News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

windblown's skins - Dr. Reyes

Started by windblown, December 19, 2013, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 17, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
I might add some highlighting to the bottom of the armpit wings and maybe something on the w emblem to make it pop out, maybe.  Just a possibility because you know what you really want the skin to look like.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll play with those ideas.

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 17, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
Is that face one that's....we used to call it "baked" but I think it's called something else now...via Blender/ZBrush/Max?  I know with some work you can create fleshed out skin work in the programs somehow - def know you can make top notch normal maps and such through them programs.  I'm pretty sure that was how Valander made his base skin years ago...just asking cause I might want to study the work a bit to learn and would give me an idea for potentially recreation of certain section I like/might consider employing in my own style...

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking here. The head was imported with Blender, then, I sculpted it a bit in Blender too and then I reskinned it with Photoshop. Not sure if I'm answering your question, but I can send you a couple of files if you want to take a look of the head.

New preview:
Last year, I had previewed some X-characters in the skoping thread, but I lost some files because of a computer crash. I redid some of them. Here is an improved version of... Lorelei Travis, the x-character that probably no one was asking for: :D

Lorelei was one of the 198 mutants left after M-day and she has prehensile hair:

Spoiler

(Still working on the keyframes)

spydermann93

oh lordy, a character with moving hair? :o :blink:

That's great! Can't wait to see more!

Deaths Jester

Sorry about the confusion there, wb...ancient skinner/3d stuff lingo makes it's appearance again. Wouldn't mind seeing those files though, if you don't mind. You still got my regular email address? If not, drop me a pm.

Edit: mainly so i can study your face work. Just want to make it clear, am not implying anything but interest in how you made such a nice face and if i can maybe learn something from it. Always trying to learn ways to improve my art and all.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

windblown

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 24, 2021, 12:32:26 AM
Sorry about the confusion there, wb...ancient skinner/3d stuff lingo makes it's appearance again. Wouldn't mind seeing those files though, if you don't mind. You still got my regular email address? If not, drop me a pm.

Edit: mainly so i can study your face work. Just want to make it clear, am not implying anything but interest in how you made such a nice face and if i can maybe learn something from it. Always trying to learn ways to improve my art and all.

I think so, I've just sent you the files to the email address that I had. Let me know if you don't get them!

Podmark

Great job on Lorelai! That's some cool stuff happening with the hair.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

Quote from: windblown on September 26, 2021, 09:42:30 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 24, 2021, 12:32:26 AM

I think so, I've just sent you the files to the email address that I had. Let me know if you don't get them!

Got them with no problem, mate! Thanks a ton for letting me take a look and study what you did! Hopefully, i can pick something up from them that will push my style closer to realism - which is what i have been slowly pushing for over the years - and further from the animated look.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

windblown

I had a new computer crash and I lost some files (Lorelei keyframes for example) :doh:

I have a new computer now and I'm trying to get back to FF. I still have a couple of characters that I hadn't previewed before the crash and were saved from it.

First one: Cecilia Reyes:

Randomdays

Glad you're back.

Like almost everything I've seen you do, excellent work.

I wonder how much work over the years has been lost to crashes? I try to back up everything onto cds and sd cards, but I've still lost things, and I've seen more than once that other members have lost work as well.

I'm glad that Ewzzy stepped in recently to help identify and preserve some of the older work, and that Daglob was doing the same before we lost him, and we have Wyldfyre's site as well.

Looking forward to seeing your work bring hosted at Heroforce.

BentonGrey

Wow, I missed a lot of cool stuff!  Are you thinking of using your animated hair-skope for a Medusa eventually?  That seems a perfect fit.

I love your avatar; beautiful skin and skope!  The work on the face and the texture work for the costume are great!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

naitvalis

always nice to see new things from you  Wb, you are basically at a professional level now  :cool:.

windblown

Thanks!

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 17, 2021, 03:43:55 AM
Wow, I missed a lot of cool stuff!  Are you thinking of using your animated hair-skope for a Medusa eventually?  That seems a perfect fit.

I love your avatar; beautiful skin and skope!  The work on the face and the texture work for the costume are great!

Crystal is the only inhuman that I like, so Medusa is not in my plans, but when Lorelei is released, it should be easy to skin her for a skinner. Lorelei hair is weaker than Medusa's though, so maybe she´ll need more animations.