If Frank Miller Drew Peanuts

Started by randyripoff, March 13, 2009, 09:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyripoff

BWPS

:lol:

It's funny because Frank Miller is a terrible writer and artist.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

docdelorean88

Quote from: BWPS on March 13, 2009, 10:08:32 PM
:lol:

It's funny because Frank Miller is a terrible writer and artist.
AMEN!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Gremlin

Lulz indeed, Randy. Lulz indeed.

This thread doesn't have enough pointless random violence in it. *kills BWPS* There we go.

GogglesPizanno

That was actually really well done.

And Im going to step up and defend (sorta) Mr. Milller.
I don't think hes a bad writer or artist... I think he suffers from having a niche and milking it dry. In later years his ego I think got the better of him and it just compounded the notion that he's become a hack, but he really is no different than the popular old school Noir writers. Literary genius...no. But he does his thing and he does it well. Its just so overdone and tired at this point...

Gremlin

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on March 14, 2009, 03:28:32 AM
That was actually really well done.

And Im going to step up and defend (sorta) Mr. Milller.
I don't think hes a bad writer or artist... I think he suffers from having a niche and milking it dry. In later years his ego I think got the better of him and it just compounded the notion that he's become a hack, but he really is no different than the popular old school Noir writers. Literary genius...no. But he does his thing and he does it well. Its just so overdone and tired at this point...

What an interesting point. Allow me to respond with a rocket launcher.

*blows up Goggles*

This is the House of Horror Hope. There will be no intellectual discussion here.

GogglesPizanno

Take it away Frank....

I knew when Gremlin walked in the room it was trouble.
Like a dame who falls all over you all the while keeping one eye on the door.
I shoulda pulled my piece...
shoulda sent him to that forum on the other side.
But shouda's and coulda's do nothing but but highlight the bad decisions of my life
and this definatley ranked as a bad decision
Shoulda killed gremlin what I had the chance.
I shoulda known better.
Now Im just a shoulda coulda pool of blood on the floor.

zuludelta

Hilarious. I seem to recall a similar Frank Miller-inspired parody of Garfield from a few years ago. Also, if you google for "Bukowski peanuts," you might find some PG-13 language-infused parody that's at once hilarious and somewhat depressing (sort of like the real Bukowski's work).
Art is the expression of truth without violence.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You know, I've heard a lot about the Dark Knight returns, but when I started to read it, I found the art style so horrible, I put it back down.  Couldn't stand it actually.

It deserved to be parodied.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

GogglesPizanno

Well their are plenty of people who like Rob Liefeld so its all a subjective thing.
I actually really liked the art in DKR. But then I go for that stylized sorta thing more times than not.

cmdrkoenig67

Bleh...Charlie Brown's gallbladder is in his groin?

Spam

More like his groin is in his gallbladder...  :huh:

FORIAMSPAM!
Mmmmmmm... Donuts...