News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZ script trouble with Ally Cutscene

Started by jimmito2004, January 29, 2009, 11:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmito2004

Hey guys I'm having trouble getting the Ally thanks Hero Cutscene or Ally Lost Custscene. Usually my ally Hal gets knocked out but when I finish off the other minions no cutscene happens and the next encounter begins. Here is what my Save Civilian encounter looks like:

Encounter: Captive Hal
Type: Save Civilian
Starts when: Manhunter Fight at End, Interrogate Minion at End
Minions: manhunter_robot
Allies: hal_jordan
Next: Boss Fight

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on Ally

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on Minion
Minion says, "Your death will finally set our masters plan into motion."
Ally says, "I think he might have something to say about that."

Ally Thanks Hero Cutscene:
Ally says, "You came just in time old friend. Whoever lured us here is planning something big. We have to find out more, I don't know how much help I'll be with my power ring dead."
Hero says, "No problem, you just sit tight poozer, I'll find out what we're dealing with."

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Hero says, "No! Hal! You'll pay for that!"

I can't figure out how to get the cutscenes to work. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

GogglesPizanno

You might try the fix from the interrogation issue in your other post and add a Villain to the encounter. Its possible that the bug M25 mentioned might carry over to this one as well.

BentonGrey

That shouldn't be it...but EZScript DOES like villains a bit better than minions.  What I do when I can't figure out what is wrong with a certain cutscene, is try removing a line at a time until it works.  I've found a lot of small errors that way.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

M25

You know, I tested these things, but I must not have paid attention to the results.

Anyway,  I've put out an update to EZ script that collects various fixes.  Find it at:

http://ezscript.wikispaces.com/EZ+Script+Updates

Edit:

The Ally Thanks Hero part is working.  The ally gets an attention maker over his/her head and you need to go talk to them (click on them).  They'll also try to come to you if they are able.