News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

There's a lot of videos of game play floating around youtube.  So far the game looks good.  I like the fact that you can have a PVP while on a quest.  It makes it seems more real.  I just hope that it's an option you can turn off if you're not the PVP type.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

marhawkman

Or maybe just not need to win the PVP?  D2 had that.  Although D2's version was simply other characters interfering with the quest.

Trelau

from what we've seen the quest are never about beating the other players in pvp. it's more like the first team who kills their opponent's NPC : if you're a villain you're trying to KO Superman, and in the same room heroes are trying to KO luthor. or that's the way i understand.

marhawkman

electro

Looks fun to me & i've been craving some superhero pvp action latly - A full game based around it now seems like a great idea when before I was a little disapointed in the PvP only news - It might change up how I make a character to - Like instead of a custom villain that reflects whatever I personally want in an Villainous character instead, I can now be a Lex corp agent & fight along side my boss to wipe out Superman or be a thug lackey for the Black Mask & take down Batman etc... - Could be real fun :blink:

Glitch Girl

Another Release

Nightwing game artwork

with Raven and Beastboy  (not sure if these two are final artwork or just in-game test characters)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Midnite

Trelau

yeah about those...i'm on their facebook group and arlready said it there, but am i the only one who have a problem with her face? it looks a little weird, and worse of all she doesn't look like supergirl at all (we only have concept art of supergirl, so maybe they'll cahnge her...)

bengal

So, can we infer that with the addition of Beast Boy that we can play shapeshifting characters?

Trelau

i think it was confirmed as part of a "nature" power set. this set is said to be based on poison ivy and beast boy: so plant-based power, probably plant invocation, shapeshifting into animal and possibly but not confirmed animal invocation too.

marhawkman

the animal thing makes a lot of sense if they include Vixen in that category.

bat1987

Nothing much, but i think this is really epic (could be better quality though).
Spoiler

BentonGrey

Hmmm.....I wonder who's missing from this group shot.....hmm...
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 15, 2010, 09:28:01 PM
Hmmm.....I wonder who's missing from this group shot.....hmm...

Red Tornado

The Wonder Twins

Black Canary

The Atom

bengal

Also don't see Aquaman or Plastic Man in the photo either.

deano_ue

so if you guys get it which will you get pc or console

to me it'll come down to cost and more importantly mod ability, i don't see the create a hero being as flexible on the consoles

bat1987

I`ll get it for PC. Don`t have a next gen console anyway.

Courtnall6

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on April 27, 2010, 10:58:48 PM
so if you guys get it which will you get pc or console

to me it'll come down to cost and more importantly mod ability, i don't see the create a hero being as flexible on the consoles

Very doubtful this game will be all that mod-able...creating heroes wise anyway. Any modding to the hero creator will only be seen by you and people that download and use your mod. Everyone else ingame will see the standard stuff released with the game. You probably won't be able to add anything to the costume creator either...just "overwrite" what is already ingame.

The PC game will be cheaper by 10-20$ than the console version. At least that's how it usually goes anyway. Although their aren't many PC/console MMO's out there...so who knows really. Cryptic had plans to make Champions and Star Trek Online for PC and console...both console versions have been all but abandoned as far as I know.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Midnite

E3 2010: DC Universe Online Gets a Release Date

E3 2010: Controls and Features Interview HD

Near the end made me laugh, when their demo character stole aggro from Superman during the Doomsday fight with predictable results.

electro

This is great news - They don't even have this info on there facebook page yet - With this game & The Last Guardian comming out i'll have to rebuy a PS3 this Christmas :blink:

detourne_me

It was interesting what he said in the interview about the possibility of sharing accounts on ps3 and pc.
the only thing holding me back from getting this is if there will be a subscription fee or not.
i had to drop STO and CO because paying $15+ a month only to be able to play when most people are asleep is absurd (time zone factors for me)

Trelau

Quote from: detourne_me on June 03, 2010, 09:30:30 AM
the only thing holding me back from getting this is if there will be a subscription fee or not.

Yep, i'm with you on that one. I also find it a little unbelievable that they have a release date sheduled so soon but that they officially still have no idea wether there will be a monthly fee or not.

The problem is obviously that the PS3 players are used to free to play online game (unlike Xbox live players who are used to pay to play), and they probably won't buy DCUO if there's a fee. But not having a monthly fee and going free-to-play is pretty unpopular among the PC players (i'd dare say they're being extremist douchebags on the issue in fact) who wants the game to be "preserved" from casual players.

the fact that the servers are shared between PC and PS3 gives me confidence that there won't be a different treatment for both platform (free-to-play on PS3 and monthly fee on PC...worst case scenario in my opinion)
And the fact that the game was really designed as a PS3 game first (they really want it to be the big MMo of the console) makes me hope they'll go the Guild Wars way, with F2P as a base and boxed expansion every few month.

That's the first MMO i can see myself playing for a real long time...so, i'm eagerly waiting for the "what economic model" annoucement.

electro

What cooler power could you possibly have than SUPERSPEED!
:blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbXwKUOknO8

Midnite

Quote from: electro on June 03, 2010, 10:19:27 PM
What cooler power could you possibly have than SUPERSPEED!
:blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbXwKUOknO8

Want NAO!  :o

By the way, the E3 2010: Controls and Features Interview HD video I posted up. They changed the in-game footage in that interview video. Gotham looks amazing.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotethe fact that the servers are shared between PC and PS3 gives me confidence that there won't be a different treatment for both platform (free-to-play on PS3 and monthly fee on PC...worst case scenario in my opinion)

Actually, the developers specifically said that they don't know if they will share servers or not, only that the game's been built to have the capability.  They say the marketing department gets to make that decision.

They have, however, been hinting that they may use a model similar to Guild Wars.  If so, I'm definitely in.  If they do use a monthly fee, I'm afraid CoH will likely keep my dollars instead.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

RTTingle

The world looks great... but the animations and combat seem --- off.

bat1987

It looks gorgeous, but I agree that combat could be smoother.