News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom United

Started by Vertex, February 12, 2009, 08:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

Freedom United

Back in December a few of us began discussing the need for alternative forums from Freedom Reborn again. The NPI forums were a great alternative from the atmosphere at FR and allowed many of us to have open conversations about whatever topic we wanted, ranging from sex, politics and religion to honest feedback and critique on skins, meshes and MODs. So, we got to work on creating a new forum to fill that void.

Vertex's ideas guided the development of the forum. The System Administrator built the forum to his specifications and IPS donated his web hosting space to give it a home.

We've combined a few ideas from past forums that we all liked and created a place we think everyone can enjoy. The hope is that this new forum is a place where people can say things in any manner they like (cussing is allowed) and feel safe from retaliation. We have a "Thunderdome" that is not for the weak of heart. All posts directed AT someone are to be made THERE and only there. If you don't wish to see anything negative.. that's the one topic area you don't visit. Anything negative and hostile will immediately be moved to that topic.

There is no baggage at Freedom United. Everyone starts with a clean slate. No bans or discipline action from Freedom Reborn will be in effect at Freedom United. Everyone is welcome, without exceptions.

Your current moderation team will be community leader HouseQuake, meshing veteran Vertex and modding master C4. You probably won't need to rely on these guys much due to the adult atmosphere at Freedom United though.

So, we are pleased to announce the opening of the Freedom United forums.

http://www.freedom-united.com/

General Features

- Built and run by community members for the community.
- The ONLY forum exclusively dedicated to Freedom Force.
- Discussion-centric design philosophy. This approach makes community users and their discussions the focus of the forum and it's features.
- Adult atmosphere. Mutual respect for all people and ideas is the theme on these forums. Discuss adult topics like sex, politics and religion without being parented or attacked for your views.
- Created with creators in mind. Get real honest feedback like you use to on other alternative community boards and give feedback without worrying about hurting someone's ego.

Board Features

- Attractive (non-forum-typical) "next generation" Ajax-enabled interface.
- Member profile public "walls". These will let you leave messages on your friends' walls just like on Facebook. This is great for co-coordinating when you will be online next to work on that MOD.
- Comic Vine pull list. Add your lists to your member profile page so you can let everyone know what you are reading.
- Gravatar.com universal avatar icons. Signup for free and have a universal avatar icon in your profile at the forum and anywhere that uses the Gravatar system.
- Integrated chat built right into the forum so you can easily take that conversation live!
- Streamlined discussion categories designed to integrate all creators into one group instead of dividing the community into groups and from eachother.
- Thunderdome enabled! Good ideas never die! If you've got a beef with someone, no moderator is going to parent you or ban you, they'll just tell the two of you to resolve it in the Thunderdome like adults!
- Multi-language support! We haven't taught the members to speak new languages but English, Catalan, Italian, Greek, French, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese can all be setup for your forum preference.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Vertex

Well ladies and gentlemen...

I figured I'd clear the air about Freedom United and let everyone know where the forum stands.  I had VERY high hopes about the forum and presenting a new angle on the whole Freedom Force creation aspect. I was really getting worked up on what I was gonna be able to achieve with it, was working trying to get the freedom wiki moved over to link to it and make it a real creative hub.

I know a lot of people are furious with IPS and have every right to be. Join the club... guy kept telling me he was giving me the space to try to put some new life in this old girl we call FF. Instead what he ended up doing, was shooting me in the back as he blasted the Freedom Reborn forum for payback. I know what I was trying to get started woulda been good but now it's just a waste. I'm completely drained by what went down and how it ended up looking to everyone and apparently I was the only one too blind to see I was making a deal with the devil.

This being said, I've spoken to IPS and he's set it up with his space provider to break off the forum from his control to mine. The forum's space and bandwidth is pre-paid for at least a year so I'll leave it up for anybody that feels like using it as a playground. I've already spoken to HG to not bother modding it anymore and just let it go however it ends up.

To any who resent Freedom United and think it was just some sham to draw people away from FR... well I can assure you on my part it wasn't. This being said I just wanna apologize to the community for the ... impression it gave everyone and reassure any people still wondering that it was (on my part) a realy hope to add something new. This has all been a lesson to me on blind altruism and I guess being as stubborn as I am it ended up as it had to, learning the hard way. Anyways to those who attempted to support Freedom United I thank you and wanna let ya know I appreciated the support.

See ya in the funny pages folks,
                                                                                                                                                                    Bobby
cause I don't know squat

Vertex

UPDATE:

Talked with IPS about the seperation, it's not going through and now he's sole "owner" of FU since I gave it up. Also I hear from IPS he's launching another attack to Lunar pages trying to shut FR down. So... stand by for heavy seas folks it's not over yet.  I ask that none of you go near FU cause it's not a place to be.
cause I don't know squat

herodad1

man...he really has revenge issues.thats a sad way to be. :thumbdown:

AfghanAnt

I'm sorry if you felt I was going after you or FU with my comment over there. I was very annoyed and in all honesty I really liked the place but I could not bring myself to post there anymore with it being on IPS domain.

herodad1

couldnt someone send a letter to lunar pages explaining the problem FR is having with him?i like this forum and everyone here.dont want it to fall to the seige of our very own LOKI.

BentonGrey

Well, there's another knife in VX's back.  This would be comical if it wasn't so sad.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Quote from: herodad1 on March 14, 2009, 05:57:20 PM
couldnt someone send a letter to lunar pages explaining the problem FR is having with him?i like this forum and everyone here.dont want it to fall to the seige of our very own LOKI.

No, it is totally Dr Doom. Loki would have been slick about it.

The_Baroness

considering the intelectual finesse of this.... seems more like uhmmm doomsday?

cryonic2099

Vertex, I'm sorry to here how things wound up with Freedom United. It had tons of potential. I love what you tried to do and am really sorry it had to end this way. Maybe, in time you'll find another way to manifest your dream.

Spring Heeled Jack

As usual, I missed something.

Um. What'd I miss?