News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Restoring FX after an FFX upgrade

Started by Failed_Hero, February 01, 2009, 10:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

I have downloaded FFX 3.3.  I did this to A) upgrade and B) get fresh set of text files.  I was hoping to not have to place all of my added fx back into FFedit, is the a way to save the previous work there.  Then we can get back to work figuring out why these attribute combo's aren't working
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

stumpy

[I am going to split this as a separate topic, since that might get the attention of others who may know more about restoring FX after an FFX upgrade.]

Before doing anything, make a copy of your DATs in case something doesn't work right.

I think you can just use FFEdit's "Merge DATs" feature to do this. Choose the FX.DAT from your new FFX install as the DAT to merge to, and choose the FX.DAT from your previous FFX install (where you had the extra FX) as the DAT to read from. That should add those extra FX back to your new FFX mod.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Epimethee

Just to nitpick, ideally, I would suggest writing from the most recent FFX version' dat to the older one with the customizations. This way, if the newest FFX fixed problems in the  dat, it will overwrite the old unpatched version rather than the other way around.

Obviously, when working like this, you'll need to move dat files around, however.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Failed_Hero

Thanks to both of you, I got this working, on top of that, I got my scripts to work.  Now I can create character specific combo's for my original character's and assign a fair price for them.  Ranging from a simple minion sweet to my most powerfully characters, thanks for all the help.
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?