News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

MA Question

Started by Funeral-Pyre, February 27, 2009, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funeral-Pyre

Since we will be allowed to create our own characters for our own stories, do you think it's possible to upload some of the toons we have already created for the story?  For instance, could I craft a story for Funeral-Pyre where he battles his evil father and brother, who are also toons of mine? 

Lionheart

I don't know whether you can upload the actual player characters as enemies, but you might be able to recreate them as MA critters to use in your story.

MJB

IMO it would work like this. Visit a tailor with your toon. Save your costume. The MA character editor looks like the regular costume editor, should have the option to load a costume. Load your costume and VIOLA.

This is purely speculation on my part though.

-MJB

Tortuga

Wasn't this one of the reasons for the delay of the MA?  They wanted players to be able to put in their own enemies, I thought.

[edit]
I found this article on Kotaku.  Not sure if the question is answered in there, but it's got good info anywho.
http://kotaku.com/5161479/the-city-of-heroes-mission-architect-explained[/edit]

Lionheart

We can create totally customized enemies (from minions through AVs) in the "Critter Creator". We can even mix and match power sets (e.g., create a fire blaster with invulnerability). It looks awesome.

However, I think the OP's question is about taking your pre-existing player characters and just plug them in as enemies. I think the answer is no, but you can recreate them in the critter creator and give them the same power sets.

rain

You can create an enemy or contact out of any character you have. According to the stuff released so far about the MA, you just save the costume file and then build the character up in the MA tool and you're good to go.
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings

Lionheart

Quote from: rain on February 28, 2009, 03:27:48 AM
You can create an enemy or contact out of any character you have. According to the stuff released so far about the MA, you just save the costume file and then build the character up in the MA tool and you're good to go.

I think that's what I just said, only you said it more clearly. :)

As my wife would say: "You mean what I know."

Funeral-Pyre

Thanks, guys.  You are all awesome!