'Golden Girls' star Bea Arthur dies at 86 - RIP

Started by thalaw2, April 26, 2009, 01:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

I loves me some Golden Girls...I don't know why.  It was the one show my ex and I could always agree on.  Even in re-runs. 

QuoteLOS ANGELES – Beatrice Arthur, the tall, deep-voiced actress who considered herself lucky to be discovered by television executives after a long stage career that included a Tony award for the musical "Mame," died Saturday at age 86.

The star of the TV shows "Maude" and "The Golden Girls" died peacefully at her Los Angeles home with her family at her side, family spokesman Dan Watt said. She had cancer, he said, but declined to give details.
Full Story
革命不会被电视转播

gengoro

RIP.  Used to watch it with my mom when I was little.

Thank you for being a friend.

ubergreendragon

I always enjoyed her voice cameo on Futurama as the mighty fem-puter on the amazon planet.

docdelorean88

a great actress has been lost. I also loved golden girls, and when reruns are on i also liked maud. RIP.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

The Hitman

This is a real shame. She was one of the greats. I've been bent out of shape about this all weekend. Goodbye, Maude.

GogglesPizanno

I used to love her on the Comedy Central Roasts.
A certain joke about her and one of her body parts (that can't be repeated on this board) became one of the funniest long running jokes on those roasts -- and she was always right there laughing along with it.