News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tommyboy's Mesh Release Thread V3.0

Started by tommyboy, January 24, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyboy

So, here we go again, on several levels.
For anyone not leaving, despairing, seething, plotting or triumphant, I present
Kingpin_tf, a half-bottomed attempt to improve on my horrible old kingpin mesh:

http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Marvel%20meshes%20J-K.html

Vertex

I can honestly say I'm completely complimentary with but one critique... I'm sure his butler (whoever dresses him) is now laying at the bottom of the river, because jacket looks as though it's mis buttoned with section hanging on bottom but otherwise all in all I must say that is the kingpin.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

The Hitman

tommyboy

Quote from: Vertex on January 24, 2009, 02:07:20 PM
I can honestly say I'm completely complimentary with but one critique... I'm sure his butler (whoever dresses him) is now laying at the bottom of the river, because jacket looks as though it's mis buttoned with section hanging on bottom but otherwise all in all I must say that is the kingpin.

Thanks.
You are right about the jacket, it does look mis-buttoned. I wanted it clear that the jacket overlapped, but probably over did it a bit.

USAgent

very nice improvement Tommy, you gave him a good shape for his head, kinda of a "fat head" look with the wider jaw and neck and a narrower head. The Jacket mismatch looks ok to me though, it gives him the actual look of a jacket instead of a really high skirt (like kingpin_t).  And of course it isnt Kingpin without his cane!

tommyboy

Johnny Patches

YES!! i been dredding on skopen kingpin  :thumbup:
thank you for giving us all these meshes youve created over the years

herodad1

as big as his belly is i'm sure its hard to get all the buttons right. :D

tommyboy

Heres something I knocked up today.
The skin is poor, even by my standards, but the mesh itself is semi-decent, I think.
I'll polish it a little and release next week, prolly.

detourne_me

Sweet! Love the Kingpin and Nite Owl Tom!
Wilson's head shape is just right. and I like the goggles on nite owl

TaskMasterX

Quote from: tommyboy on January 24, 2009, 01:28:25 PM
So, here we go again, on several levels.
For anyone not leaving, despairing, seething, plotting or triumphant, I present
Kingpin_tf, a half-bottomed attempt to improve on my horrible old kingpin mesh:

http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Marvel%20meshes%20J-K.html
Well, I have been plotting as of late, but you'll never be able to stop me from kidnapping your new meshes! MWAHAHAAHA!

Podmark

Sweet Niteowl!
Always great to see new stuff from you Tommy.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jakew

Great Niteowl and Kingpin! It must be tricky to Kingpin's proportions correct.

:thumbup:

tommyboy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 25, 2009, 08:46:21 AM
   These are cool Tom, any chance for a Rorscharch?

yes.
yes there is.
But I thought I'd read that there was already a good skin/skope somewhere...can't recall where..

jeremy355

Awesome Kingpin and Nite Owl Tom. Death's Jester made a great Rorscharch skin with an animated face.

tommyboy

Thanks Jeremy, I knew there'd been one made of Rorschach
Meanwhile, something else to preview:

Released when I'm happy with the anims

blobula

Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

tommyboy

Quote from: blobula on January 26, 2009, 05:56:27 PM
I really like this new Kingpin, Tommy.

...but you hate the new absorbing man, right?
*runs off crying*

Just being a horses behind witcha, sorry.
Thanks, Kingpin's still not as good as he could be, though. i'm not 100% convinced by him. I couldnt quite get the body type right. It's not terrible, but I would like to see or make a better one, one day.

Vertex

:unsure:

lol tommy wasn't gonna say a word but umm yeah Absorbing man needs some steroids and you know it.
cause I don't know squat

tommyboy

Quote from: Vertex on January 26, 2009, 06:14:45 PM

lol tommy wasn't gonna say a word but umm yeah Absorbing man needs some steroids and you know it.

See, that's the weird thing. Thats actually a bigger, more muscular build than the standard male basic, and about a head taller too. I wanted a slimmer build than previous male_heavy type Creels, but maybe he's too slim? I'll see if I can get him a bit bulkier. Gotta stop meshing all these dudes with weight issues...

Alaric

Quote from: tommyboy on January 26, 2009, 06:40:08 PM

See, that's the weird thing. Thats actually a bigger, more muscular build than the standard male basic, and about a head taller too. I wanted a slimmer build than previous male_heavy type Creels, but maybe he's too slim? I'll see if I can get him a bit bulkier. Gotta stop meshing all these dudes with weight issues...

His upper body (chest, shoulders, arms) looks perfect to me, and the head shape is just right. Starting at the waist, and going down, he could bulk up a bit.
Fear the "A"!!!

tommyboy

Quote from: Alaric on January 26, 2009, 06:49:55 PM
Quote from: tommyboy on January 26, 2009, 06:40:08 PM

His upper body (chest, shoulders, arms) looks perfect to me, and the head shape is just right. Starting at the waist, and going down, he could bulk up a bit.

I think you are right. I may have pretty much left the waist as it was in male_basic size, ie, too small for the rest of the body. The legs are bulked up a bit, maybe they could use more. But he's definitely going up a few waist sizes.
Eat Pastry, Creel! Get back there and finish those donuts!
mmmmmm..... mandatory donuts...*drools*

Xenolith

Hmm.  He could absorb the properties of a jelly doughnut. 

tommyboy

Vertex

cause I don't know squat

Vertex

okay did he absorb the kingpin... or did the kingpin EAT him?
cause I don't know squat

tommyboy

A little from column A, a little from column B.
Seriously, left to right, start to now versions.

I think its OK now, what do others feel (sorry they're a bit small, but endless big pics gives me hives).

Vertex

ladies and gentlemen..we have a winner!!

now would you like to hear something people have told me about my pants??

fix the knees.. so they are pants knees and not regular.. at least that's what they tell me.
cause I don't know squat