AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Patches

thats sweet i really like how your faces & hair to turn out.. ;)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 16, 2009, 04:54:56 PM
Niiiiice :cool:

Great work on these so far AA.

Coming from you that means a lot.

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on January 16, 2009, 06:08:09 PM
Sabertooths expression is priceless! :thumbup:

I think so too.

Quote from: Johnny Patches on January 16, 2009, 06:08:40 PM
thats sweet i really like how your faces & hair to turn out.. ;)

Yeah I'm really happy with Blink's hair. Do you think you will be available to help me with Holocaust?

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Spoiler

So here's Sunfire. The mask is actually a separate piece that got skoped on.

I know I said pack 1 was coming out today but with the way I'm skinning these I'll probably be done with all by next week so I'm just going to hold off until they are all done and release.

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

AfghanAnt

Thanks, I need to add some more shadow around the edges of the mask to hide the alpha'ed edges.

laughing paradox

Really great work, AA.

The coloring on Sabretooth really pops out and catches the eye. However, I think Wild Child's coloring.. particularly the highlight in his arms.. look drab in comparison. This is purely meant as a constructive critique, of course.. no insult intended at all. That Wild Child is better than anything I've pumped out yet. :)

Zippo

Amazing work AA! Blink's face is just awesome.

It seems a few of our more prolific skinners are really stepping it up lately!

herodad1

detourne_me

Nice work AA.  is sunfire a whole new skope with the...neck jimmies? umm i mean a collar with koped on jimmies?  his face also looks thinner than normal too.

can't wait for this pack to come out...  these guys were the best AoA team,  although i did love quicksilver and banshee's designs too.

BentonGrey

These are really nice AA, but something about Sunfire doesn't quite seem right to me...now, take this with as much salt as you like, since I am completely unskilled when it comes to skinning, but it seems to me tha the could do with some red highlights.  His orange is too even.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 17, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
The coloring on Sabretooth really pops out and catches the eye. However, I think Wild Child's coloring.. particularly the highlight in his arms.. look drab in comparison. This is purely meant as a constructive critique, of course.. no insult intended at all. That Wild Child is better than anything I've pumped out yet. :)
It was the mesh. It was showing up dark in-game too so I ended up using a Ren mesh instead. It fixed the color issue.

Quote from: Zippo on January 17, 2009, 10:25:12 PM
It seems a few of our more prolific skinners are really stepping it up lately!
Thanks!

Quote from: herodad1 on January 17, 2009, 10:47:49 PM
does wild child use the toad kf's?
Nope. They are TJ's Gremlin keyframes.

Quote from: detourne_me on January 18, 2009, 03:11:51 AM
Nice work AA.  is sunfire a whole new skope with the...neck jimmies? umm i mean a collar with koped on jimmies?  his face also looks thinner than normal too.

can't wait for this pack to come out...  these guys were the best AoA team,  although i did love quicksilver and banshee's designs too.

Yup whole new skope with a new male basic.

I love Banshee's design but I feel like if I do him I have to do the Amazing team too.

Quote from: ips on January 18, 2009, 04:49:54 AM
the hottest part of the flame is the white core... you may wanna consider adding white (or a pale yellow/white) hot areas.

great lips and chin.

I think you are right. I'll add some more whiter highlights.

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 19, 2009, 04:33:51 PM
These are really nice AA, but something about Sunfire doesn't quite seem right to me...now, take this with as much salt as you like, since I am completely unskilled when it comes to skinning, but it seems to me tha the could do with some red highlights.  His orange is too even.

I actually thought if I went too reddish it would be too much like Human Torch's coloring. Even though they are both on fire I really wanted Sunfire to look a little different color-wise. I'm probably going to lighten him up just a bit.

BentonGrey

Haha, what little I understood of that seemed like a very good idea! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

darkknight92

They all look great! Can't wait to see the finished team!

As a aspiring skinner (someday), I want to give you a big "Thank You" for your work.  :lol:

I hope you find your joy again....

AfghanAnt

Quote from: darkknight92 on January 28, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
They all look great! Can't wait to see the finished team!

As a aspiring skinner (someday), I want to give you a big "Thank You" for your work.  :lol:

I hope you find your joy again....

Thank you, I actually really needed to see this post.

Champion 2 of 11

Ares_God_of_War

we need to go to Candy Mountain Charlie! It's full of sweets and joy and joyness!
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

BentonGrey

AA, like I've said before, you're one of the greats.  I can't wait to see whatever you do next.
God Bless

AfghanAnt

After coming to gripes with the chaos I started skinning again. I've got a few marvel skin and one or two dcs on the way. The Astonishing X-Men pak could be finished as early as tonight or tomorrow.

I've got something big on the way, Johnny Patches made one my oldest request come true and now I have to do it justice. :)

BTW as always your comments mean a lot.

steamteck

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 28, 2009, 06:47:02 PM
AA, like I've said before, you're one of the greats.  I can't wait to see whatever you do next.
And every time I think you've topped out. your next one is just WOW!.  I really look forward to your releases. You have such an innovative approach to your originals as well as your renditions renditions of classic characters

BentonGrey

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 28, 2009, 08:12:19 PM
After coming to gripes with the chaos I started skinning again. I've got a few marvel skin and one or two dcs on the way. The Astonishing X-Men pak could be finished as early as tonight or tomorrow.

I've got something big on the way, Johnny Patches made one my oldest request come true and now I have to do it justice. :)

BTW as always your comments mean a lot.

Ohh ohh!  Johnny Patches and AA teaming up on a something?  This is gonna' be good!  Of course, I can't wait to see the DC skins, but that goes without saying. ^_^
God Bless

Johnny Patches

AfghanAnt

deano_ue

AfghanAnt

I think I might make her cape tattered and maybe darker in hue.

Johnny Patches

oh man this pic just reminded me .. :huh:
i think you know what im trying to say..
nice stuffage AA

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Johnny Patches on January 29, 2009, 03:49:29 AM
oh man this pic just reminded me .. :huh:
i think you know what im trying to say..
nice stuffage AA

Maybe I know. If it is what I'm thinking, as soon as you are done, I'll skin and ship.

The Hitman

Wow, man, great stuff. I don't say that enough. I should. Really great stuff.

Podmark

Rogue looks very good AA. Really happy you haven't let this crap keep you down.

I think I have a pretty good idea what Johnny made for you.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page