EZ Script Villain won't go down after interrogation

Started by jimmito2004, February 01, 2009, 08:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmito2004

First of all thank you for the update M25. I'm starting to get the hang of EZ script a little by little, I unfortunately am still having some minor wtf moments. I made it to the point in my story where after defeating the enemies in an interrogation encounter and then interrogating the villain, the villain loses the last 4 hit points of life he has left but doesn't ko and the rest of the story will not progress. This is what the script looks like:

Encounter: Boss Fight
Type: Interrogation
Villains: power_ring, professor_radiant
Minions: manhunter_robot
Next: Sinestro

Alert Cutscene:
Yellow arrow on Villain

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on villain1 to villain2
Villain1 says, "I can't believe this simple plan has already worked. The Green Lantern of Earth has already been captured and many more are sure to follow."
Villain2 turns to Villain1
Villain2 says, "Yes and once he gathers enough of them and sets his plans in motion, we'll each rule our own quadrant of the universe."
Minion turns to Villain1
Minion says, "My sensors indicate an incoming Green Lantern power ring signature."
Cinematic camera on Hero to Villain1
Hero says, "Sorry to ruin you're plans but nobody's ruling nothing. You're gonna regret messing with my friend."
Villain1 turns to Hero
Villain1 says, "How did you get past the Manhunters!?"
Villain2 turns to Hero
Villain2 says, "It doesn't matter just kill him!"

Interrogation Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on Villain
Villain says, "Huhhnnggg,,,it's not over yet...Sinestro will defeat you."
Hero says, "Sinestro? Great what is he up to now?"
Villain says, "You fool... OA is under attack as we speak..."

Encounter: Sinestro
Type: Fight
Villains: sinestro
Minions: manhunter_robot
Allies: guy_gardner

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on Villain

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on Villain
Villain says, "Kilowog! You don't stand a chance I've become far more powerful since the last time we met!"
guy_gardner says, "Hey! Hope I didn't miss out on all the action!"
Hero says, "Nope, just in time. OA's in danger but I'll explain later."
Hero moves to Villain
Hero says, "How do you like your chances now forehead?"

End Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, "Thanks for the assist Guy."
guy_gardner says, "Anyday I get to beat on old ulgy over there is a good day."
Hero turns to guy_gardner, "Lets grab Hal and hurry back to OA, we've got a problem, I'll explain on the way."
Fade for 2 seconds

Please let me know if you have ever had the same thing happen or see why this is not working. Thank you for your time.

M25

I checked, and the code appears to be working.

Look in the script.log file in the main FFVTTR directory and see if there are any errors in it  (you'll see a Traceback... that indicates an error)  Or just post the whole thing if it is short.

What attributes does power_ring have?

BentonGrey

*hint: Go to edit, search, and search for "error" without the quotes.*

Ohh, by the way, it may be that EZScript is getting confused by the fact that you are calling Villain1, Villain2, and Villain.  It doesn't like things like that.  Try naming the villain in the interrogation scene Villain1. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

M25

Actually, it's fine as is.  You have to be consistent within a cutscene, but each cutscene is handled independently. 

jimmito2004

Hey guys thanks for the response. I checked for the traceback like you said M25 and found this:

ENCOUNTER: -- custom check end EncCustom_VillainsFight_CheckEnd(2) - None
ENCOUNTER: -- custom check end EncCustom_AlliesFightVillains_CheckEnd(2) - ['no allies']
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "D:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 6811, in OnEShield
    Object_PlayEffect(char,fx,'',0,0,bodyPart[randint(0,4)])
RuntimeError: Object_PlayEffect(): Effect NIF not found - effect_ffx_energysparks

GROUP: '2_minion' member koed
ENCOUNTER: PlayEncCutscene(): 'm25obj_2kocs' : None
ENCOUNTER: PlayCutsceneFromList(): None : None ... [['m25obj_2', 'fallen']]
ENCOUNTER: PlayEncCutscene(): 'manhunter_robotkocs' : None
ENCOUNTER: PlayEncCutscene(): 'minionkocs' : None
ENCOUNTER: -- custom check end EncCustom_VillainsFight_CheckEnd(2) - None
ENCOUNTER: -- custom check end EncCustom_AlliesFightVillains_CheckEnd(2) - ['no allies']
GROUP: '2_minion' leader koed
GROUP: 'm25obj_4' automatically promoted to leader of group '2_minion'
GROUP: 'm25obj_4' made leader of group '2_minion'
GOAL: Removing goal Goal_Guard( from character m25obj_4
GOAL: Removing goal Goal_Guard( from character m25obj_6
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_Guard(1005,'m25obj_4',19) to character m25obj_6
GOAL: Removing goal Goal_Guard( from character m25obj_8
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_Guard(1006,'m25obj_4',19) to character m25obj_8
GROUP: '2_minion' set to guard 'm25obj_4'
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_StayWithTeam(1007,20) to character m25obj_4
  File "D:\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 6811, in OnEShield
RuntimeError: Object_PlayEffect(): Effect NIF not found - effect_ffx_energysparks

GROUP: '2_minion' member koed

I'm assuming the two tracebacks and runtimerrors are the same problem. And I'm not sure what energysparks thing is about.

M25

FFX is looking for effect_ffx_energysparks and not finding the fx file.  That isn't causing the problem though.

I think the energy shield is preventing the character from being ko'd when they reach 0 health.  I'll see if I can fix that.

jimmito2004

Yeah I think it is definitely the energy shield attribute because I was able to complete the interrogation encounter and move on after switching out power_ring and adding doctor_light. But if you could make a patch that fixed it so characters with energy shield could be used for interrogation scenes that would be great!  :D

BentonGrey

Hmm, that's an odd hiccup.  Glad you found a way around it Jimmito!  I'm looking forward to playing this adventure when you finish it, :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/