News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ultimates 3, anyone? Anyone?

Started by Mujadaddy, January 11, 2009, 01:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mujadaddy

Sorry I'm like 13 months behind, but I just read it today.

So, I give it a 3.9/10... 

First, too much is happening for no reason.  There's almost no lead-in to *any* of the numerous activities.  It kinda reminded me of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie in that regard.

Then, it sort of starts to make some sense in the middle...

Finally, it goes back to too much happening for no reason.

Also, the fight scene "cinematography" was horrrrrrible.

Spoiler
...and did they COMPLETELY FORGET to give Scarlet Incest Witch *ANY* characterization whatsoever, or was that just me?

Previsionary

SW was only alive in one issue...why give her anything other than a new "sexy" costume and an incestuous relationship. Don't be silly. :P

ARCHIVES

That's all the opinions on that story. Most of it was filled out "later" in annuals and such and Ultimates 3 only served one purpose...to set up Magneto/Ultimatum.
Disappear when you least expe--

Mahu

I couldn't get past the art, the colors where too dark and the art was too disproportionate.
"I feel they owe me." -Comic Book Guy
"They gave you thousands of hours of quality entertainment for free. If anything you owe them." - Bart
"Worst Episode Ever." -Comic Book Guy
[img]http://www.stkp.com/FF/FWBUTTONS/hamsterbutton.gif[/img][url

Mujadaddy

Quote from: Previsionary on January 11, 2009, 01:49:19 AM
ARCHIVES
Oh, thanks for that...

Quote from: Afghan AntJust saw Ultimates 3.3 and needless to say I'm only reading it now to punish myself. This issue was probably the most insulting story wise and the most offensive character assassination I've ever read.
hahahahah, this ;)

Talavar

Quote from: Mahu on January 11, 2009, 04:53:47 AM
I couldn't get past the art, the colors where too dark and the art was too disproportionate.

Yeah - and the art was the best part!