News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Discussion

Started by Green Hornet, January 25, 2009, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Quote from: TaskMasterX on January 28, 2009, 04:38:37 AM
Whoah! Who's baiting? I read everything you've typed lately. I'm allowed to respond to it.

And if you want the truth to be known, yes, you did send me several PMs, most of which I replied too. Then you told me not to PM you anymore, then sent me offensive PMs after telling me that, and then blocked me from replying back via PM. How childish is that?

My pms were no more offensive or personal then the ones you sent. It is funny that you actually forgot to mention that I sent you one right after doing this (at the time I was beyond annoyed and hurt) apologizing and sticking out a olive branch only to have it smacked away. I'm done with talking to you in public,TMX. We obviously do not like each other and if you wish to continue to fight then at least have enough respect to pm me so other don't have to read this internet garbage.

tommyboy

OK, time out for you two.
You aren't communicating successfully.
You just disagree.You don't hate each other.
Please strive to agree to disagree for a little while, and perhaps swap partners with someone else in the argument waltz.
Please.
Odd for me to ask because I probably havent been terribly helpful myself.

Vertex

Quote from: tommyboy on January 28, 2009, 04:46:42 AM
Please strive to agree to disagree for a little while, and perhaps swap partners with someone else in the argument waltz.
Please.

okay .. umm tommy is it our turn now? everybody seems to be taking one.. if so.... here's my first go.

you mesh with purple crayons!
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

tommyboy

Quote from: Vertex on January 28, 2009, 04:48:45 AM
Please.

okay .. umm tommy is it our turn now? everybody seems to be taking one.. if so.... here's my first go.

Umm... you changed your name!
No, that was lame..
Sorry, I'm all hated out for today.
Catch me tomorrow before my first cup of coffee, and I'm sure I'll be my normal argumentative, sarcastic abrasive opinionated self.
I'll bring the purple crayons...

Vertex

Quote from: tommyboy on January 28, 2009, 04:53:18 AM
Quote from: Vertex on January 28, 2009, 04:48:45 AM
Please.

Umm... you changed your name!
No, that was lame..
Sorry, I'm all hated out for today.
Catch me tomorrow before my first cup of coffee, and I'm sure I'll be my normal argumentative, sarcastic abrasive opinionated self.
I'll bring the purple crayons...

This has been a test of the "have you managed to keep your sense of humor emergency signal. In the case of an actual loss of humor your brain would have exploded." thankfully you have passed. Wasn't sure you could after all that dreck.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Jakew

This thread =   :rolleyes:

For such clever, creative guys, the lack of communication skills around here recently is amazing.

I know petty childishness is part and parcel with internet forums, but I never thought I'd see all the squabbling, condescending, and name-calling here.

It's pretty obvious that people are just arguing for the sake of it at this point. Benton has left, I doubt anyone else is planning a mod after this poor reaction, so why are people still arguing? Boredom?

Hopefully a moderator will start cracking down on some of these pointlessly argumentitive posts before people just start leaving the forum and not coming back.  :(

catwhowalksbyhimself

Just popping in to say that I withdraw my statements about having a right vs. it not being right and so forth.  I believe that line of reasoning was wrong.

Nevertheless it is unfortunate that a passerby unwisely chose to reopen an argument after we had gained some peace.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

Just for the record, Benton isn't gone, and hopefully the community can start to heal.  Let bygones be bygones guys.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

For those who don't know, Benton and ips have come to an agreement, all parties are satisfied, so the argument is over.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 28, 2009, 05:36:28 PM
For those who don't know, Benton and ips have come to an agreement, all parties are satisfied, so the argument is over.

Seriously? I think that just made my internet day (it is still a long day)!

deano_ue

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BentonGrey

Haha, great TUE, I think that sums it up rather nicely!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 28, 2009, 10:53:19 PM
Haha, great TUE, I think that sums it up rather nicely!

You only say that because you think you look good in tights.  ;)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Gremlin

BentonGrey

That's it, now I do hate you all, and I am leaving the community forever!

Spoiler
*Note, this is in no way true, just so we're clear.
God Bless

Gremlin

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 29, 2009, 01:20:51 AM
That's it, now I do hate you all, and I am leaving the community forever!

:o

Spoiler
*Note, this is in no way true, just so we're clear.

:D

Podmark

Well things do seem to have cooled down considerably today. I haven't seen much in the way of personal attacks and aggressive posting compared to earlier. So this is great news and I hope we can put this ugliness behind us.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Gremlin

Quote from: ips on January 29, 2009, 05:39:26 AM
who are you calling ugly?!

We all know that everyone in the...adult entertainment industry is extremely attractive. I doubt you have much to worry about. =p

USAgent

Quote from: Gremlin on January 29, 2009, 06:31:29 AM

We all know that everyone in the...adult entertainment industry is extremely attractive. I doubt you have much to worry about. =p

Ron Jeremy :blink:

Avalon

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 28, 2009, 10:42:50 PM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Off Topic---Why don't the nurses dress like that anymore? :banghead: I would be happy to stay in the hospital then. What a sad time we live in.

TaskMasterX

That's excellent news. I'm extremely happy for BG that he'll be able to release his mod. But, after finding out that the agreement was that BG add Missions to the Mod which use the extra content, which is what the people who spoke out against his mod wanted in the first place,(and it's the same choice in TommyBoy's Poll that only got 5% of the vote, while 85% of the vote (counting the "precedent" and the "it breaks no rule" choices) said it was okay to release it as is), so personally, I feel that all my energy and time to defend the DCUG as it was, and to defend content creators rights have all been a waste.
So, if the DCUG is just going to be released per the wishes of those that spoke out against it, then why did we have to go through days of agony arguing about it?
BG requested Polls. Well the two polls (AA's and TB's) have shown clearly what the majority thinks. And my Monopoly thread also shows that no one is concerned about a monopoly. So it would seem that the majority of the community is being ignored - another thing that is bothering me.

Quote from: BentonGreyWell, here we are again.  IPS, I'm afraid that I really can't say much more than I already have.  I appreciate the well considered way that you have presented your argument, and I certainly don't want to disregard it out of hand.  I also appreciate that you played the mod before coming to a conclusion, and that you acknowledge what this has been and continues to be for me.  I will try and make my case again, and then I'm going to make a request about how this be addressed in the future.
This is BG's opening response to IPS in the DCUG thread. In the last sentence he makes a request for how this will be addressed in the future. Many others have also requested that rules be documented to prevent this issue from occurring again. Well, everyone keeps saying that the discussion is over and to move on, but I still haven't seen any specific rules. What are the rules? IMO, this has reached the point, if not past the point, where an Admin should tell us what the rule is for this situation, so this issue can finally be put to rest.

tommyboy

Quote from: TaskMasterX on January 29, 2009, 04:22:40 PM
That's excellent news. I'm extremely happy for BG that he'll be able to release his mod. But, after finding out that the agreement was that BG add Missions to the Mod which use the extra content, which is what the people who spoke out against his mod wanted in the first place,(and it's the same choice in TommyBoy's Poll that only got 5% of the vote, while 85% of the vote (counting the "precedent" and the "it breaks no rule" choices) said it was okay to release it as is), personally, I feel that all my energy and time to defend the DCUG as it was, and to defend content creators rights have all been a waste.
So, if the DCUG is just going to be released per the wishes of those that spoke out against it, then why did we have to go through days of agony arguing about it?
BG requested Polls. Well the two polls (AA's and TB's) have shown clearly what the majority thinks. And my Monopoly thread also shows that no one is concerned about a monopoly. So it would seem that the majority of the community is being ignored - another thing that is bothering me.

Quote from: BentonGreyWell, here we are again.  IPS, I'm afraid that I really can't say much more than I already have.  I appreciate the well considered way that you have presented your argument, and I certainly don't want to disregard it out of hand.  I also appreciate that you played the mod before coming to a conclusion, and that you acknowledge what this has been and continues to be for me.  I will try and make my case again, and then I'm going to make a request about how this be addressed in the future.
This is BG's opening response to IPS in the DCUG thread. In the last sentence he makes a request for how this will be addressed in the future. Many others have also requested that rules be documented to prevent this issue from occurring again. Well, everyone keeps saying that the discussion is over and to move on, but I still haven't seen any specific rules. What are the rules? IMO, this has reached the point, if not past the point, where an Admin should tell us what the rule is for this situation, so this issue can finally be put to rest.

I think that we all wanted to enjoy a bit of peace and normalcy for a day or two.
For one thing, not all the votes are in on the polls. Some only visit infrequently, and even those who do visit may as yet be unaware of the polls, or undecided. I would like to hear from everyone if possible, even if that means it takes a few weeks. So please, be patient. I certainly haven't forgotten the need to have an agreed set of rules where everyone can consult them, nor, I suspect, have many others here.
We do still need to formulate a code or rules, but first need to get an idea of what the community wants, and the individual wishes and needs of the subset that is the creators. Again, that cannot be done overnight.

I don't think that you wasted anything defending the Mod. Or that anyone else did, for that matter.
I understand that the compromise solution on DCUG may not be to everyones taste, that is often the nature of compromise.
Bear in mind that Benton's original plans for the Mod included other creators and himself adding extra campaigns or missions, so I for one feel nothing has been lost, only some stuff added or moved forward. The Mod is to be released, as before, but with extra campaigns and missions not previously in it. I cannot see how anyone should feel robbed of anything by that.
I also fail to see any other way of moving forward, as IPS made it very clear he would not let it go, did not feel bound by my poll of the community. Short of my hunting him down and killing him, we would have just kept arguing, which would likely have kept Benton unwilling to release it, and if not "destroy the community11!" at least make some leave it.
Alternatively, we could have not bothered to defend it, the Mod would not get released and whatever was left of the community in the wake of that could continue under the benevolent protectorship of IPS.
I prefer the compromise.

I think there is merit in continued discussion on the subject of the rules, and thank you for bringing it back up.
But I also think that we should not rush this, and try to get as large and as much of a consensus as we can.

TaskMasterX

Quote from: tommyboy on January 29, 2009, 04:52:50 PM
I don't think that you wasted anything defending the Mod. Or that anyone else did, for that matter.
I understand that the compromise solution on DCUG may not be to everyones taste, that is often the nature of compromise.
I'm sorry, but I don't see a compromise. What is it the one's against the initial release, gave in on?

Quote from: tommyboy on January 29, 2009, 04:52:50 PMBear in mind that Benton's original plans for the Mod included other creators and himself adding extra campaigns or missions, so I for one feel nothing has been lost, only some stuff added or moved forward. The Mod is to be released, as before, but with extra campaigns and missions not previously in it. I cannot see how anyone should feel robbed of anything by that.
What I meant was a waste was the time and energy spent defending how BG released his mod. Of course he was going to add new campaigns in the future, but shouldn't he deserve to release it how he wanted to initially? And it wasn't just the DCUG's defense I feel wasted on, it's also the issue of content creator's rights.
Quote from: tommyboy on January 29, 2009, 04:52:50 PM
I also fail to see any other way of moving forward, as IPS made it very clear he would not let it go, did not feel bound by my poll of the community. Short of my hunting him down and killing him, we would have just kept arguing, which would likely have kept Benton unwilling to release it, and if not "destroy the community11!" at least make some leave it.
By BG requesting a Poll, I assumed he was going to base his decision on the polls, not the decisions of a select few.

JeyNyce

Okay Guys. The mods are getting complaints about some of the post here.  If this doesn't stop soon, The mods will be force to lock/ delete this topic.  Any questions feel free to email us.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

All that I will say about this is that I do believe it is important that was as a community do codify the rules pertaining to situations such as this.  I think that most content creators have made their views rather clear on the subject, but given my role as a nexus of the unpleasantness of the last month, I will steer clear of those discussions in large part.
God Bless