WCA: All This and World War II - Discussion Thread

Started by Torch, April 17, 2009, 10:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Hello.  This thread is for the discussion of non-bug related issues of the mod WCA: All This and World War II

If you would like to discuss bug-related issues, please use THIS thread.
If you would like to download the mod, please use THIS thread.

Constructive criticism is encouraged as I believe my future mods can be made better from community feedback.  What did you like?
What didn't you like?  Was there anything tedious for you?  Was the mod fun?

Thank you if you download and try my mod.  I hope you enjoy it!

USAgent

Awsome! I am downloading right now, and believe it or not I actually have "All this and World war II" RPG module sitting next to my favorite reading spot right now! (you can guess where my favorite reading spot may be).

Torch

Quote from: USAgent on April 17, 2009, 11:01:14 PM
Awsome! I am downloading right now, and believe it or not I actually have "All this and World war II" RPG module sitting next to my favorite reading spot right now! (you can guess where my favorite reading spot may be).
Nice.  Please let me know what you think - and how it compares to the original module!  (and I'm guessing your favorite reading spot is your computer chair  :P )

Previsionary

I must say this was a good outing for your first ezscript mod. Good jeorb!
Disappear when you least expe--

Epimethee

WCA... these will bring back memories – just in time for a free evening! I'm downloading. :)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

USAgent

I just played the first 3 mission and other than 2 crashes for unknown reasons, I am surprised just how closely the mod is to the RPG module especially with the dialog, so far so great!

Torch

Quote from: USAgent on April 18, 2009, 05:41:01 AM
I just played the first 3 mission and other than 2 crashes for unknown reasons, I am surprised just how closely the mod is to the RPG module especially with the dialog, so far so great!
Don't like the crash, but glad to hear it otherwise.  In all my playtesting I only had one crash during mission 2, and neither of my beta testers mentioned a crash of any kind.  If it persists then please post to the 'bug thread' and we'll look into it!

USAgent

I tried to duplicate one of the crashes to let ya know about it but I couldnt,
Spoiler
It was while I was fighting the guards at Kauptman's
But like I said I couldnt reproduce it for nothing.  The 2nd crash was when I tried to level up Vision becasue I seen that he was flashing on the team screen, but I couldnt duplicate that either.  I wouldnt call them bugs though, just one of those things. 
I'll post in the Bug thread with my script log if it happens again.

Torch

Quote from: USAgent on April 18, 2009, 06:53:51 PM
Spoiler
But like I said I couldnt reproduce it for nothing.  The 2nd crash was when I tried to level up Vision becasue I seen that he was flashing on the team screen, but I couldnt duplicate that either.  I wouldnt call them bugs though, just one of those things. 
Okay.  I set the XP earned to minimal so that there wouldn't be any ability to level the characters since I haven't learned / playtested that aspect of modding/EZScript yet.  In the future I'd like to create a mod where you level the characters throughout the campaign.

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: Torch on April 18, 2009, 07:15:35 PM
Quote from: USAgent on April 18, 2009, 06:53:51 PM
Spoiler
Okay.  I set the XP earned to minimal so that there wouldn't be any ability to level the characters since I haven't learned / playtested that aspect of modding/EZScript yet.  In the future I'd like to create a mod where you level the characters throughout the campaign.

Yeah i found that when I was testing it, and like Torch, thought that lowering the points to not allow that would work. Apparently not. Now did you cancel out of the character upgrade or click ok. I didn;t get a crash when I cancelled, but did when I clicked ok. Maybe the game is firing off a function when submitted (even if no upgrades take place) that is causing the error.

stumpy

I think you can keep characters from leveling up by setting RPG_XP_PER_LEVEL and RPG_XP_PER_TRAINING to 0.

(You can also set RPG_CP_PER_LEVEL=1000000 or something.)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

cmdrkoenig67

It crashed only once for me, but played through fine the second time...Really fun Mod, Torch!...And very good for a first mod, I'm jealous...Ya bloody ambiguously foreborn!  ;) 

I may have to blackmail (or bribe) you into helping me with mine...LOL!  You did a wonderful job, T.

Dana  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Torch

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on April 19, 2009, 02:02:47 AM
It crashed only once for me, but played through fine the second time...Really fun Mod, Torch!...And very good for a first mod, I'm jealous...Ya bloody ambiguously foreborn!  ;) 

I may have to blackmail (or bribe) you into helping me with mine...LOL!  You did a wonderful job, T.

Dana  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks D!  :D
It took one month from concept to playable mod.  Of course the story and script were already done since I started with a prewritten Marvel adventure.  And if it wasn't for the help of this community it would have taken longer.  So no need to blackmail or bribe me (especially since you contributed to the mod yourself!)  I'm happy to give back to the community and to help with any questions.  Just let me know!  :)

Torch

For anybody playing the mod - if you haven't already, hit the 'Credits' tab for a mini-easter egg!  ;)

*I haven't figured out how to change the alpha channel on a pic yet so I don't have actual names of people associated with the mod under the credits tab - I hope to accomplish that in the future though!*

USAgent

I finally got a chance to finish this mod, and you did a great job following the RPG module from the fights to the dialog.  It was a fun little mod I must say.  The cutscenes where very well done (even the ending with Fury and the picture!) 
The only negative to a mod like this one based off a RPG game is there is a lot of dialog to cover the RPG aspect of the game, but you did match up the dialog pretty good with the module.
:thumbup: