News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Zodiac LMD Observations

Started by Xenolith, February 18, 2009, 10:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I have Defenders #50 open in front of me and will make some notes about the Aries, Cancer, and Taurus LMDs.

p3.  Cancer takes a shot from the Hulk, it doesn't seem to phase him.  It looks like something is shooting out of his chest but I am looking at a Marvel Essential which is black and white, so I'm not exactly sure that it is.  Taurus shoots a retractible horn at Hulk but misses.
p4.  Cancer shoots some type of laser out of his shoulder blasters.
P5.  Taurus grapples a leaping Moon Knight with both retractible horns.  Cancer is till grappling with the Hulk.  Aries knocks Hulk through a wall and into a river, which I assume is near by.  This looks like an extreme KB attack if I've ever seen one.
p6.  Hulk smashes into Taurus, breaking one of his retractible horns. 
P7.  Hulk punches Taurus who flies through the ceiling.
p9.  Taurus is till kicking, barely, even though the Hulk is destroying the Zodiac HQ.
p10.  Bird-nose, er, Nighthawk drops down on Aries and knocks him down.
p15.  Aries misses a charge at Nighthawk, turns, and accidentally hits Aquarius. (Might be a good 90 degree attack).   Moon Knight and Nighthawk pick him up and throw him down.
p16.  Hulk finally defeats Cancer by knocking his block off and smashing him through the floor.  Nighthawk throws some machinery on Taurus, knocking him out of action.

I'm not sure how tough Nighthawk was in these issues.  I seem to recall that he had super strength during his time in the Defenders.  Moon Knight was certainly agile, but not super srong.

• Taurus has two ranged attacks, a grapple and a piercing attack, but there is no sign he had super strength.  He is tougher than snot and probably has body armor.  I'd still give him him super strength because I sort of link toughness with strength.
    Cancer can take a licking, but didn't seem to hit anything.  His shoulder lasers hit the Hulk but didn't do much damage.  I'd say he could probably whip a regular guy fairly quickly, he just had to fight the mad Hulk.
    Aries knock the Hulk across town but doesn't seem very tough.  I'd give him a wide angle ram attack with high KB.   

I hope that is of some assisstance.

If Tommyboy makes the others I'd be glad to post more information. These are pretty cool character designs and i bet most of them could be skoped fairly easily.

tommyboy

I had to re-read that issue whilst making them. A good read.
Cancer is literally a tank. Heavily armoured (though not proof against angry hulk, but what is?), and with a range of weapons, guns, missiles, rockets. The thing hulk punches ( on pg.3) I think is a kind of airbag that stops cancer taking damage. I'd half intended to mesh it in but forgot :( I also think his armour would give him strength especially the claws.
Taurus looks strong. Not Hulk strong maybe, but maybe 5-10 times human strength, bearing in mind as LMD machines they could all be super strong. He also seems very tough, and has the ranged "horns" which also work closer as melees. I couldnt easily mesh in a "grapple" type thing for his horns, but it seems appropriate.
Aries has to be super strong in butting at least, to launch the Hulk any distance. Maybe not as tough as the other two, but as an offensive player maybe more of a threat.

detourne_me

great idea for a topic... since i would have no idea what the capabilities of the LMD's were

Xenolith

Anything to help promote non X-related superheroes!  :)

DrMike2000

Nighthawk, as far as I recall, was "twice as strong at night" - so he's far from even Spidey level superstrength.
However, like Moon Knight, he was a skilled fighter and that seemed good enough to let him get away with murder in terms of fighting superpowered opponents.

I guess with Taurus' strength, should he be able to pick up a car and throw it? If not, just give him decent melee attacks.

BTW You have excellent taste. I love the Defenders. They were strange well before it was fashionable to be strange :)
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Dreaded Porcupine

Defenders #50 is one of my all time favorite comic books. Sits in my night stand drawer right next to my bed along with Defenders #63 and #64. And all my other all time favorite comic books. The other 10,000 sit boxed up in the basement. LOL. Can't wait for hero files for these LMD's as they are much more powerful than the human Zodiac. Of course the Hulk was too much for them but who isn't. Too bad they only got one shot before they were altered with the next LMD versions of the Zodiac.