Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Spider-Man: The Webs that Bind, Question

Started by Torch, April 12, 2009, 04:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

I have a question regarding the first mission of Spider-Man: The Webs that Bind

Spoiler
I've done all three Primary Objectives, the last one being to defeat Rhino.  The game then just sits there and doesn't give me any other objectives, and doesn't 'win' and move on to the next mission.  So I started roaming the map and I found a device that was launching projectiles all over the map.  I destroyed it but it didn't end the mission.  Help?

Also, Is Previsionary the same person as Premonitioner?

Previsionary

Quote from: Torch on April 12, 2009, 04:32:37 PM
I have a question regarding the first mission of Spider-Man: The Webs that Bind

Spoiler
I've done all three Primary Objectives, the last one being to defeat Rhino.  The game then just sits there and doesn't give me any other objectives, and doesn't 'win' and move on to the next mission.

Firstly, let's look at the dialogue to see what you should do after Rhino falls (assuming everything is working correctly).

Quote from: dialogueThug: I'd sell my soul before I'd help you! The Rhino is unstoppable with that power source our master gave him!

Spider-man: Power source, eh? Now see how simple that was? Here's the deal...you stay here while I go hunt down your master and Rhino.

After Rhino is KO'd, his power source "should" spawn around his body. It's clickable.

Maybe. He could be my clone, most likely a twin...of my clone *dun dun dun*. Decisions, decisions.
Disappear when you least expe--

Torch

Quote from: Previsionary on April 13, 2009, 02:02:00 AM
Firstly, let's look at the dialogue to see what you should do after Rhino falls (assuming everything is working correctly).

Quote from: dialogueThug: I'd sell my soul before I'd help you! The Rhino is unstoppable with that power source our master gave him!

Spider-man: Power source, eh? Now see how simple that was? Here's the deal...you stay here while I go hunt down your master and Rhino.

After Rhino is KO'd, his power source "should" spawn around his body. It's clickable.
Ahh.  Thanks!  I keyed in on 'hunt down your master' as the next step to dropping Rhino.  I didn't see the power source at first but now that you mention it I see the gem on the ground.

Quote from: Previsionary on April 13, 2009, 02:02:00 AM
Maybe. He could be my clone, most likely a twin...of my clone *dun dun dun*. Decisions, decisions.
I'm guessing he's good Ash and you're bad Ash.  :ph34r:

oldmanwinters

Hey, Freedom Force fans, this is my first post so forgive my noob-ness.  This is a very fun mod!

My question has to do with the final mission of this game, "Rise of a Goddess."  I seem to be stuck mid-way through the mission.  The first objective calls for "defeating the thugs and find MJ."  But after I have to defeat two sets of Nucleian thugs, I have no idea what to do next.  I looked for something to drop out of the Nucleian thugs to pick up but didn't see anything.  Next I ran all around the city, looking to see if Mary Jane was around waiting for me.  Thus, I'm stuck.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for the help! 

BentonGrey

Let me give you an official "welcome to the forums," Winters.  I'm sure Prev. will be able to point you in the right direction.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Welcome aboard!
The Spidey Mod is a ton of fun, Prev really got Spidey's speech right and he choose great meshes, skins and music to the mod.
About your doubt. There's a patch to the mod you'll need to close the mission. I could only finish it after Prev sent me the patch.
You can find it here:
http://frpmods.com/files/prem/Mods/Spider-man%20patch.rar

oldmanwinters

Thanks for the welcome, folks!  And that patch did the trick, alright.  Much obliged!

Previsionary

Oi... more people keep finding that mod? Why are you torturing yourselves? Don't you... love you enough not to do yourself damage? I don't understand.

:P

Welcome to the community, and I'm glad JJ helped you with your problem. The error you had before was probably from the counting code I used at the time that worked for me, and then stopped tallying up correctly once I released the thing (as is typical for any modder).
Disappear when you least expe--

oldmanwinters

Quote from: Previsionary on July 21, 2010, 06:25:04 AM
Oi... more people keep finding that mod? Why are you torturing yourselves? Don't you... love you enough not to do yourself damage? I don't understand.

:P

Welcome to the community, and I'm glad JJ helped you with your problem. The error you had before was probably from the counting code I used at the time that worked for me, and then stopped tallying up correctly once I released the thing (as is typical for any modder).

Ah, Previsionary, you are too modest!  While I did get a bit frustrated with how frequently enemies take to the air and become almost impossible to hit, and a tad bored at times doing all 5 missions in one city, I think you created a fine game that captures the look and feel of Spider-man.  Your Avengers and X-men missions were lots of fun, and that twist with the last level was surprising!  I appreciate your work, man!

John Jr.

You made a fun mod, Prev.
And you got Spidey's characterization just right... 99% from current comic book writers can't do that.