News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Adding powers to FFX Control Center

Started by Failed_Hero, January 27, 2009, 01:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

Hey folks I've been building powers in FFedit, and I was wondering how to insert these powers into the FFX control center. Is this possible
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

TaskMasterX

Certain FFX Attributes use the Powers listed FFEdit as part of their customization. Are you trying to build a new attribute to use your created powers in FFEdit, or are you trying to get existing FFX attributes to use the powers you've created?

Failed_Hero

I was trying to add a created power to be used as a customization for telekinesis and super telekinesis

TaskMasterX

Ah. Then the new powers you created should automatically appear in the FFXCC customization for TK.

stumpy

Right, just make sure you used FFEdit to add the power to the right mod and then have the FFX Control Centre also set to that mod.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Failed_Hero

Got it working guys thanks a million, however, it only works if it is a direct attack? What's Up with That?

Failed_Hero

Ok Stumpy,  I have just downloaded FFX3.3.  This is to have fresh files and to upgrade FFX.  Do I need to manually transfer my (FFEdit) created powers and fx or is there a quicker way?  This way we can start fresh string, multi and needed files

stumpy

The method for transferring powers in FFEdit is similar to the one for FX (as per your other thread), but there may have been changes in the powers included with FFX and you don't want to overwrite those with an older version.

I think the proper way to do that is in two stages. First, merge the new powers.dat into the old one (select the old one first in FFEdit) and then merge the old one into the new one (select the new one first in FFEdit).

As always, make a backup of both files before starting.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg