News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Where do I find FFEdit?

Started by splunge, March 28, 2009, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

splunge

I DL'd TMX Hero File PAck for FFvTR  and the install directions invlve the editor FFEdit.  I Googled it and found great instructions for its use on teh cached Irrational Website, but no link to download it.  I searched the forums for "FFEdit" and got no hits.  Am I missing something obvious?

Tomato

yeah, but it's not a huge deal. FFEdit should come standard with FF and FFv3R, if I recall right. It should be in the same directory as your game exe.

stumpy

FFEdit is part of Irrational's Mod Tools. There may have been different distributions of the game, but mine didn't come with it. Take a look at the Game FAQ for download links.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Tomato

Yeah, you're probably right. It's been awhile since I installed my copy, I only vaguely remembered it.

splunge

Freedom fans downloads seems dead.  Modforce too.

tommyboy

Bandwidth temporarily exceeded.
But Google is your friend:
http://download.cnet.com/Freedom-Force-editor/3000-7537_4-10233476.html
http://www.fileplanet.com/87977/80000/fileinfo/Freedom-Force-Editor
etc etc etc.
Unless you wanted the FFv3R Editor, in which case, you should have specified that.
And if so, google is still your friend.

stumpy

Aargh! I thought I had that covered in the FAQ, but Google changed it's query format.  <_<

Okay, updated the FAQ for next time...  :cool:
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

splunge

Gamespot and CNET both are webpage not found when I try the download.  Modforce still seems dead.  I'm not a File Planet member and before I pay to register I'd like to know they have it.

stumpy

Just some notes:

1. I thought you could register for free at File Planet. The free membership just isn't quite as fast for the downloads.

2. There are a bunch of other free host links (like FileFront)  in the Google search given in the Game FAQ. Try them.

3. The FreedomFans link will be functional again in a couple of days when their monthly quota is reset.

splunge

Thanks, i thought the "Bandwidth exceeeded" meant the link was dead!  That's good news.