News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

HELP with Custom Voices!

Started by SCKnight, June 12, 2009, 01:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCKnight

Someone help me, please!  I'm trying to install some custom voice packs to Freedom Force, but I have no idea what to do!  And yes, I read the readme's, but I'm still having trouble!

stumpy

I'm not the expert on this, but my guess is that you'll get better help if you describe what you have done and where you are stuck. Be detailed, because that can make all the difference. If you don't know where to start, the FRWorld Wiki may be a good place.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

AC Fan

I'm having problems installing the new voice packs for FFv3R also, as the tutorials I found are only for the original FF Editor. I also used the tutoral found of FF wikipeda. They are some subtle differences in FF Editor between FF and FFv3R. Specifically, the 'Input Directory" and "Output Directory" under "Speech, Text, and Languages" in the Options tab for FFv3R Editor.

After installing the voicepacks, my Output Directory lists, "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Lang\English". When I click, "Generate Language Files", I get the follow-on message of "Lang files created", but when I open FFv3R, those voice selections are not available in the character selections like the rest.

What am I doing incorrectly? Is there supposed to be something typed in the Input Directory area? I fiddled around with possible links also, but still haven't been able to get it to work.

Any help would be great.