Laughing Paradox Skins - Cecilia Reyes (5.6.17)

Started by laughing paradox, January 21, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

The Mistress of Magic that no one asked for! (Updated image added because I'm mostly tired of looking at this old Clea pic whenever I visit this post and cringing.)

docdelorean88

I've never heard of her but she looks great. :thumbup:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Xenolith

Fantastic!  This is a great skin that really captures the character.

laughing paradox

Thanks! Clea was Doctor Strange's apprentice and lover for quite a while. She's also related to Dormammu, even becoming the Sorceress Supreme of Dormmamu's realm.

Jakew

Cool ... I don't think many Dr Strange characters have been done, aside from Strange and Dormammu.

blobula

Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

Xenolith

I didn't know somebody already skinned Dormammu, although I do have the mesh.

Outcast

I'm not sure why. But when i look at it at home, the colors seem to be lighter. But when i look at it at the office, the colors are much more darker. :blink: I am curious to know how the color appears for you guys. EDIT:   :doh: messed around with the monitor's settings at the office and tried to make it lighter. Now i remember why i lowered the brightness, it was giving me quite a headache. Good thing i have an lcd monitor at home.. :wacko:

Anyways, glad you got  your PC up and running again LP. Let the good times er i mean skins roll.  :P

BentonGrey

Nice skin LP, I'm only very vaguely familiar with her, but I love to see obscure characters made!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

AfghanAnt

The Circle pattern and shoulder pads are really well done.

JKCarrier

Great job on Clea! I did a really dire one on female_versatile about a million years ago, glad someone finally did her justice.  :lol:

laughing paradox

Thanks, everyone.  :thumbup:

I tweaked the coloring of Clea slightly and added reflection to the circle pattern.. it looks pretty nifty.

And anyone who's seen the Amalgam thread in the Requests forum knows I've been doing some Amalgam skins. This is my latest one.

I skinned everything except for the base (naturally) and the wings, which were the default of the vxmale_wing mesh. The mesh itself is a hex of Detourne_Me's vxHawkman skope.

laughing paradox

Two more Amalgamites. I am all about these characters.

Spoiler

billdamn22

Really good stuff, LP. How do you get so many skins done in such a short amount of time. :huh:

laughing paradox

Quote from: billdamn22 on January 23, 2009, 11:11:08 PM
Really good stuff, LP. How do you get so many skins done in such a short amount of time. :huh:

I actually start a couple at the same time and kind of work on one, get to another, then work on that. I also keep all my PSD files, so the basic 'templates' for things are there.. like Clea's shoulder pads were also from my Prototype skin and the shapes of clothes, like the bottom part of the briefs, have already been 'pre-cut' and I have a general highlights layer used for most of my skins. I even save the cut of things like Angelhawk's arm braces, as I've used that shape before. The most time consuming thing is getting seams and highlights correct and extras.

Hawkeye took about 4 hours in total because of all the extras. The actual skin itself was considerably less time.

billdamn22

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 23, 2009, 11:22:57 PM

I actually start a couple at the same time and kind of work on one, get to another, then work on that. I also keep all my PSD files, so the basic 'templates' for things are there.. like Clea's shoulder pads were also from my Prototype skin and the shapes of clothes, like the bottom part of the briefs, have already been 'pre-cut' and I have a general highlights layer used for most of my skins. I even save the cut of things like Angelhawk's arm braces, as I've used that shape before. The most time consuming thing is getting seams and highlights correct and extras.

Hawkeye took about 4 hours in total because of all the extras. The actual skin itself was considerably less time.
:P I do that as well, but I tend to never be happy with what I have saved and redo it anyway. I am my own worst critic.   :rolleyes:
Anyhow, don't stop. Love what you have been creating.

Gremlin

Outcast

Yeah. I'm just as amazed as you are. You guys work really fast.  :blink:

Nice skins LP. Never heard of Amalgams before but hey...getting to know more of them as more and more of them are being skinned. :cool:

Zivon23

Quote from: Outcast on January 24, 2009, 03:21:32 AM
Never heard of Amalgams before but hey...getting to know more of them as more and more of them are being skinned. :cool:
Here
and Here
and maybe Here

Outcast

Quote from: Zivon23 on January 24, 2009, 02:18:30 PM
Quote from: Outcast on January 24, 2009, 03:21:32 AM
Never heard of Amalgams before but hey...getting to know more of them as more and more of them are being skinned. :cool:
Here
and Here
and maybe Here

Thanks for the links. Marvel and DC should collaborate more often. :rolleyes:
Oh and that amalgam of Thor looked mighty cool too.  ^_^

Lunarman

UnkoMan

Quote from: Outcast on January 21, 2009, 04:25:06 AM
Now i remember why i lowered the brightness, it was giving me quite a headache. Good thing i have an lcd monitor at home.. :wacko:

LCD Monitors, AND High Def, etc, are stupid and are ruining everything I create. If they weren't so dang skinny, and they hadn't stopped making CRT monitors I would never ever get one.

Unless I wanted to watch Blue Planet or something.

detourne_me

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 25, 2009, 05:38:51 PM
Now i remember why i lowered the brightness, it was giving me quite a headache. Good thing i have an lcd monitor at home.. :wacko:

LCD Monitors, AND High Def, etc, are stupid and are ruining everything I create. If they weren't so dang skinny, and they hadn't stopped making CRT monitors I would never ever get one.

sorry ofr threadjacking but htis has to be one of the funniest jokes i've read in a while...  are you not pleased with your colouring Unko?
Dude, i love the brightness in your skins.

laughing paradox

I need to fix the 'glasses' part of her eyes, obviously.. so still a WIP. I did experiment with giving her a 'wet' look through reflection and that can be seen on her legs.

If anyone knows of a mesh piece that looks like horned-rimmed glasses, I would appreciate it.

billdamn22

daglob

Thre is also a Male Basic Glasses mesh. I've posted it at CO3, because I don't remember where I got it and couldn't find it.

Podmark

Cool Diamond Li!
Can't say I've ever heard of this Marine Marauder before, but I like design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Tommy's Animal Man might work.  I definitely never thought that I'd see this character skinned....in fact, I imagined that I was probably the only person on the boards who had ever even HEARD of her...but now that she is going to be released...I am already dreaming up ways to incorporate her into the DCUG.....
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Outcast

Quote from: detourne_me on January 25, 2009, 05:45:31 PM
Quote from: UnkoMan on January 25, 2009, 05:38:51 PM

sorry ofr threadjacking but htis has to be one of the funniest jokes i've read in a while...  are you not pleased with your colouring Unko?
Dude, i love the brightness in your skins.

I would like to apologize to LP too.

Why are LCD monitors, High Def , etc stupid? And how are they ruining the skins you make? :huh: