Can I have someone come up here and let me in? Also there a freight or service elevator up here or only the regular one, I got quite a bit of stuff to take down and having a larger elevator'd be nice if not that's fine. One last thing while I have you on the line, is there a parking garage for this building specifically? Need a place to put my bike if not I'll just keep it in my room."

"...ok. Um. You're not allowed on the roof. That's in the contract, that you're not going to be in the off-limits areas. I'll...well, I'll come get you. Hold on."

Liam sets a "Back in 15 minutes!" sign on the front desk and jogs up the eight flights of stairs to the roof, keys jingling. Finally, panting, he undoes the door to the roof.

"Now, let's see your...stuff." He glances at the large pile. "...huh. Well. I can get Vinnie to teleport that, I think. And we do have a parking garage. Renting a parking space is an additional fee...er. We'll get this sorted out soon."

"Alrighty we'll work out all the fees and stuff later. Vinnie is a pretty handy fellow, he is the blue guy right?"

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 14, 2009, 01:13:15 AM

"What was that?"

Gremlin

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 14, 2009, 05:50:42 AM

"Alrighty we'll work out all the fees and stuff later. Vinnie is a pretty handy fellow, he is the blue guy right?"

"What was that?"

Liam ran over to the edge of the roof and looked down. There, on the street below, was a black orb with a large wick sticking out of the sides, and for some reason, arms, legs and a head. He held a large burlap sack at his side and pulled out a smaller orb. A zippo lighter and the wick was on. The orb hurled it against the side of the building, cackling insanely.

"...what."

PreRaphaelite

"Phew!"
Murray wiped his brow as he took another step closer to the seventh floor. Though physically he was not in bad shape, he was definitely tired from the events of the day.
Just three more steps to go.

"What in...?"

Mid-step, Murray turned around wildly to see what had made the noise. The floor shook, and being balanced on the ball of his foot, he lost balance and, quickly grabbing the banister, sank to the floor.

The Hitman

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 13, 2009, 02:02:38 PM
He asked for it.

"You see, once upon a time, in a magical land known as the North Pole, where it was usually downright frigid, there was a gigantic workshop invisible to the average eye that still stands today. In this workshop, a jolly old soul, St.Nick himself, created toys with the help of his beloved elves, and on Christmas day, gave them to all the little girls and boys whom's names hadn't been slapped onto his naughty list. However, some of the elves had no life, and in their spare time, invented new, experimental "toys". One such device was meant to harness the power of laughter and create an energy source that could power Santa's sleigh for all eternity. Santa volunteered to be the first to put his laughter to the test, and the elf that designed the device agreed, seeing as how Santa's laugh was, and still is, one of the best in the world. However, the elf accidentally spilled some coffee on it during a late night's work, so that when the device was used, a different effect occurred. A being that looked just like Santa came into existence, that had great power. (And no great responsibility.) At first though, this Santa look-alike was someone you downright wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Now, this is the abridged version, so a bunch of stuff happened, he became a much better person in the midst of all of those going-ons, and he ended up here, talking to a blue man leading a Santa look-alike to a room. You get my drift?"

By time this story was finished, the two had made it to the room.

The blue one thought hard for a moment.

"... So, I'm not getting an Action Jackson deluxe action figure with kung- fu grip for Christmas, then?"

Of course, Vinnie was well aware that the jolly fat man was not Santa, but then, Vinnie always liked 'playing dumb.' He felt it gave him an advantage in certain situations.

And it was fun as all get out.

"Well, here's you room, Not- Santy. Uhh..."

He shuffled around his pockets for a minute, then produced a crumpled up piece of paper, and began reading it.

"ThankyouforchoosingtheCyberneticArmsApartmentsMynameisVinnieIfthereisanysituationthatwouldrequiremyassistancepleasedonothesitatetoaskJustcallthefrontdesk-"

*GASP*

"Hmmm... I hope that's not one of mine."

The be-Hawaiian shirted man deftly reached back into his pockets, this time pulling an impressive- looking futuristic blaster, with the words 'Lil' Zappy' engraved on the hilt.

"This looks like a job for... well, for a guy like me, and possibly a few other folks!! You comin', Pere Noel?"

(I may not be on again until late tomorrow, so if anyone need my guy to do anything to progress the story, go ahead and write it! No worries!)

Alaric

Al was walking back toward the building, clutching a shopping bag, when he heard the exlosion- or, rather, when it nearly knocked him off his feet.

That wasn't just some truck or something...

Without a moment's hesitation, his practiced eye glanced around quickly, finding a likely safe spot to change and hide his outer clothing. This looked- er, sounded- like a job for...
Fear the "A"!!!

vamp

The lights in the elevator flickered as a large boom shook the building.

What is going on out there? Don't tell me it is that bear-man again. No, that shockwave was way too big for even him to cause.

Vamp listened intently, using his enhanced hearing as his eyes outside. He heard a strange laughter from the street outside the building. He quickly lifted a panel revealing a retina scanner. The elevator went black as a large light scanned Vamp's eyes.

"Welcome Vamp. Please enter your storage code." A small keypad jaunted out of the wall. After he finished typing a series of numbers, the elevator began to move again. Unlike normal however, its was moving in a horizontal path. The ding notified Vamp that the elevator had come to a halt. Its doors opened revealing a small closet that contained a brown costume.

I've been in a bad mood all day. Lets hope this guy can fight.

kkhohoho

Quote from: The Hitman on May 14, 2009, 10:46:55 PM

The blue one thought hard for a moment.

"... So, I'm not getting an Action Jackson deluxe action figure with kung- fu grip for Christmas, then?"

Of course, Vinnie was well aware that the jolly fat man was not Santa, but then, Vinnie always liked 'playing dumb.' He felt it gave him an advantage in certain situations.

And it was fun as all get out.

"Well, here's you room, Not- Santy. Uhh..."

He shuffled around his pockets for a minute, then produced a crumpled up piece of paper, and began reading it.

"ThankyouforchoosingtheCyberneticArmsApartmentsMynameisVinnieIfthereisanysituationthatwouldrequiremyassistancepleasedonothesitatetoaskJustcallthefrontdesk-"

*GASP*

"Hmmm... I hope that's not one of mine."

The be-Hawaiian shirted man deftly reached back into his pockets, this time pulling an impressive- looking futuristic blaster, with the words 'Lil' Zappy' engraved on the hilt.

"This looks like a job for... well, for a guy like me, and possibly a few other folks!! You comin', Pere Noel?"

(I may not be on again until late tomorrow, so if anyone need my guy to do anything to progress the story, go ahead and write it! No worries!)

It seemed that the situation had gotten even stranger. It might be time to once again bring out the dukes. "Of course I'm coming! Nothing better to do anyway."

"Then let's go, Santy-dupe!"

He was getting rather tired of the nicknames. "Fine by me, Stretch!"

They headed down to the lobby.

Glitch Girl

"Stay put Kitty," said Lauren as she closed the bathroom door and headed for the window.  Looking out she didn't see anything at first until

WHA-BOOM!

There was another explosion directly below her.  Something was hurling bombs at the front entrance and that something looked like a large version of a cartoon bomb, one of those round black ones with the hissing fuse, except this one had limbs.    

"You have GOT to be kidding me."

She sighed.  "All right, let's go see what we're dealing with."

Lauren headed for the door, but paused by the box marked "Stuff" again.  She peered at a leather jacket and mask that was near the top of the contents within, shook her head and muttered "Maybe later" before exiting the apartment, locking it behind her, and made a b-line for the stairs.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Alaric

"Cease your destructive rampage of rampaging destruction, evil explosive device! You are no match for the vowelish might of... the Verdant Vowel!"

The living bomb turned at the sudden, dramatic voice. A costumed figure with the green "A" on his chest stood in an exaggerated heroic pose, away from the building. His voice, pose, and expression exuded confidence to a ridiculous degree.

Maybe I can bluff him, or at least get him to throw those bombs somewhere where innocent bystanders are less likely to be hurt..., were his far-less-than-confident thoughts...
Fear the "A"!!!

GrizzlyBearTalon

Grizz walked over the ledge of the building, the layed down and pulled himself over the edge to get a good view of what going on below.

"Woah, that is certainly different... reminds me of a Megaman villain, wait didn't he seriously fight Bomb-man?"

He continues to watch, This is just wild, there's a bunch of other folks around; I think I will just watch for a bit before getting involved. It'd also be fun to see what these other supery types in this place are capable of. He settles himself down comfortably and notices a familiar figure heading toward the Bomb thing.

Quote from: Alaric on May 15, 2009, 03:14:24 AM
"Cease your destructive rampage of rampaging destruction, evil explosive device! You are no match for the vowelish might of... the Verdant Vowel!"

The living bomb turned at the sudden, dramatic voice. A costumed figure with the green "A" on his chest stood in an exaggerated heroic pose, away from the building. His voice, pose, and expression exuded confidence to a ridiculous degree.

"Asking him to stop... classic... man I can't believe even he just said... no wait I take that back..."

Hrmm... I should probably help not sure what Verdant Vowel can do against a giant bomb. You can't really punch it, wait... what can I do against a giant bomb? Punch it even harder? I think I'll just keep watching then, well until things get really bad at least.

kkhohoho

The two of them got down into the lobby, to see a rather interesting site.

"There's Verdant Vowel. I've heard of him before, but I've never actually met him in person. I don't presume you have?"

"Beats me!"

He couldn't tell if he was playing dumb again or actually being serious, and just raised his right eyebrow. "I think out of the corner of my eye I can see--behind Verdant...Sweet Christmas!"

There was was a walking bomb with stringy limbs that looked like something out of Megaman. Seemed to be more from Megaman Battle Network then the regular franchise.

"Let's just wait for a bit, Mister..."

"Vinnie!"

"Let's just wait for a bit, Vinnie. If Verdant Vowel needs help, or does hardly anything, then we'll move out."

The Hitman

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 16, 2009, 01:32:33 PM
"Let's just wait for a bit, Vinnie. If Verdant Vowel needs help, or does hardly anything, then we'll move out."

"Nuts to that! I smell a 'World- Class Team- Up' on the horizon. Cover me, Santaman!"

And with that, the stallward loon lifted into the air, and brandished his blaster again.

"Oh, and when I'm on the job, call me The Hitman. Sounds cooler! Let's do this like Brutus!"

The Hitman launches himself at the biomechanical bomb- blasting behemoth... at a suprisingly slow pace.

Note to self, need to get Anti- Gravity Socks tuned up

Vinnie pulls the trigger, releasing a energy beam purplish- blue in hue. As he soes this, he makes sound effects with his voice, for added dramatic effect.

"BUZZ! BUZZ! POW! ZAP! KABLOOSH! SHAZAM! KRAKKADOOM!!!"

However, the blast didn't seem to phase the machine one bit.

"Hmm... so no on the 'Cosmic Rays' then. OK, I'll try something else in a minute. Anyone have an idea in the mean time?"

vamp

He covered his eyes as he walked out into street wearing his all brown costume. The shadow casted by his hands showed his glowing eyes. His eyes were different this time though. they had trace of anger or gloom to them, they were as cold as death.

"Yeah, I have a few ideas, but most of them shouldn't be done with some many women and children around. So I guess for this, I could use some help. I'll go left, you go right. At his size and in such a small area, he has nowhere to run."

He slowly looked over at the bomb shaped man.

"Your little show has caught my attention and moved me to action. Because you have drawn me out from the shadows, your defeat is assured. COME!"

Running towards the man, Vamp quickly took to the roofs in order to avoid the explosives being thrown. He had the power to back up his words, but was he willing to use it?

I sure hope Hitman does something. This won't end well with out some support

Gremlin

Liam watched from the roof, horrified at the...roundish bomb thing. The two superheroes running towards it didn't help matters, either.

Good Lord...is that Vamp? Why does he even NEED a costume?

OOC: Bomb guy isn't mine. I have no clue who he is or what he's doing. You wanna control him go nuts.

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: vamp on May 18, 2009, 03:15:04 AM
"Your little show has caught my attention and moved me to action. Because you have drawn me out from the shadows, your defeat is assured. COME!"

"Haha! Wow, was manbat actually womanbat and sire offspring with Verdant Vowel?"

Grizz is very much enjoying the show so far. He is very glad he has decided to sit this one out if possible. An idea comes to him though.

"Hey Liam I got some food in one of these crates? Want me to grab a couple chairs & snacks so we enjoy all this?"

Grizz thinks for a second, then decided maybe he should lighten the mood a bit while he is at it.

"Hey it could be worse man, I could be down there too! Hrmm... I think I just insulted myself.... meh... so beer or soda?"

Grizz heads over to one of the crates opens it and begins rummaging inside for a couple of VERY heavy duty portable chairs he has, along with any snacks that Liam may want. If Liam doesn't want anything he'll just get a couple chairs and snacks for himself.

Alaric

Quote from: Alaric on May 15, 2009, 03:14:24 AM

The bomb's eyes narrowed as he withdrew another bomb and prepared to hurl it at the green-lettered guardian.

Quote from: The Hitman on May 16, 2009, 04:42:49 PM
The Hitman launches himself at the biomechanical bomb- blasting behemoth... at a suprisingly slow pace.

Note to self, need to get Anti- Gravity Socks tuned up

Vinnie pulls the trigger, releasing a energy beam purplish- blue in hue. As he soes this, he makes sound effects with his voice, for added dramatic effect.

"BUZZ! BUZZ! POW! ZAP! KABLOOSH! SHAZAM! KRAKKADOOM!!!"

However, the blast didn't seem to phase the machine one bit.

"Hmm... so no on the 'Cosmic Rays' then. OK, I'll try something else in a minute. Anyone have an idea in the mean time?"

The bomb seemed startled at the new attack, harmless as it was.

He covered his eyes as he walked out into street wearing his all brown costume. The shadow casted by his hands showed his glowing eyes. His eyes were different this time though. they had trace of anger or gloom to them, they were as cold as death.

"Yeah, I have a few ideas, but most of them shouldn't be done with some many women and children around. So I guess for this, I could use some help. I'll go left, you go right. At his size and in such a small area, he has nowhere to run."

He slowly looked over at the bomb shaped man.

Running towards the man, Vamp quickly took to the roofs in order to avoid the explosives being thrown. He had the power to back up his words, but was he willing to use it?

The bomb looked quickly at the three figures closing on him, seeming momentarily confused. He looked down at his hands. Then, an evilly-crafty look came across his features. Laughing, he suddenly pulled out two more bombs, in addition to the one he already held, and with a single motion, using both hands, attempted to hurl a bomb at each of the three simultaneously.

The Vowel ducked quickly. Fortunately, the bomb wasn't able to get much accuracy with his attempted three-way throw; the emerald alliterator saw the bomb which had been hurled in his direction explode harmlessly in the air.

Thinking quickly, he struck another heroic pose and said, "Hah! Your diabolical device couldn't penetrate my verdant force-field!"
Fear the "A"!!!

kkhohoho

After the three bombs had been thrown, it closed it's eyes and cackled with glee--only to open them again, and look down at what seemed to be two black mitts grabbing it's side. It then looked right in front of it's self, and saw a big face with a white beard. The face then smirked. "Sorry, but the blue guy's failure to zap your black mass forced my hand, or should I say, hands?" He then proceeded to chuck the bomb straight-up into the air at great speed. "ALL RIGHT PEOPLE! IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, LAUGH! TRUST ME ON THIS!" After spouting that proclamation, he unleashed a large beam of purple-ish energy at the bomb-thing, straight from his open mouth. Oddly enough,a sound of devilishly distorted Santa-ish laughter came from the beam.

OOC: You people decide what happens after this.

Gremlin

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 18, 2009, 04:28:00 AMAfter spouting that proclamation, he unleashed a large beam of purple-ish energy at the bomb-thing, straight from his open mouth. Oddly enough,a sound of devilishly distorted Santa-ish laughter came from the beam.

Liam stared at the Santa-man with wide eyes as his terrifying laughter made certain he wouldn't be sleeping that evening...

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 18, 2009, 04:28:00 AM
After the three bombs had been thrown, it closed it's eyes and cackled with glee--only to open them again, and look down at what seemed to be two black mitts grabbing it's side. It then looked right in front of it's self, and saw a big face with a white beard. The face then smirked. "Sorry, but the blue guy's failure to zap your black mass forced my hand, or should I say, hands?" He then proceeded to chuck the bomb straight-up into the air at great speed. "ALL RIGHT PEOPLE! IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, LAUGH! TRUST ME ON THIS!" After spouting that proclamation, he unleashed a large beam of purple-ish energy at the bomb-thing, straight from his open mouth. Oddly enough,a sound of devilishly distorted Santa-ish laughter came from the beam.

OOC: Hope no-one minds if I give this bit a whirl.

Again startled beyond belief, the bomb found himself in mid-air as a large beam of purplish-energy emitting a hideous noise flew in his direction. Pulling his head and limbs into his body in a tortoise-like gesture, he seemed to be trying to spin in the sky...

The beam suddenly hit, but with the result being that the creature ricocheted in an awol direction, his rotund body now a cannon-ball as it span haphazardly into the side of a nearby building. Amongst the debris, a slow, hacking cackle could be heard.

However, whilst some of the heroes watched the smoke settle, others saw that the beam itself had not been completely ineffective... the burlap sack had been severed from the bomb-barded villain, causing several explosive devices to begin raining down from the sky...

The Hitman

"Oooh! This is too cool!"

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on May 18, 2009, 08:48:40 AM
... causing several explosive devices to begin raining down from the sky... [/color]

"Hmmm... what to do, what to do..."

*POP* *POP* *POP* *POP*

The Hitman suddenly reappeared on the ground, holding all of the previously- mentioned bombs.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb," Vinnie said in a particularly poor Adam West- esque voice.

He then stuffs them into his pants pockets, seemingly disappearing.

"Heh heh... these'll come in handy later!"

The Azure Avenger then leisurely walks up to the rest of the group.

"So guys, what's up?"

As he said this, the bombing behemoth crept from the corner of the building, spinning at a ludicris speed.

"Uhhh, Vamp? Remember that thing you said-

- proabably a good time for it. And don't forget to laugh! Santaman needs it."

Vinnie starts *POP*ing around erratically, releasing blasts of various energy, laughing manically along the way.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

kkhohoho

Quote from: The Hitman on May 18, 2009, 12:01:43 PM

Vinnie starts *POP*ing around erratically, releasing blasts of various energy, laughing manically along the way.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

Oh dear. It seemed that Vinnie had misinerpreted the message. He then went up to him and turned him around.

"Vin--Hitman, no offense, but you're acting like a, well, like an insane madman. By 'if something goes wrong', I meant if I got hurt or something. Laughing restores my energy." He then thought that he should remedy his proclamation. "CHANGE OF PLAN! ONLY LAUGH IF AND WHEN I GET HURT! DON'T WANT PSYCHOPATHS ON THE STREET NOW, DO WE?!"

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 05:22:33 AM
Quote from: kkhohoho on May 18, 2009, 04:28:00 AMAfter spouting that proclamation, he unleashed a large beam of purple-ish energy at the bomb-thing, straight from his open mouth. Oddly enough,a sound of devilishly distorted Santa-ish laughter came from the beam.

Liam stared at the Santa-man with wide eyes as his terrifying laughter made certain he wouldn't be sleeping that evening...

"More for me then..."

He returns to the ledge with one massive fold up chair of some sort and another regular one. The massive chair is made of some strange metal and has a cupholder! Grizz places one chair near Liam and takes his seat near the edge with the other chair. The sounds of  several bags of food being opened can be heard as Grizz opens several at once with a quick snap of his maw. He then proceeds to open several cans of beer with a single claw poking into the top. He continues watching the madness as he begins snacking.

"Yu smur yu don wanf non?"

He asks with a mouthful of various pork rinds, chips, and other delicacies.

vamp

Quote from: The Hitman on May 18, 2009, 12:01:43 PM

"Uhhh, Vamp? Remember that thing you said-

Vamp nodded quickly. He began yelling towards the human bomb.

"I think it is time you stop playing with toys."

The spinning behemoth would be near impossible to stop by brute force alone, but Vamp had an idea.

I got one shot, and one shot only. This is it.

Vamp ran directly towards the bomb man, adjusting something on his wrist all the while. As he finally came with in distance of the man, and ear shattering screech could be heard. A crater was formed in front of the man, causing him to spin out of control inside of it.

At the same second Vamp shot the sound blast, he also used the force to shoot him into the sky.

"This is it for you!"

He fell quickly towards the man, one hand drawn back and the other open. Milliseconds before impact, Vamp unleashed yet another screech, only centimeters away from the man. His other fist came down hard on the metallic surface.

The cracking of the metal echoed through neighborhood. The mans face was now showing. He looked angry.

"I told you to stop playing with to-"

Vamp fell to his knees in pain. His left arm was almost destroyed in that combo, and to make matters worse, his suit was malfunction from the feedback of the blast. Blood flowed from where bone had pierced skin, creating a pool of blood where it limply lay.

A smirk rose on the man's face. "Toys? How will it feel to be killed by these TOYS!?

A bundle of explosives were tossed at the injured Vamp.

Damn

(I will let ya'll decide what happens next  ;))