Tomato's Meshes: Mirror Mirror time again! (05/25/13)

Started by Tomato, March 16, 2009, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Awesome! Are you going to do a younger version male_basic as well?

Tomato

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 15, 2009, 06:56:17 PM
Awesome! Are you going to do a younger version male_basic as well?

I don't know, actually. I was able to get a semi-decent kid body (for Kid Rocket) by shrinking down certain areas to match Ren's kid meshes... I'd have to look at it again though.

However, what might be easier, in the long run, is if someone altered the mesh to be somewhat skinnier/more teen-like via max, then skoped the biped down via nifskope. That way one can use the keyframes from other meshes (which has always been my problem... I think the only teen-ish keys I like are the ones for Ren's Superboy.) rather then relying on ones for a specific biped that we rarely see stuff made for.

Worth some thought... who knows. I ever get more then a few hours before I have job or this or that to do via RL (I've worked on this mesh most often between 11:00 PM when I get off work and 2:00AM-3:00AM when I give up and fall asleep, meh.) I might play around with it. Or cheat a bit, have someone else do it for me. Whichever works.

Edit: Grah, forgot the point of my post in the mirage of IMs I've got up... a shot of the top of the head mapping, using a kittbashed version of one of C6's spidermen (twas the most convenient spidey skin at the time)

Podmark

Tis a very cool project.
If someone does do a teen sized version I'm likely to make use of it quite a bit.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Well, if someone wants to get me a size comparison of a teen body vs adult body, I'll look into changes that might need making. Just be aware... whenever I come back to this stuff, after one or two skin projects, I've got another mesh correction to do... one with a much bigger warping issue around the chest.

BentonGrey

If that means what I think it means, then I think that would be pretty cool.  Anyway, this is great 'Mato!  Good work man, and I guess I'm going to have to replace some male_basics soon. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Final screen of the mesh before release. Thanks to V for advice on the thumb.

Also, Male_Basic_TM will now also be coming in Male_Nomouth_TM and Male_Fullmask_TM variety packs.

Tomato

Two things: First, go here and discuss. It's about what needs to happen with that bloody female mesh. Second, I'm looking for a skinner to do my Male_Nomouth_TM mesh (which might change to Maskmouth or something, since the mask is draped over the mouth rather then it being something like Barakapool's nomouth *shrug*). PM me if you're interested in doing a throwaway skin for the standard (I'd do it myself, but I have an annoying habit of designing things in and then meshing them, heh).

primus

Quote from: Tomato on July 17, 2009, 07:03:16 PM

Final screen of the mesh before release. Thanks to V for advice on the thumb.

Also, Male_Basic_TM will now also be coming in Male_Nomouth_TM and Male_Fullmask_TM variety packs.

Will this mesh have any extras?  I'd love to see some extras in the mesh.  I just need a hood  :unsure:

But either way I can't wait to get this mesh

Tomato

Quote from: primus on July 21, 2009, 11:20:00 PM
Will this mesh have any extras?  I'd love to see some extras in the mesh.  I just need a hood  :unsure:

But either way I can't wait to get this mesh

Not really... I'm kind of running on the impression people can skope the things on and off. If I'm meshing a specific character that has a hood... then I'll make a hood, maybe. Depends on what I need, and if someone has already done one.

I blame this one on C6... his duo of standards for my Colossus hyped me up on meshing again. While I still plan (and definately so) to redo the Female mesh sometime soon, Male_Suit's mapping scheme has long irritated me. So I did up a second mapping scheme, complete with the MB head and my signature set of two hands.

With any luck, this will be a successful jumping off point for a second attempt at an old favorite of mine.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Blkcasanova247

Sweet! I sense the return of Two Face! :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

laughing paradox

That's really great, Tomato!

Will your mesh also have a gun?

Tomato

Quote from: laughing paradox on July 28, 2009, 07:05:23 PM
That's really great, Tomato!

Will your mesh also have a gun?

The base mesh will not, because I've got it on MB keys and I think if people need to they can find a couple dozen ways to get it working. As for the second mesh to come out of this... he might have one or two sets of guns, perhaps.

AfghanAnt

Will we get a female_basic_supermodel? I've always wanted a very slim female basic body.

Tomato

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 29, 2009, 01:13:01 AM
Will we get a female_basic_supermodel? I've always wanted a very slim female basic body.

Depends... the base mesh I've got in mind is definitely going to be skinnier then the "Female Basic" models (With a smaller but more shapely chest area... Irrational really failed there, methinks) but I don't know about supermodel. What I'm mainly looking at doing is a more classic looking Comic Book-type heroine body, which is what I never saw in the Irrational basics... though, keep in mind this is only conceptual stuff. Having not sat down and actually worked on it at all, what's in my head and what I end up with = two different things.

Also...

Figure Fan

style

The Ultimate Fan!

Tomato

So... Colossus_TM is up on Meshworks, since I finally got around to writing my readme today. Enjoy!

deano_ue

Tomato

Gremlin

Oh my God that is so great.

...I hate that I prefer bald Two-Face. Can that be skoped off?

Tomato

Quote from: Gremlin on August 01, 2009, 05:50:00 AM

The hair? Yeah. I'm making a second hair mesh as well, for a more TDK-style hair.

Gremlin

Quote from: Tomato on August 01, 2009, 06:14:57 AM
Quote from: Gremlin on August 01, 2009, 05:50:00 AM

The hair? Yeah. I'm making a second hair mesh as well, for a more TDK-style hair.

Nice. Although, again, that hair looks phenomenal.

EDIT: Oh, what about alpha-enabling it to get it patchy, if someone wanted?

Blkcasanova247

I can't wait to see this one completed. :thumbup: The one critique that I do have is the hair. I think that it's a little too anime-esque on both sides. Here's a couple of good examples of the hair.....

Everybody has there own interpretations of the hair but to me these are the examples of his hair done right....one side is completely controlled and other out of control. If you wanted to go with something a little more modern.....

Tomato

-Adjusted the Bangs a bit, is that Better?

@Grem: I could do that... though it's not really a piece designed for it. There's no backfaces to it at all.

cmdrkoenig67

You're getting a great bunch of meshes going there, Tomato.  That Colossus is really great!

Dana

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Tomato on August 01, 2009, 06:09:26 PM
-Adjusted the Bangs a bit, is that Better?

I might lose the bangs altogether...but I'm kinda starting to see your perspective the more that I look at it.

style

coin flip animation he's gotta have it in the idle
The Ultimate Fan!

Xenolith

Would Two-Face be able to weild two rings?