News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sledgehammer's Voicepacks

Started by Sledgehammer, February 15, 2009, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgehammer

Here we go again!

There are THREE new packs from Justice League Heroes available: Green Lantern John Stewart, Green Lantern Hal Jordan/Kyle Rayner, and the Martian Manhunter. All include some direct references to their respective characters (like mentioning their codenames, speaking about the Green Lantern Ring and its power, or talking about Mars).

Hal and Kyle were provided with just one VP in JLH, so both are covered by the same pack. Also, the phrases are nearly identical to those of John (I made a few minor adjustments depending on voice intonation and aggresiveness, but basically you are getting the same responses for attack, alert, select, etc). I know, it doesn't provide much variety, but it's better than nothing.

For generic purposes, John Stewart is your typical african-american ready to fight, a no-nonsense guy who enjoys a good scrap. Any black hero will do, but it's especially suited for melee fighters. Hal/Kyle's pack has a slight military tone and is ideal for strict and resolute characters. Finally, the Manhunter is a hero that considers fighting as a last resource: He's very calm, sometimes even in battle, and very polite. Nevertheless, if provoked, he can be violent and be ready for anything.

But the fun doesn't end there! I've created TWO more packs! I've added a metallic reverb to John Stewart (sh_gl_john_stewart_alt) and a robotic reverb to J'onn (sh_martian_manhunter_alt). Now, you can use the packs for War Machine and the Vision, respectively. For generic purposes, you have to consider the attributes I just mentioned, but now for an armoured hero.

Download all of them from here:

Files:
sh_gl_john_stewart
sh_gl_jordan_rayner
sh_martian_manhunter
sh_gl_john_stewart_alt
sh_martian_manhunter_alt
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ffvc_1/

And you can find my other VPs in my website, the Freedom Force Voicepack Center: http://geocities.com/sledgehammer_ff/ffvc.html

electro

whoOOO hooOOO thanks for these Sledge :blink:

Carravaggio

Glad you're back pal, I thought we had lost you for good :)
Glad to see you are still keeping on with the JLH voices

apfarmakis

Thanks loads Sledge. You have no idea how much a VP livens up the game.
Like an eye that sees but cannot see itself,
Like a sword that cuts but cannot cut itself.

cmdrkoenig67

Yay SH, you're back!...BTW, What's his voice ID?  I'll add it to my ID list, which will be posted on my Yahoo groups.

Dana

Sledgehammer

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm happy to be back and I'll continue posting VPs in the near future!

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 16, 2009, 05:37:24 AM
What's his voice ID?  I'll add it to my ID list, which will be posted on my Yahoo groups.

There you go:

UF - sh_gl_john_stewart
UG - sh_gl_jordan_rayner
UH - sh_martian_manhunter
UI - sh_gl_john_stewart_alt
UJ - sh_martian_manhunter_alt

cmdrkoenig67

BentonGrey

SH, too awesome!  These are fantastic.  I can't tell you how long I've wanted a Hal Jordan VP!  The Martian Manhunter one is great as well, since I was never really happy with the JLU one I made.  John Stewart's is cool to have, but Phil Lamar just does the perfect voice for him.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Sledgehammer

TWO NEW JLH PACKS!

Here you have Flash and Green Arrow. Flash (Wally West in this incarnation) is your verbose, funny guy, always enjoying the situation. A half full glass kind of guy. Oliver Queen is more generic in his lines, a normal guy with a rough edge, ready for battle.

Regarding these two packs, I should say that Flash has TONS of lines mentioning his superspeed power. Almost half of the pack contain phrases about that. Green Arrow does the same, but speaking about arrows and quivers - For generic purposes, your character MUST have those abilities. Otherwise, the VPs won't make any sense.

Because of that, the Marvel characters I've matched with these VPs are Whizzer (Robert Frank), and Golden/Black Archer. Identical powers, Whizzer is also a talkative guy, and Black Archer is actually based on Green Arrow.

Download all of them from here:

Files:
sh_flash
sh_green_arrow

BentonGrey

Haha, fantastic!  I've been wanting a Green Arrow for a long time.  I never could manage to get enough lines for him from JLU, so this will be perfect. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Sledgehammer

UPDATE:

Two new JLH packs!

Zatanna and Hawkgirl are ready to go. Zatanna's pack is quite interesting: she's quite cheerful, quite flirty, but also a tough fighter. Plenty of magic references and I even included some spells spoken backwards (for attack, defend, and even heal). I guess Marvel's Arcanna (from Squadron Supreme) works just fine too. For generic purposes, the character must be a magician/wizard of some sort. I added a version without the spells, but the magic lines are still there (almost every attack line has something to do with magic).

Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders is the one included in JLH) is a fun girl, enjoying the situation with some nice taunts, but, in the end, is an aggressive, no-nonsense woman. Extremely direct in her tactical approach, her lines tend to be short and concise ("Take 'em down!", "Let's get 'em!", etc.). Which means that, for generic characters, the pack is versatile enough. A Marvel character matching these characteristics could be Tabitha Smith, at least when she's written as a tough rebellious woman, and not as a bubbly girl like in Nextwave.

Download them from here:

Files:
sh_zatanna
sh_hawkgirl

WyldFyre

Sledge,

Love your voicepacks. They are a great addition to my gaming experience.  I really appreciate you taking the time to do them. Thanks.
For Freedom!

Sledgehammer

UPDATE:

The last two playables from JLH (both PSP exclusives) are ready!

Black Canary and Supergirl are my final JLH packs. Dinah is a strong, assertive woman with a somewhat deep voice who doesn't hesitate to attack. You can even notice a little feminism in her speech. For generic purposes, this works for both heroines and neutral characters. That's why I think it suits Marrow as well: the voice and the aggressiveness are there (Besides, I don't know if I could get a XML pack from Sarah, due to the limited quantity of lines for her).

Supergirl (Kara, that is) is a girl with some teenager slang here and there ('Rock on!', speaking about cellphones, etc). Works somewhat like Jubilee's pack, but Kara sound a little bit more mature and ready for battle. Pretty confident in herself. I guess Spider-Girl is a fine match, basically matching her playfulness and sense of humor.

Download them from here:

Files:
sh_black_canary
sh_supergirl

Up next, I'm planning on creating some more XML packs. XML II villains for sure, even though some of them don't have skins or meshes available (I'll see if somebody would like to work on that). And three NPCs from XML II will have their packs too. Hint: two are Brotherhood members.

Then, I'm thinking of re-doing some of Zetor's old Wizardry 8 packs (for example, female_arrogant, female_shifty or male_hunter), but adapting them for FFv3R. I wonder whether you consider this a good idea or not. And for Crimson, I don't know if I should use Zetor's IDs, or new ones, as they are the same voices. I'll rehash the whole thing (starting the packs from scratch, getting the clips from the game and modifying them with my sound editor), but, all in all, you'll get the same VP with added lines and some reshuffling.

Oh, and you could get new packs too, as there are quite a few Wiz 8 voices that don't have a respective FF pack.

freegentile

An excellent idea would be Captain Marvel (Shazam) saying Shazam! from the Clash episode of JLU...I'm sure everyone's worked w/ the ShazamFX files in their time w/ FF & FFV3R, but it's from the old 70's series. Sounds much more manly & cool in the JLU episode.

John Jr.

Just want thank you. Your voicepacks are great and i can't imagine my custom heroes without them.
Thanks a lot!

area34

Just wanted to add my thanks. I'm finally going in and adding sound to my game yours are some of the first I'm doing. I'm glad your stuff was backed up on yahoo what with the whole geocities thing.

freegentile

To Sir Sledge of Hammer...I have installed the Supes & GL-Hal Jordan voice packs & can't get them to fly...in FFVTTR. Per the instructions, I am creating a new character, superman_voice, for instance, & making sure Campaign is unchecked & UB is typed in. In vanilla FFVTTR, I get superman_voice to show as a voice selection, but it makes no sound. As well, if I open up my Superman hero file in EZHero, I show "UB" as the voice, but even saving that & sending to DAT still does nothing. As well, I'm unclear on how I can make these custom voice packs work across mods. Do they only work in vanilla FFVTTR? For instance, I'd LOVE to make so many things in the FFVTTR kingdom work in the Crisis mod, for instance. Anyway, I am following the instructions using FFEdit to the "T", but can't get it to work. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time for those language dat's to be generated? Thank you so much for your hard work in making these custom voice packs a reality! Blessings.

freegentile

OK, I finally got the Supes voice to work...the one from Justice League Heroes. I made sure I followed the advice of others on here & named it voice_superman instead of something starting w/ the character's name. Issue was that even though I copied a character in FFEdit, it didn't show me the same character in Templates, so I had to create the same name again & save it in Templates, making sure I filled in that 4th field that shows Voice & then a value of 1. Don't know if that mattered or not, but figured if I want a voice, I'd better fill that in. My final question on this, since I made it work for vanilla FFVTTR, is that if you want that voice in your mod, like Crisis, do I just go thru the whole process again, but work w/ the English & Sounds directories w/in the mod? Then point the Generate Language file utility @ the mod file path to finish?

Sledgehammer

Aaaaand, once again, I'm back.

I'm returning to my Freedom Force ways, after a while I wasn't able to. And again, I'm trying to get my hands into Voicepacks, like I used to.

My new projects involve many things, including:

* Brand new website
* Finishing, once and for all, with X-Men Legends I and II.
* Spider-Man Friend or Foe. I've been able to crack this game, and there's some great voice acting there. Sandman, Scorpion, Silver Sable or Prowler, among others, will be featured.
* MUA 2!!!! Including the Xbox 360 voices!!!! That, combined with the PS2 ones, may provide a huge quantity of source material for both Marvel and original characters.

It'll take me a while to organize this, so don't expect a lot of updates soon, but I'll be uploading two XML packs I've done (Blob and Blink) in the near future. Besides, I don't want to hurry myself, so expect one pack per week at best. But I think I'd better keep it constant than inconsistent, like I've been known to be.

Glad to be back, and hoping to regain contact with some good ol' pals from here, like Crimson or Benton.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 11, 2010, 02:44:23 PM
Aaaaand, once again, I'm back.

Glad to be back, and hoping to regain contact with some good ol' pals from here, like Crimson or Benton.

Glad to have you back, Sledge...

Looking forward to your releases and your new site website.

I'm glad you figured out how to crack Spider-Man Friend or Foe.. lots of great characters to pull from in that game.

And definitly great news that you unlocked the XBOX360 version of MUA2. :thumbup:

And maybe if I ask nicely I can talk with you about getting voices from the XBOX360 version of Dead Rising and Destroy All Humans Path Of The Furon?

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Sledgehammer

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 11, 2010, 08:49:32 PM
And maybe if I ask nicely I can talk with you about getting voices from the XBOX360 version of Dead Rising and Destroy All Humans Path Of The Furon?

No guarantees, Crimson. But I'll try to acquire those games and see what I can do.

Spider-Man FoF will provide voices for Black Cat, Prowler, Sandman (the VA doing an uncanny impression of Thomas Haden Church, which is awesome), Venom/Eddie Brock, Green Goblin, Silver Sable, Iron Fist, Scorpion, Doctor Octopus, Rhino, Lizard (oddly, he's portrayed as an ally, a noble and polite gentleman) and New Goblin.

Spider-Man too, but the VA is the same one that did Iceman for XML II/MUA, and he sounds EXACTLY the same. I'll add him just for variety. The other playable is Blade, done by the same voice actor that did him in MUA. Maybe I'll just combine both games and release a larger version of him.

Quote from: electro on February 12, 2010, 08:31:33 AM
Welcome back Sledge :blink:

Thanks, Electro! :) Nice to see you around here too. You've been very supportive of my work in the past, and I appreciate it. Hopefully, my following releases will satisfy you as well.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 12, 2010, 05:44:35 PM
No guarantees, Crimson. But I'll try to acquire those games and see what I can do.

Thanks Sledge.. the easy way might be renting the games from Blockbuster or someplace if you are will to experiment one day. Oh, You don't have to do the actual sampling of the voices as long as you can extract the voice archives from the XBOX360 disc and then find someway to send them my direction. I am collecting so many various voice packs from the Destroy All Humans games and then they only release the third game for XBOX360 and Wii which annoyed me greatly.

All those voices from Spider-Man Friend or Foe definitly sounds like it should solve our problem for Spidey's rogues gallery in voice packs.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Sledgehammer

UPDATE!

sh_blink and sh_blob are released.

Blink is a little too timid and scared for my liking, but XML II portrayed her that way. Her personality is closer to her 616 counterpart.

Blob is your typical obese guy, very agressive. The pack is filled with puns related to his size.

To download them, access my brand new website, the Freedom Force Voicepack Center:
http://ffvc.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

cmdrkoenig67

Snazzy website, SH...Glad you're back (your front too...LOL!).

Dana  :P

electro

Ya gotta love the Blob - I might have to go to walmart & pick up a cheep microphone just to record some huffing, puffing, & weezing sounds to add some Feet sounds kinda like Manbot's - So Blob can really shine in all his obese glory :blink:

Sledgehammer

UPDATE!

sh_mystique has been released.

Mystique is a true cold-blooded assassin with no remorse, who actually enjoys her work. Belittles her opponents quite frequently. Best suited for merciless criminals.

To download it, access my website, the Freedom Force Voicepack Center:
http://ffvc.web.officelive.com