News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Who are these people?!

Started by Spring Heeled Jack, February 18, 2009, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Heeled Jack

An acquaintance gave me a copy of The DC Comics Encyclopedia a few months ago. For some time he had taken it with him whenever he went to a comicbook convention in Washington DC or Baltimore, and he had every DC creator he spoke to sign it.

I have no idea why he gave it to me, but nevertheless I have it now. I've been trying to identify the creators who signed it, and I'm stumped by these last few:

Spoiler

Here's a Matt Wagner sketch I just think is neat:

Spoiler

All of those are on the cover interiors. There are dozens more scattered throughout the book; most creators signed their name and sometimes drew a doodle next to characters they were associated with. There's Jeph Loeb, Ethan Van Scriver, Grant Morrison, Humberto Ramos (I think), and so on. It's a pretty neat book.

Anyway, anyone know who's signatures those are? I think the brontosaurus is Jim Ostrander, but I'm not sure.

tommyboy

The big O is Walt Simonson, just below it I think is Coleen Doran...but could be wrong..

Spring Heeled Jack

Simonson! That's who I was thinking of. Thank you. I'm jealous that he made a dinosaur out of his name.

JKCarrier

I believe the signature above Simonson is Howard Chaykin.