News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Can't wait for the 1st update tomorrow. Hopefully all the exploiters are gone, now that the free month is over.

AncientSpirit

Discovered yesterday that even though the League says that you're logged on, doesn't mean you are.    Sent a message to some listed, got the "Player Not Found" listed.   then went to friends list and saw that the same people who were listed as ONLINE in League, where listed as OFFLINE on Friends List.

I'm sure this is the first month kinks the game will work out over time. 
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

bredon7777

"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Midnite

Jan. 22nd for 1st Update.

QuoteI promised an update for all of you regarding the February game update and here it is.  Releasing a world-wide, multi-platform MMO like DC Universe Online requires each of our updates go through a complex approval process before they are brought to you.  While we are still finalizing many of our update processes to ensure they are as efficient as possible, these approvals took a little longer than anticipated this time. This update will be brought to you at the first available opportunity which is Tuesday morning for everyone (no one platform or country will be left behind!).

What can you expect in this update?  I'm glad you asked!

* A new Batcave Raid zone
   * A new holiday themed alert
   * New holiday themed missions
   * An Auction House
   * A New PvP Ring Event
   * New Catwoman adventure which drops new Armor
   * A new Bane Duo
   * New Races
   * New Collections
   * Various PvP Exploits (you know which ones) have been fixed
   * The first wave of a series of Social UI changes
   * Dozens of Mission, Visual, and Audio bug fixes

We know many of you are excited about not only the new content but some of these fixes and we are determined to get them to you.  We thank you for all your patience and understanding.

Finally, I'm finishing up our patch notes this morning and plan to post them later today (minus a few which refer to exploits) so you can see exactly what is changing.

Patch notes Feb. 22nd 2011

JeyNyce

Sounds good.  I have my hero & my villain both at lvl 30 so they both will be running around after catwoman on Tuesday
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tortuga

I cannot wait for the dual-pistols pvp exploit to be taken care of.

MJB

Well that didn't last long. I played DCUO until my main reached level 30. Once that happened I found that it was difficult to find a team willing to bring me along on raids since I didn't have gear. I also discovered that I didn't enjoy any of the lvl 30 missions. The game seemed boring & really difficult all of the sudden to me. *shrugs*

Cancelled my sub & uninstalled. I guess I'll wait around for it to hit F2P or something.  <_<

Tortuga

I cancelled too.  Too bad you didn't get in before PSN died, MJB, as I found it much easier to team (although the raid-snobs made raiding unappealing for me).

If they would've added power sets and new mentors (along with new mission paths) I would have stayed.  More costume options would've helped too.

C6

I played for the free month and that's it. I thought the new Green Lantern expansion would make me subscribe...sadly once I found that you can't actually join the GL corps (or wear the lantern emblem) but rather you become some lame reservist. It turned me right off. It seems like DCUO just goes out of it's way to make your toons feel like forever sidekicks.  :thumbdown:

Like MJB...I'm basically waiting for it to go F2P now.

martialstorm

Count  me among the unimpressed as well, I prefer Champions Online.

Tortuga

Quote from: C6 on August 21, 2011, 02:29:32 PM
It seems like DCUO just goes out of it's way to make your toons feel like forever sidekicks.  :thumbdown:

And yet, at the same time, Batman comes across as bumbling fool.  In all the Batman mission dialogue/voiceovers he's always caught off guard, or needing you to fix his mistakes, or do something he can't do.  He's Batman, dangit!

BigAl1775

Been like 2 months since someone replied to this...sooooo.....hey all! I've been playing this game since launch (didn't get in the beta) and I love it. There are things that make me upset at times, but its still my go-to game. (My 360 misses me terribly!) I'd been skating around the idea of joining FR and finally did (apparently this came a surprise to no one). Glad to be here and hope the league sticks with the game for a while.
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

Magnificent

Quote from: C6 on August 21, 2011, 02:29:32 PM
I played for the free month and that's it. I thought the new Green Lantern expansion would make me subscribe...sadly once I found that you can't actually join the GL corps (or wear the lantern emblem) but rather you become some lame reservist. It turned me right off. It seems like DCUO just goes out of it's way to make your toons feel like forever sidekicks.  :thumbdown:

Like MJB...I'm basically waiting for it to go F2P now.

Yeah, many folks have mentioned that on the Sony boards.  The problem with it is that DC won't let the iconic (read: trademarked) symbols be used without heeeeavy control (ie: they are only available on costume pieces and not as stand-alone emblem chest pieces).  :(

Silverlion

Do we have a supergroup formed up? I've not seen anyone online..so :/
Hearts & Souls: Superhero RPG Second Edition Coming Soon
High Valor: A fantasy Dark Age RPG. Available NOW!

BigAl1775

Quote from: Silverlion on July 08, 2012, 11:52:37 PM
Do we have a supergroup formed up? I've not seen anyone online..so :/
Villain or hero? If hero, look up Dreadlok, Princess Prism, Bow Sting, The Black Dragon, or shout out to see if any members on. Most likely one of the officers is on and can invite you to the league. If you don't get a reply thru shouting, try adding the LFG channel to your custom channels in the setting menu. Then send the message thru that. Best time to find any of us is between 6PM EST and 10PM. Hope to see ya soon.  :D
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

Silverlion

Either one, I've got 1 villain, and a bunch of heroes. So :D But all of them could use a group.

Midnite

Quote from: Silverlion on July 10, 2012, 10:28:25 PM
Either one, I've got 1 villain, and a bunch of heroes. So :D But all of them could use a group.

What are your hero toon names?

Silverlion

Mindscion
Sergeant Thunder
Acceleratus
Ghostlion
Ruorhn (Green Lantern)
Aeronaut

I may reroll Sergeant Thunder when I can afford the new pack, so I can try the shield weapon.

My villain is Major Ruin

Midnite

Which one is your main toon?