News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Transfering hero files

Started by cptcurt, March 06, 2009, 04:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptcurt

Hi, I'm totally new to modding ff3. I would like to know how to transfer hero files from one mod to play in ffx3. Also where is the best place to get hero fils? When you do get them, how to you attach those files to a hero? I'm not good at making my on powers and effects, I would just like to use some of the ones already made. I'm very empressed with the crises mod. I really would like to use those hero and abilities myself in ffx3. I want to get as many heroes thats completed as possible into my game. Whats best? Can anyone help Me? Thanks. I know how to download and install custum skins and meshes into the game, after that...??? Please help.

stumpy

Transferring actual custom characters (those whose data is saved in HERO files) from one mod to another is pretty easy, since the character data is mod independent. If you are creating a hero file from a mesh that came with a mod, you have to copy that mesh from the mod's Art\library\characters folder to the corresponding folder under the the game's Custom folder (located in the base game directory).

If you want to use actual built-in characters from one mod as custom characters in another mod, then you can use the game's character editor in the first mod and copy the character. That will create a custom character from the built-in with the same stats, powers, attributes, etc. From that point, you can repeat the above process to make the mesh available to all mods. You will have to re-create any FFX customizations for the new custom character in the FFX Control Centre.

If you want to use built-in characters from one mod as built-in characters in a second mod, you need to copy the meshes as in the first note above and also merge the characters, powers, and objects DAT files, which can be sort of a tricky process and not one to be attempted before making backups of those DATs for both mods. You also have to re-create the FFX customizations for the character in the second mod in the FFX Control Centre. If that's what you want to do, then say so and I or someone else can relate the DAT merge process.

For this last scenario, if you want to use the character in the second mod's campaign (outside of the Rumble Room), you will also have to make the character recruitable using the Campaign_AddHero() function from the console or in a mission script.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

cptcurt

How do I copy a character from, lets say crises mod with no hero files in it. Also how ow would i install the same ffx, and I really dont know how to use the character editer. where is the best site to get hero files? Yes i also would like to know about how to customize the ffx and how to use outside of the rumble room. thanks