Best way to Edit a Published Story

Started by Tortuga, April 10, 2009, 06:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

Hey guys,

I need to Edit my "Bases Loaded" story a bit (for those of you that have tried it, I'm making the Atlas Park riot mish slightly easier).  I don't want to take it down and lose the ratings I've received (thanks, in part, to some of you).  How do you go about doing this?

The added problem with this arc is that it's at 101%.  I can't even save any editing changes I make because of the error.

Viking

Normally, the way you do it is to go into the "My Published Stories" tab, and then click on the story that you want to edit.  (Without hitting Play.)  This expands the window with your story, slightly, and gives you additional options.  Now, you can not only Play your published arc, but you can also Edit or Unpublish your arc.

You would then select the Edit option, inside of which you would edit your arc, and then select one of the "Republish" options that are provided from within the editor.

Of course, this is all made problematic by the existing filesize bug.  Since, as I recall, your story (like mine) was brought over from Test, opened locally, saved, and then published, it "appears" to be over the 100% filesize cap.  I have tried, and failed, to edit and republish a story that has already been published in a fashion that gets around the filesize cap.

Hence, your best bet may simply be to wait a little while, and see if they can fix the filesize bug, which would then free you up to make edits to your published arc in the fashion I've described above.

Tortuga

Patience, is what you're saying :(

Probably the best advice I could get right now.

AncientSpirit

Quote from: Tortuga on April 10, 2009, 04:46:45 PM
Patience, is what you're saying :(

Probably the best advice I could get right now.

Did you have any luck after yesterday's patch?    Mine went from unpublishable at 101% when I added back in one of my custom critters ... to publishable at 99%.    I'm not really sure why ... but will take an opportunity when its presented.

I hope you have similar luck because I know how $%#^&&#@!!!!! frustrating this can be.
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Tortuga

Mine was reduced by about 1.5%, but it's still sitting at 101.2% or so.  On Test it was just above 99%.

B A D

Tort, I just edited my first arc using Vike's method. It was easy, and I didn't lose any of my precious stars.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.