Laughing Paradox Skins - Cecilia Reyes (5.6.17)

Started by laughing paradox, January 21, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Well they look pretty good even if you can't release Tharok. The green girl (can't remember my Fatal Five right now) is my favorite skin.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

XPTO

Emerald Empress is my fav  :P, nice work LP.

USAgent

Nice looking Fatal Five LP.  Keep up the good work on these lesser know but much needed characters!

billdamn22

Great Fatal Five, LP. If I may add a critique, maybe make the brain texture on Validus a bit smaller. It just seems off to me.
Look into some tutorials on doing metal and perhaps you could finish Tharok...

crocodamon

laughing paradox

Thanks, folks! I may actually work on Tharok's metal side and complete it myself, but in time.

Bill, thanks for the critique.. you're right, Validus' brain section does look out of place. I'm definitely going to tweak it and see what comes up.

laughing paradox

I might do some other Defenders-related characters, like the female Red Guardian and Devil Slayer. I'm a big fan o' the Defenders.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 20, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

I might do some other Defenders-related characters, like the female Red Guardian and Devil Slayer. I'm a big fan o' the Defenders.

Oh, man! Now THAT'S old school! :D

Jakew

Nice one. I don't think anyone has done a skin for Isaac before.

Xenolith

Quote from: ElijahSnowFan on April 20, 2009, 10:15:50 PM
Quote from: laughing paradox on April 20, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Oh, man! Now THAT'S old school! :D

Not if you are as old as me.   :)

Podmark

Cool Gargoyle. I'd probably go for a deeper contrast with the muscles though. It looks a little faded.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Thanks, folks. Podmark, you were right on the money with your critique and I appreciate that you brought it to my notice.

I fixed it up.

USAgent

That deeper tone in the overall skin makes it look much better and alot sharper over all.  Very nice looking Gargoyle LP :thumbup:

Ash4fire

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

President Raygun

Quote from: Jakew on April 21, 2009, 01:40:34 AM
I actually have two, but I can't for the life of me remember who made 'em.

billdamn22

Quote from: President Raygun on April 21, 2009, 06:26:38 PM
Quote from: Jakew on April 21, 2009, 01:40:34 AM
I actually have two, but I can't for the life of me remember who made 'em.
I did one a while ago, but I don't think it was as good as this one. Nice job.

cryonic2099

Nice Gargoyle, LP. Having seen that, I bet you could make an awesome Etrigan (wink, wink)

laughing paradox

Thanks, folks. Gargoyle will be ready for download soon enough. Just have to write the files and make a portrait.

Sooooo..

I was thinking of making a brand new avatar for myself.. but I somehow got sidetracked, due to AA's Phylla skope.. and ended up making these characters. They are tentatively called Dusk and Dawn. I was in geek elation over their swords.. they look even better in motion. I did some cool things like adding scars on Dawn's face, but you can't really see it. I might submit one of these for Tomato's cool mod, but I actually have a villain I've been thinking about creating for it.

Let me know what you think.

herodad1

those two look very good.yeah,the swords do look awsome!

Outcast

Hey LP. Stellar job on improving your Gargoyle skin. It's looks better than ever. :cool:

And these latest original skins are pretty creative too. Those stars and rainbow effects really stands out. Nice touch. So far, my favorite would be the character with the rainbow colors. I think the character looks better with the cape and the boots.  :)  I think the other one could use more accessories perhaps. It doesn't have to be the same though. Maybe a different helmet style? A different weapon? Just an idea, but i think similar costumes could work too you know.  :wacko:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 25, 2009, 10:47:10 PM
Thanks, folks. Gargoyle will be ready for download soon enough. Just have to write the files and make a portrait.

Sooooo..

I was thinking of making a brand new avatar for myself.. but I somehow got sidetracked, due to AA's Phylla skope.. and ended up making these characters. They are tentatively called Dusk and Dawn. I was in geek elation over their swords.. they look even better in motion. I did some cool things like adding scars on Dawn's face, but you can't really see it. I might submit one of these for Tomato's cool mod, but I actually have a villain I've been thinking about creating for it.

Let me know what you think.

Are the rainbow stars (?) done with the lightmap? they look cool.

laughing paradox

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 28, 2009, 01:21:54 AM
Are the rainbow stars (?) done with the lightmap? they look cool.

The rainbow parts of the right character, and the white stars on the left character, are all done with the glow and with some tweaked reflection.

-----

I've had this character sitting on my computer for a while because I can't finish skoping it. Whenever I try to add a loincloth, it explodes. And I can't seem to find an appropriate piece for a belt, which I guess I'll have to skin. That's why I haven't released it. If any master skopers want to help me out, let me know.

Gamora

Gremlin

Looks pretty sweet! My only suggestion would be to add more of an edge or seam where the fishnet meets skin.

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 29, 2009, 11:33:17 AM
I've had this character sitting on my computer for a while because I can't finish skoping it. Whenever I try to add a loincloth, it explodes. And I can't seem to find an appropriate piece for a belt, which I guess I'll have to skin. That's why I haven't released it. If any master skopers want to help me out, let me know.

Gamora

'Nother one off my list. Looks purty.

BentonGrey

LP, I haven't been able to check out your work lately, but this is some great stuff!  I love those star-dappled swords especially. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

laughing paradox

I was listening to Darling Nikki (Foo Fighters version) and I was like, hey.. I should create Nikki from the Guardians o' da Galaxy and yeah.. here ya go.

I may skope a belt on because my skinning attempt at that was atrocious. :D

I think the other characters of that team were all done pretty well..except for a good mesh for Aleta. So I may skope that up, too.. is anyone aware of a female mesh with two hoverdisks, like Mister Miracle has when he flies? I'd use the Mister Miracle mesh but it would distort the female mesh.

laughing paradox

(from left to right) Thunderfox, Stardust, Nightveil, Ms. Victory, She-Cat, Synn, Dragonfly, Yankee Girl

Dragonfly was NOT skinned by me.. she was skinned by the ever-talented Sioux City Dynamo. I simply did a little skoping on her arm wings and wanted to add her to the rest of the team.

Been doing these suckers for a while. All of these are new skopes.. Stardust is a cool kind of female_basic_fx skope. I wasn't aware if one was created already or not.

Gremlin

These look cool, although the shading on Synn's costume holes is really severe. It looks like the fabric is a couple inches above her skin.

laughing paradox

Thanks for the head's up.. that'll be a very easy fix.