Double XP Weekend: Battleplan™

Started by MJB, January 20, 2009, 11:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

It's that time of year again. This upcoming weekend the Developers will flip that magic switch and we all will get double experience points, prestige and influence/infamy.

I missed the last Double XP weekend so I hope to make up for it by moving a lot of my toons forward. I'd like to get my Stalker to 20, my Spider to 40 and my new MM to 30 if possible. Knowing how packed Freedom gets I doubt I'll get all that accomplished.

What's your battleplan™?

-MJB

Funeral-Pyre

We have kids this weekend, so I doubt I'll get much play time.  :(

Kommando

My blaster is currently at 42 - I would like to get him to 50.

BlueBard

Quote from: Funeral-Pyre on January 21, 2009, 12:18:22 AM
We have kids this weekend, so I doubt I'll get much play time.  :(

I have kids -every- weekend :)

But I play at night a lot, after the kids are in bed.

I don't have a plan, can't plan ahead like that.  But there are a few toons I would like to advance.  I know I will not make 50... my highest toon is 38 1/2.

Most of my time spent lately has been juggling day jobs for all of my alts.  I'm closing in on some of the accolades.

I wonder if that will stack with some of the day job XP bonuses?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

MJB

Rested XP and Double XP do not stack. From what I understand you won't lose any rested XP during the weekend event. Come Monday all of your blue stuff will still be there waiting.

-MJB

Valandar

With any luck, I'll be back in the game, just in time.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

Inlaws coming town on Saturday, leaving on Sunday.....Don't know how much time I will be allowed to play.

electro

Battleplan was to use up my blue bubs tonight on 2 of my toons that i'm aiming to bust my first 50 with - One good, one evil & I ponyed up the doe too transfer the evil one to the Virtue server just incase I can't get into Freedom which I know will happen a few times :blink:

MJB

Day 1 results:

Stalker: level 18 1/2 (goal:20)
Spider: 38 (goal:40)
MM: 23 (goal:30)

I think my goals will be met with time to spare if nothing bad happens that is. :D

-MJB

El Condor

I had a big chunk of time yesterday and maybe a little tonight.  That'll be it for 2X-XP for me.  :(

I got my defender up to 41, my target for her.

I unexpectedly logged onto my floundering clown corruptor with some of the gents and got from 13 to 19 in about 10 minutes (okay, maybe a little bit longer). I might actually play him now!  :thumbup: 

EC
"Things would be so different, if they were not as they are." - Anna Russell

UnfluffyBunny

couldnt get on freedom atall yesterday, gonna get on today tho hopefully

Valandar

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on January 25, 2009, 02:45:38 PM

Yeah - it took until 1 AM Central time for me to get on, meself... now to see if, tonight, I can hoook up with someone running some TF's and grab those last two levels I need to Fiddy with Last Prime...
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

Vertex

this will be the first double exp weekend in a long time I won't have to get frustrated  :D

I canceled my subscription to COH on the 1st  :thumbup:
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Midnight

Lessee...

Sand Wasp, 16 to 22
[edit]Laughing Fox, 29 to 31
Minutemaid, 23 to 27
Ishkwakodjekoj, 12 to 22
Executioner's Axe, 25 to 27
Zelda Storm, 29 to 30

Good enough.

Valandar

Quote from: Valandar on January 25, 2009, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on January 25, 2009, 02:45:38 PM

Yeah - it took until 1 AM Central time for me to get on, meself... now to see if, tonight, I can hoook up with someone running some TF's and grab those last two levels I need to Fiddy with Last Prime...

Well, that plan has failed. By the time I got home this evening, it was already full up. No luck for me...

Ephemeris

Final Totals:

Menlo (Elec/Will), 15-->0-->2
Himavat (Psy/Ice), 2-->8
Overburden (Stone/Nrg), 8-->22
Moonmadness (Necro/Pain), 15-->22
Santuario (Axe/Shield), 19-->22  (Thanks Mike  :lol:)
Cardinal Virtues (Dark/Therm), 20-->22
Old Man Winter (Ice/Storm), 25-->26
Tour d'Ivoire (Grav/Elec), 27-->29
Superior Being (Elec/Ment), 39-->40

MJB

Here are my final totals:

Operative Lou (SoA), 36-->38
Quick Stryke (claws/wp), 15-->19
Mister Corpse (necro/pain), 22?-->27

There's still a bit of time left. I may work on my Defender but honestly I'm not sure if I feel like it. Didn't meet any of my goals for the weekend but I had fun when I could log on and when I wasn't playing CoX I enjoyed spending the weekend with my lady. :D

-MJB

MikeB7

Stress Point (nrg/wp brute), 13-->17
Frosty Da Snowmonger (ice/ice dom), 18-->22
Incan (fire/shield brute), 19-->22
Baron Magnifico (SoA), 19-->22
Thorn of Icarus (fire/thorn dom), 20-->22
Silas Pumatek (claws/NR stalker), 20-->22
Windswept (elec/storm corr), 20-->22
Borked (SS/shields brute), 20-->27
Riprage (elec/WP brute), 29-->32
Golden Spinster (SoA), 37-->38
Operative Gallows (bane), 41-->42
Drake Burlyblood (axe/wp brute), 44-->45

Mainly focused on getting the lesser-played toons to SOs and being Borked.  I'd switch immediately after dinging, so today will be spent actually leveling these toons and buying stuff.  Fun weekend. :)

AncientSpirit

For me, double experience weekend was evil.   Literally.

Since I found the Freedom Server locked virtually every time I logged in, I ported over to Pinnacle where all my "Bizarro JLA"-type bad guys are ... and had a blast leveling them.   Like many others, I looked for low toons and got them up to SO levels, then ditched them rather than level and buy enhancements for them.

(I was also able to do this for a couple of heroes on Freedom but only if I logged in during the mornings, when Freedom was still light.   Fortunately, Mrs. AS sleeps in.   But then we ventured out and enjoyed RL, so my heroism time was extremely limited.)

AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Angry Fly 21-35
High-Energy Punk 42-44

Kommando

Didn't do a lot, but got Maria Marcone from L17-23.

BlueBard

Just like everyone else, the toons I was really interested in levelling were on a server I couldn't get on for most of the weekend.

I did level some C-list heroes.  I also spent time juggling day jobs for some of them, and continuing to add a new Veteran power to the toons I haven't already powered up.  (Nemesis Staff/Blackwand.  Oh, yeah!)

Monday night I finally got Maxwell Miracle to 39.  He'll probably wind up being my first ding, eventually.

STO/CO: @bluegeek