Sarah Connor Chronicles

Started by Sevenforce, April 16, 2009, 09:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevenforce

Archived Thread

Uh, wow, no comments since 2008, huh? Has this flown past everyone else, or has there just been no new thoughts on this?

With Dollhouse and Sarah Connor Chronicles facing (possible) cancellation, does anyone else think that losing these would actually be bad? Because, with recent episodes and the directing behind them, I'd miss these, especially T:SCC. I mean, that's one hell of a cliffhanger to finish on, and it would be a shame not to have it completed. I'd be quite happy to have just one more season, just to tie up loose ends. And Dollhouse has REALLY picked up recently, but I think maybe Fox has it in for Joss Whedon or something <_<
I so need booze -_-

steamteck

I haven't liked most of the Sarah Connor episodes as much this season but the characterization and subplots have been terrific. They've got me really invested in characters what's going on even if some of the episodes were downright annoying. I really dislike killing off so many interesting characters that still had so much potential. Especially in one particular case very ignominiously IMO. 

Spoiler
I can't believe they killed Derek like they did. Really torques me off even if we do see future him.

That being said. It is one of only three shows I bother to keep up with. If I had to choose between continuing the series or having the new movie , I'd choose the series.

Maybe we'll see the John Connor chronicles one day?

Dollhouse on the other hand, just  holds no interest for me. Never clicked with me. I gave up on it pretty quickly.

Silver Shocker

I don't mind SCC, the series really picked up in recent episodes and the finale was quite good. Dollhouse, well, it did seem to pick up in recent episodes but I just don't find the show very interesting. Definitely not on par with Whedon's previous work.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

I've enjoyed both seasons of SCC.  I was upset when i heard Knight Rider was canceled and now this....both these shows have really tight stories that flow with some consistency...why is Heroes so popular?  If it were canceled I wouldn't miss it too much.  I think I will just stop watching TV for a while....except for Spectacular Spider-Man and WWE.
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotewhy is Heroes so popular?

It isn't, but all of television right now is dragging, and it is managing to attract an important demographic.

Except for a few at the top, TV in general just isn't doing all that well, leading to a lot of shows getting canceled that would have made it five years ago.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.