No Heroics Coming To ABC

Started by The Hitman, February 11, 2009, 08:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

The British comedy about superheroes is being remade for the 'States:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090211/tv_nm/us_heroics

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter
Written by "Will & Grace" alum Jeff Greenstein and original show creator Drew Pearce, "No Heroics" is about a group of superheroes with less-than-formidable powers who hang out at a bar.

I dunno, guys. I like the premise (sounds a lot like Mystery Men), but can see this floundering.

detourne_me

i really liked what i saw of the original.  i don't understand why networks in the states feel the need to remake the shows,  just import in the episodes.

bredon7777

I don't see how.  I LOVED the British version (and Electroclash was a total babe); but it was incredibly, un-repentingly filthy.

Far too filthy to show on ABC, and a remake will only water it down (a la the horrible American Red Dwarf pilot)
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

daglob

Quote from: detourne_me on February 12, 2009, 02:11:38 AM
i really liked what i saw of the original.  i don't understand why networks in the states feel the need to remake the shows,  just import in the episodes.

Because, despite the relative popularity of The Avengers, Dr. Who, Secret Agent Man, Blake's 7, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Benny Hill, Are You Being Served, Red Dwarf, The Prisoner, various incarnations of The Saint, (rumors in some markets of Sapphire and Steel and Adam Adamant), and assorted other British TV shows, most network executives don't believe that Americans "get" British television. They also think they know best about American TV too: they once tried to tell Earle Stanley Gardner how to do Perry Mason...

Did you ever see the episode of Benny Hill with The She Hulk?