News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tommyboy's Mesh Release Thread V3.0

Started by tommyboy, January 24, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyboy

Quote from: Vertex on January 26, 2009, 08:03:13 PM
ladies and gentlemen..we have a winner!!

now would you like to hear something people have told me about my pants??

fix the knees.. so they are pants knees and not regular.. at least that's what they tell me.

..but...but..wouldn't that involve effort on my part?
You are right again, though.
I'm lazy and re-use my one half decent pants(trousers to us brits) texture over and over, except it has no knees to speak of. I really should put some in. Maybe tomorrow, I grow weary now....

Podmark

I like the new head for Creel. I might suggest pumping up the legs a bit, they look a little slim compared to the rest of the body.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Big improvement Tommy!  Creel looks DANGEROUS, and that Nite Owl looks awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: tommyboy on January 24, 2009, 08:52:13 PM
Heres something I knocked up today...

Going back and rereading this thread... I'm suddenly concerned about what you are doing to your meshes when we aren't looking....

tommyboy

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on January 29, 2009, 07:05:20 AM
Quote from: tommyboy on January 24, 2009, 08:52:13 PM
Heres something I knocked up today...

Going back and rereading this thread... I'm suddenly concerned about what you are doing to your meshes when we aren't looking....

Ahh, the myriad dangers and pitfalls of transatlantic communication.
:rolleyes:
Just don't tell me you are going to pat me on the fanny any time soon and we're good.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on January 26, 2009, 07:38:02 PM
okay did he absorb the kingpin... or did the kingpin EAT him?

I figured Kingpin was wearing a human coat.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I really like the way that you've been customizing the heads on the various meshes you've been releasing.  :thumbup:

tommyboy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 30, 2009, 06:52:51 PM
   I really like the way that you've been customizing the heads on the various meshes you've been releasing.  :thumbup:

Thnaks.
some characters sort of need custom geometry on the old noggin, some things just cannot be skinned.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: tommyboy on January 30, 2009, 06:57:05 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 30, 2009, 06:52:51 PM

Thnaks.
some characters sort of need custom geometry on the old noggin, some things just cannot be skinned.

Not only that, but it really shows the continuing improvement that you've shown in your meshing.

cmdrkoenig67

electro

WoW I've been wanting an Nite Owl 2 mesh ever since i started playing FF - I'll try my hand at making a skin for him since i'm bored & this mesh rocks :blink:

C4

That Nite Owl is really good. But what I would really like to see is his owl ship.

tommyboy

Quote from: C4 on February 08, 2009, 08:07:48 AM
That Nite Owl is really good. But what I would really like to see is his owl ship.
Thank you.
Yes, I had though of putting the owl ship in for flying/hover anims but wanted to just get the main mesh out first.
I'll have to see about that ship though....

Gremlin

C4

Quote from: tommyboy on February 08, 2009, 10:08:52 AM
Quote from: C4 on February 08, 2009, 08:07:48 AM
Thank you.
Yes, I had though of putting the owl ship in for flying/hover anims but wanted to just get the main mesh out first.
I'll have to see about that ship though....

Either that or mesh it separately for the driver code. Or add it to hover and release separately.
But either way exited to see it  ^_^

Cyber Burn

Hey Tom, hate to bother you, but I'm getting a bit of a glitch in CTool with Nite Owl. I havent had a chance to boot the game up yet though, but it does look fine in Nifskope. I'll re-download the mesh later to see if I just had a bad download. Is anyone else having this?

WyldFyre

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 09, 2009, 09:10:51 AM

Hey Tom, hate to bother you, but I'm getting a bit of a glitch in CTool with Nite Owl. I havent had a chance to boot the game up yet though, but it does look fine in Nifskope. I'll re-download the mesh later to see if I just had a bad download. Is anyone else having this?

I'm also getting it in CTool and NIFScope as well.
For Freedom!

daglob

It's either The Elongated Man or... A SKRULL!

I had a similar problem with Souix City Dynamo's F-Troop. I downloaded it, re-downloaded it,, converted it to FFv3R, DIDN'T convert it to FFv3R, mixed and matched converted and non-converted keyframes...

I hope that there is a simple solution.

tommyboy

OK, I just dl'd the version at my site and unpacked it.
In ctool2 I get the problem, but not in ctool1.
I ran it through EZnifconverter and in ctool2 the problem is still there.
I think I know whats causing it.
In order to give him his owl-like hooked nose I ran a "slice plane" through his head, but after the physique modifier in the stack, because I didn't want to screw up the uvmapping just before physique.
So I think one or more of the new vertexes in his head aren't physiqued properly, and although ctool and Max itself don't "care" about it, ctool2 is more sensitive.
I'll attempt to fix it..
My apologies for the inconvenience.

tommyboy

Well I did what was needed to fix it, and it seemed to work.
But I uploaded the "fixed" version, then downloaded it again and the problem is still there.
So I deleted it from the website, checked it was good locally and uploaded again, then downloaded and still has the problem.
If I open the remote version in Dreamweaver it works fine, but when I download in firefox I get a slightly larger character.nif.
The working one is 300,658 and the faulty one 302,266.
If anyone else can get the "good" one let me know, maybe my browser cache needs clearing or something.
Otherwise I'm stumped.

EDIT:
should be a working one up now.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: tommyboy on February 09, 2009, 05:45:16 PM

I'll attempt to fix it..

You have nothing to be sorry about, I just wanted to make sure the problem wasn't something I may have done. I appreciate you jumping on this so quickly too. I'm downloading it again now. Thanks.  :thumbup:

Edit: Just tried it in Ctool2 and it works fine without being converted. Thanks Tom. :thumbup:

tommyboy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 09, 2009, 06:12:52 PM
Quote from: tommyboy on February 09, 2009, 05:45:16 PM

I'll attempt to fix it..

You have nothing to be sorry about, I just wanted to make sure the problem wasn't something I may have done. I appreciate you jumping on this so quickly too. I'm downloading it again now. Thanks.  :thumbup:

Edit: Just tried it in Ctool2 and it works fine without being converted. Thanks Tom. :thumbup:
Thanks for the heads-up about the problem, and letting me know the fix works.

WyldFyre

Thanks for all you do T.  You make our little corner of the universe a fun place to play in.  And my new copy of Nite-Owl works great. Thanks for the fix.
For Freedom!

Podmark

Niteowl came out very nice Tommy. Cool to have a Watchmen mesh.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

tommyboy

Just popped in to check PM's etc.
I'm going to take a week or so further sabbatical from the Forum, for my own, and, I believe, the general good.
I hope to have some releases by then.

USAgent

Happy to have you back Tommy!  I'm defiantly looking forward to your next releases when you come back again, its always a treat to see what you come out with next.