News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Reformed (Bug Thread)

Started by C4, February 03, 2009, 05:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4

I just got something from a player in private. If the camera is doing the Kuertee first person over the shoulder thing then we indeed have a new problem.

I removed this to retain my own camera work but now it seems somehow it is not listening. So if you have this please let me know. If you don't actually still let me know.

M25

I downloaded the mod to check out the camera issue.

It works fine for me.  Nice camera work.

C4

Thank you for that M25.  ^_^
Maybe its just an issue on that player's system.

C4

QuoteI suspect the game shouldn't gfo this way:  After the mod starts, there's no intro, I find 2 duplicate heroes in Johannesburg, 1 atop a skyscraper, one in the balck area off the map.  Thee's no objectives and after finding a rare enemy, nothing really happens.
Any help?

The answers are in this thread. Basically you need to download the update 1.1 on the same download page.

Lemme know if that does not sort you out.

splunge

Swing and a miss.  I already had it installed.  In case I mucked it up, I reapplied the patch and still have the same doubled hero, one off the map in the black area.

C4

Strange. You sure you installed the update in the right folder?

Post up a script.log (Its in your FFvTHR folder)  Then I can identify the problem

splunge

I believe it installed correctly. 
I'm really starting to suspect there's something really wierd going on.  I can't get FFX2.6 for the original game to run, FFX3 for FFvTR I'm not convinced is working and several mods seem to be acting odd (Ultimate x-men, Patriot City, Reformed for FFvTR as well as spider-man, The Strangers for FF). 
Are there different versions of python?  Could there be some conflict there?

Here's my scriptlog for FFVTR (was also trying Patriot City mod):

>>> system/init.py executed
>>> system/localinit.py executed
>>> system\tredir.py executed
loading datfiles version 0.256000
loading cshelper ...
Starting ffx.py v. 3.3.1 build 0; branch = main release update
Loading m25ai.py v. 3.3.0 build 3; branch = Gold v.3.3 with Patch
importing missionobjvar.py v1.20
importing MLOG Reader 1.0.23
Starting General Utilities 1.0.1
missionobjvar(FixLongs): Fixing overflow issue with <SCSTATE_BUOYANT>
missionobjvar defining functions for Campaign play.
Loading m25cutscene.py v.3.2.0 final; May 27, 2007
CustomHeadCurrentTime 1237991620.343000
Starting Height Check module 1.4
Starting System Utilities 1.5
OBJECTS_HEIGHT: 604 entries
NIF_OBJECTS: 482 entries
BUILDINGS_IN_OBJECTS_DAT: 30 entries
BUILDING_DIMENSIONS: 30 entries
Starting skXMapInfo.py  v 0.79 beta
skXMapInfo: m25ai available
Loading m25aiopt.py v.3.2.0 final; branch = swingman 4
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <trainer> has more than one entry for attribute <mass>, values 0.000000 and 0.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <pat_dream_fog_effect> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <nazihq_storage_crate> has more than one entry for attribute <castShadow>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <ff_computer> has more than one entry for attribute <throwable>, values 0.000000 and 0.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <dark_shaman> has more than one entry for attribute <prestige>, values 30.000000 and 50.000000
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 8, in ?
    from ffx import *
  File "C:\Program Files\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 20917, in ?
    pluginsFiles = importPlugins(pluginsRootFolder = "missions\\scripts\\ffxplugins")
  File "C:\Program Files\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 20905, in importPlugins
    except WindowsError:
NameError: WindowsError

Contrary to the trouble I seem to be having with FF and FFvTR mods, I've successfully played 100+ mods in Morrowind and played (and made simple) mods for Civ3, so I have a small clue.  Thansk for the assist!

C4

you need to load up Reformed mod, then after exiting that give me your script.log.

That is for Pat City. What version of FFX for  :ffvstr: are you on?

splunge

Sorry- to save space on the forum, I changed it above. 
Interstingly enough, I think my realtime spyware blocker is blocking ffxexe.  Version 3.3, I believe.
I'm disabling it and trying it again....

Update- I still get a doubled Avian and no objectives/intro, but with Spyware Terminator suspended, I'm getting FFX3 atributes working!

C4

Put up the new Script.log after the spyware disabling

splunge

Here it is:
>>> system/init.py executed
>>> system/localinit.py executed
>>> system\tredir.py executed
loading datfiles version 0.256000
loading cshelper ...
Starting ffx.py v. 3.3.1 build 0; branch = main release update
Loading m25ai.py v. 3.3.0 build 3; branch = Gold v.3.3 with Patch
importing missionobjvar.py v1.20
importing MLOG Reader 1.0.23
Starting General Utilities 1.0.1
missionobjvar(FixLongs): Fixing overflow issue with <SCSTATE_BUOYANT>
missionobjvar defining functions for Campaign play.
Loading m25cutscene.py v.3.2.0 final; May 27, 2007
CustomHeadCurrentTime 1237994223.859000
Starting Height Check module 1.4
Starting System Utilities 1.5
OBJECTS_HEIGHT: 604 entries
NIF_OBJECTS: 482 entries
BUILDINGS_IN_OBJECTS_DAT: 30 entries
BUILDING_DIMENSIONS: 30 entries
Starting skXMapInfo.py  v 0.79 beta
skXMapInfo: m25ai available
Loading m25aiopt.py v.3.2.0 final; branch = swingman 4
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <trainer> has more than one entry for attribute <mass>, values 0.000000 and 0.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <pat_dream_fog_effect> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <nazihq_storage_crate> has more than one entry for attribute <castShadow>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <ff_computer> has more than one entry for attribute <throwable>, values 0.000000 and 0.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <dark_shaman> has more than one entry for attribute <prestige>, values 30.000000 and 50.000000
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 8, in ?
    from ffx import *
  File "C:\Program Files\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 20917, in ?
    pluginsFiles = importPlugins(pluginsRootFolder = "missions\\scripts\\ffxplugins")
  File "C:\Program Files\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 20905, in importPlugins
    except WindowsError:
NameError: WindowsError

C4

Still the same error hey..... well since it is exactly the same error as u get in Patriot City I would guess its FFX related and not a spesific mod related. But I will see if I can find what that is about.

Edit:
I managed to recreate the error. In your Reformed/Missions/Scripts folder there must be a folder named ffxplugins. yours are either missing or corrupt. I removed my ffxplugins folder and that gave me your exact error.

You might want to check your FFX3/Missions/Scripts as well for ffxplugins

splunge

Thanks.
How big is the folder?  I can try a reinstall and see if it fixes it, but if it's small, can you send it as an email attachment?

Epimethee

From a look at the code, I can confirm that this should be the initial source of the error. (The NameError, however, seems to indicate that I had additional Python for Windows extensions, as apparently FF's version of Python 1.5 didn't support this. Sigh. Sorry guys.)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

splunge

Epimethee,
Pardon my ignorance.  Was your reply related to the problem I was having?  If so can you "dumb it down" for me?

C4, how do I fix a corrupt ffxplugins folder?

Epimethee

Splunge : My fault for being quite obscure. Just confirming C4's diagnostic (not that any confirmation was needed) and pointing the bug in my code responsible for it. If you have FFX 3.3 installed, you can simply copy the ffx3\missions\scripts\ffxplugins\ folder to the Reformed\missions\scripts folder.

Hey, wait. Is your path really "C:\Program Files\Reformed' rather than "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Reformed"?
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

C4

The first thing would be do you have the FFXPlugins folder in the two places I mentioned?

QuoteHey, wait. Is your path really "C:\Program Files\Reformed' rather than "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Reformed"?

That is something else to make sure of

splunge

Swing and a miss...
I uninstalled completely Reformed and FFvTR.  I reinstalled both (including Reformed patch) and FFX3.  Tried-same bug.  I copied over the ffxplugins folder from ffx and pasted into reformed, replacing as needed.  Still no go.
Yes, Reformed installed into its own folder rather than into FFvTR.

Previsionary

Quote from: splunge on March 29, 2009, 02:32:45 AM
Swing and a miss...
I uninstalled completely Reformed and FFvTR.  I reinstalled both (including Reformed patch) and FFX3.  Tried-same bug.  I copied over the ffxplugins folder from ffx and pasted into reformed, replacing as needed.  Still no go.
Yes, Reformed installed into its own folder rather than into FFvTR.

The Reformed folder should go "inside" of the FFVTTR folder.
Disappear when you least expe--

splunge

Yay!  That fixed it!
Awsome graphics by the way!

Thanks everyone for the help!