News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Casanova's Art Thread Returns!

Started by Blkcasanova247, March 27, 2009, 04:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

Wow...it's been a spell since I posted anything new. I've truthfully been a little burnt out...but...I'm feelin' froggy...idea's are dancing around my brain. ;) Zivon approached me a little while back about doing a redux of his AV...the thing that I like to do best. I of course jumped on it. He gave me his character outline and I extrapolated it in a way was a little "different" than how it had been presented before. This is far and away different in style but I beleive in my heart that this captures the spirit of the character. Sorry it took me so long bro...but this ones for you Zivon!

Spoiler

I'm still making a tweak or two and It's gonna be colored...but for the most part it's done. Next on my hit list...HEROFORCE! And another redux of yours truly. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

UnkoMan

Got a whole cosmic shaman vibe going on there. I like it. You gonna be slapping colours on this?

Blkcasanova247

That's the plan...and you hit the nail right on the head.

Zivon23

I can't say anything because I AM SPEECHLESS!!!!  The first thing that came to mind was OM*G!  WOW!  Definately worth the wait and now I have to redo my AV.  That pic is Too Sweet.  Can't wait to see it coloured.  And....Thanks!

~Z23~

~EDIT:  I guess I found some words to say.  :)  ~

Glitch Girl

Wow BC, that is nice.  Now I'm dying to see him colored. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Blkcasanova247

Thanks GG. I'm workin hard on that now...I'll be working it as a sort of "mixed media" piece. Maybe this weekend I'll have made some progress and show it. Now that I'm getting my "sealegs" back here's my hit list for redesigns.
The members of Hero Force...Flesh Eater (started - maybe about 30% finished), Afghan Ant (just started my outline) and Podmark(quick sketch done...still conceptualizing)
Thunder(conceptualizing)
Tomato(quick sketch done...still conceptualizing).

Volsung

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

Blkcasanova247

Here's two WIP out of the four that I'm working on right now.

First up......Speedy redux

And of course because I'm such a narcissist....Casanova version....I don't know...7 or is it 8? :rolleyes: :P

The other 2 coming later today or tomorrow...TUE and Afghan Ant.
Later gators. :cool:

Aly Cat

Very nice work BC, only issue I see is speedy's drawing hand; it's facing the wrong way. As a former archery buff, that position would put a lot of strain on the arm & not really be very good for accuracy, not to mention looking awkward. Just my 2 cents; overall I like the work, very clean lines.

Vertex

Quote from: Aly Cat on May 15, 2009, 04:56:48 PM
Very nice work BC, only issue I see is speedy's drawing hand; it's facing the wrong way. As a former archery buff, that position would put a lot of strain on the arm & not really be very good for accuracy, not to mention looking awkward. Just my 2 cents; overall I like the work, very clean lines.

as ex-archer myself .. arrow hand totally wrong.. arrow on RIGHT side of bow  :D
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Blkcasanova247

Thanks for the critque guys. ;) The sketch was based off of some practice videos that I saw on youtube of an Austrailian Archer named Erica Anear. Now not being an archer myself I wanted to find positioning that was acurate and dynamic and went searching. Her vids weren't the first that I saw in this position but I liked her lines and look so I based the drawing off her. Check her out maybe I got it wrong but thats how she was firing recurve. ;)

Reepicheep

The little gadget she's using implies theres some benefit in that technique. I did archery when I was a wee lad, but I distinctly remember having the hand the other way... but then I always clasped the string with two fingers and a thumb (iirc... not sure I could do it again nowadays).

If I were you, i'd do a bit of research and see if you can figure out what the little gadget is.

Took a quick look myself. Most appropriate sounding/looking thing was a Release Aid.

Aly Cat

Right, the release aid is still usually held with the hand facing in or up, that position puts a lot of strain on the elbow & shoulder(try it,you'll feel it in a few secs), it's also harder to sight down the shaft with thepinky blocking your direct line of sight  ;)

Blkcasanova247

Just a couple of pics of the vids the sketch was based on. ;)

Xenolith

Apparently you have to wear a bikini top to shoot with that form.   :D

Gremlin

Quote from: Xenolith on May 15, 2009, 09:36:14 PM

Are you complaining? ;)

Aly Cat

I see how she could use that for firing, it may be the position of your drawing's head that may be a bit off, as the actual pic has a lot more space from her hand to her eye that it kind of looks like her hand is resting on her cheek.
Quote from: Gremlin on May 16, 2009, 05:52:24 AM

Are you complaining? ;)

Sexists....... :rolleyes:

Gremlin

Quote from: Aly Cat on May 16, 2009, 06:21:23 PM
I see how she could use that for firing, it may be the position of your drawing's head that may be a bit off, as the actual pic has a lot more space from her hand to her eye that it kind of looks like her hand is resting on her cheek.

Are you complaining? ;)

Am not. I just have an extreme appreciation for the feminine form.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Aly Cat on May 16, 2009, 06:21:23 PM

Are you complaining? ;)

How is that sexist?  Saying that girls should do archery would be sexist . . .

That being said, it is curious attire for archery.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."