News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Reformed

Started by C4, January 29, 2009, 07:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=47144.0 - Archive of the old thread

So I am gearing up for a first episode release this Sunday.

There is bad news in that the voice acting will not be included. But the good news is that it is not cancelled it will just be updated with future releases.

Check this space for a number of stuff coming your way.  

crimsonquill

Very much looking forward to it's release...  :thumbup:

I love the style and feeling that you are going for in the Mod.

Sunday can't get here any quicker.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

detourne_me

Excellent,   I'm really looking forward to this new universe of characters.

The_Baroness

Gremlin

miguelyanke

C4

I just finished the readme credits. Everything still look to be on for today will post progress.

QuotePosted by: miguelyanke 
Insert Quote
C4 I'd love to see somethin new!!

I'll put something up  :D

C4

Sorry people everything is packaged and ready to go but right now I am not getting the file uploaded.

Will try tommorrow.

Gremlin

Volsung

What about splitting the file in smaller parts?

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

BentonGrey

Hey C4, I just wanted to say I'm really excited about this!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

C4

QuoteWhat about splitting the file in smaller parts?

It's not that big. Its 123mb in an exe file installer.

That is not the problem. Firstly I am not getting connected to Cat's site via FTP

Status:   Connected with freedomforceforever.com. Waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220 FTP Server ready.
Command:   USER groupthree
Response:   331 Password required for groupthree
Command:   PASS ********
Response:   530 Login incorrect.
Error:   Unable to connect!

And secondly I have not been able to log into 0catch (starlocks site for four days now) so both my options is screwed right now.

I am busy researching what can be the problem.

BentonGrey

I don't think groupthree actually exists.  Try connecting to the branch beneath it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Vertex

Quote from: ips on February 02, 2009, 06:34:09 PM
i can offer you hosting. i have plenty of space.

Don't listen to him!! He wants to steal  your stuff!
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI don't think groupthree actually exists.

It does.  Well, kind of, in that that is the unique last part of the account username.  You lopped off the rest of it.

I now know what the problem is.  I'll be pming you.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

C4

It is uploading to IPS' site. Should be up in roughly an hour and half.

UnkoMan

I have been sitting here, patiently waiting for this to be up, not saying anything...

But man, the anticipation is killing me! I need a link as soon as possible.

C4

http://ya-media.com/reformed/index.html

There we are.

A few important points. The mod has a PG rating. I am sure it does not deserve a 2-13 rating but I do think parents with small children might want to look at it first.

I highly suggest playing with character shadows turned off and with pause on superslowmo setting.

You will see it is an exe installer that has program files/Reformed listed as defualt install. For UK and US reason choose your default install folder with /Reformed still at the end. There is exe shortcuts for both UK and US versions. 

Something people might be eager to see in action is the flying melee combat. It is in here and working. Though in episode 1 there is no flying opponents yet for Avian to fight in air. You will most likely have to go into the rumble room and fight some fliers in there. I will most likely put up a rumble room mission addition with some air combat. Also I will appreciate as much as possible playtesting on it. Since I have toyed with it and sometimes he does land. I would like to pinpoint why and when this happens.

Gremlin

OH if only I was home right now! Cursed university!

Volsung

I quibble a little^^ But the credits are not completely accurate.
Concerning thugs I scavengered some games to get their weapons (Like vampire redemption, Kingpin (obviously) and even the old counter strike a think...)
And even if I altered some shapes, cut some edges or added some polygons all the kingpin related models got the kingpin's meshes as a base.
My merit is almost non-existent. And that stuff is actually edited/ripped/Stolen? from real games.
At that time it was a way to get a quick/easier result and keep some homogeneity. (So long ago^^ I wonder if we saved that much time^^)
I'd prefer that the community retain my works on the main characters that is 100% my own art.

Now that I remember, I painted Vista's skin over a skin made by Unkoman.

edit: By the way... Am I dreaming? Reformed got an episode actually released?!! :D

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

UnkoMan

Yes, the visuals are great. I love them.

I didn't have IPS's problem, but I did have Avian as the second character with no first character, right before the first fight. I saved it mid-game though, and got killed later. When I reloaded, Avian was in the right place.

Anyhow, though I don't play the game much, since it hella slows down my computer, I will be looking forward to trudging my way through this one. Might even inspire me to get into a couple other mods I've been meaning to play but held off on.

The_Baroness

I m really loving the visuals.... and sadly having the same problem as ips

GogglesPizanno

There is a small problem in the cshelper.py file that the mod came with.
To fix it,

Go to <mod directory>/missions/scripts/
Open up the cshelper.py file in a text editor.

Around line 334 is the following code:

if len(minion) == 0:
        #print "GetNearestMinion(): There are no minions or villains left alive!"
return minion

It's missing the proper indentation on the return code (breaks python).
Change it to:

if len(minion) == 0:
        #print "GetNearestMinion(): There are no minions or villains left alive!"
        return minion

There is still an issue for me with the start cutscene after the intro, but it looks like a problem with the CS code having an extra variable.
As soon as Im done with dinner (and no one else comments on it, I'll look at it)

Gremlin

I was having IPS's problem and I fixed it, but after the blackout sequence there's no intro to the first mission. I just spawn on the rooftop and see the goon and the civilian, standing there. I swooped around the map, beat up the thug and the Centurion, but still nothing happened.

BentonGrey

Howdy C4, I've only just barely started playing this, but I am already thoroughly enjoying it!  The visuals, as others have said, are astounding.  I'm hooked.
God Bless

C4

Hmmm interesting how you have this stuff playtested and think its perfect but then find so many problems still.

I wonder if my playtesters where all UK owners or what. Prev what country are you?

Anyway let me fix this stuff up for you guys. I really hate when this things happen since it normally allows players to see things they are not supposed to see but well what can you do.

Yes maybe I will open a bug thread.

Quotefirst impression... that's one seriously intense installation experience. =O

ok so the visuals are awesome. map perfect. meshes/skins perfect.

Heh what is intense about the installation experience? And I am glad you guys like the visuals and mood. Just frustrated that there is errors.

There has to be some one with no errors though? Because I don't understand this not showing up with the playtesters..... Volsung have you played the public release?

Previsionary

hey c4, I'm glad you finally got this released. I probably won't be able to play it for awhile, but I'm sure it's been greatly improved since I played the beta version. Gratz, yeah? ^_^
Disappear when you least expe--

The_Baroness

ok..i played it.... and there is one little thing that bothers me greatly.... it is something that can't be overlooked....

I WANT MORE!!!!!

GREAT JOB...is reaaally great ^^

C4

QuoteI WANT MORE!!!!!

GREAT JOB...is reaaally great ^^

Thanks
Don't worry Episode 2 with 6 more missions including two where you can choose your team or even take custom characters is not that far away.

Quoteseriously. i'm dying for more. gimme gimme gimme ;-)

which reminds me i better finish off a couple things b4 i get all grabby lol

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You made it past the crash problem? what happened?  I hope not Mission_win() because the cutscene at the end of mission 3 is the best one.

Heh if you think this episode is cool wait for .....Catastrophe the final mission of episode 2.

Quoteand i love the gaseous form travel! how freakin awesome is that.

I love it to. The best is moving onto buildings and then off buildings to the ground. You really get that cloud move feeling like with sandman in spider-man 3 and I love it. I basically just load the mission and cloud move everywhere and use it in fights as creatively as I can  :P

Quotehey c4, I'm glad you finally got this released. I probably won't be able to play it for awhile, but I'm sure it's been greatly improved since I played the beta version. Gratz, yeah?

Thanks Prev. Jip big jump. You need to compare  :P

Xenolith

I'm having the same problem Gremlin had.

I like the city, it's really nice.  One of the bikes doesn't move though.  Is that supposed to happen?